More On Clabo's Release...with A Big Hint As To Why. From Insider

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All of our players that play online have been in the scheme already so they dont have to learn scheme they just need time together.

With the release of Clabo I could see a online that looks like this

LT- Baker

LG - Blalock

C- Hawley

RG- Konz

RT - Holmes

or

LT- Baker

LG- Blalock

C- Konz

RG- Vet

RT- Holmes

You would not want to put a rookie in between Konz and HOlmes you want a vet

Konz is best at C and GR will be pretty good RG if he can come back healthy. Its scary to see the Line change except the left side but staying put wasn't getting it done either.

Ok fair enough, you turned the table on me, so lets take a look at your table top.

Clabo is Gone replaced by Holmes from the depth Chart Depth Chart Void =1 (OT)

McClure is Gone. Replaced by Konzilla, Depth Chart void = 1 (RG/C)

Tis draft was perfect for our defense this year in that weonly needed WR, OT, TE

from the draft. 3 out of 11 picks to the offense.

Now we must delve into the 7th in hopes of finding Quality for the O Line.

Brings us to 4 out of 11.

Seemingly small percentage?

How about we discount the 3 extra 7th round picks so we can tighten the quality.

This puts us at 4 out of 8 picks in this years draft.

The other 3 picks are just first dibbies on the UDFA's.

Odd thing to say following the release of a guy that went undrafted.

Edited by Run 'n' Shoot

I saw those threads and was kinda laughing for you when this happened. That said, I'm pretty worried by this move. The right side is supposed to be the hole opening, mauling side of the line, and we have major questions from center to RT now. Hopefully magic happens, but its worrisome.

Ehh not anymore.

more and more teams run to the left now.

In todays nfl it is all about both sides being able to pass protect.

Based off what I saw of him in college he improves our pass protection from the right side.

He has the bulk and hte feetto be a good run defendered but I do not know if he has that streak in him......we will find out.

One thing for sure is TD,Smitty, and the crew are around the guys all day every day... they have a much much better feel for them than fans do.

We may see a FA G come in and we use a later round pick or maybe Manley might be a player they want to develop. I do feel like Holmes need time and TD stated that they did want to get younger. I also think we see another FA bought in so you might be jumping the gun a little.

Hey that is a nice thought.

But I dunno.

Brees Contract, Flacco's, Rogers and his Pretty Blond hair Beech on Defense are

setting the table for Ryan.

Center, RG, RT,,,,,,,,,,I am having a hard time digesting this and Ryan better

acquire a taste for Turf,,, cause like the previous poster stated,

The line will get worse before it gets better.

Look for Davis to be the starter by week 4

Every time I mentioned moving Clabo to RG and starting Holmes at RT I got killed on these boards last year. People kept telling me that Holmes was a LT, not a RT & that he shouldn't play on the right side. Thought they were crazy, but this is a logical move. Manley & Holmes (RG/RT) on the right side, I'd at least like to see that be given a shot early on.

It does seem logical, and though we can discuss the who, what, where, and why, I think this front office and coaches got it under control. Read "The War Room" the Patriots didn't drop somebody unless they already got somebody to be the next man up. Falcons have the same approach. OL has to be a much better run blocking line and they could have salted away a couple of playoffs wins fairly easily with a better run game.

Hey that is a nice thought.

But I dunno.

Brees Contract, Flacco's, Rogers and his Pretty Blond hair Beech on Defense are

setting the table for Ryan.

Center, RG, RT,,,,,,,,,,I am having a hard time digesting this and Ryan better

acquire a taste for Turf,,, cause like the previous poster stated,

The line will get worse before it gets better.

Look for Davis to be the starter by week 4

Konz is an upgrade over McClure and Holmes is an upgrade over Clabo in terms of pass protection. Reynolds was good at pass protection but that was about it. I'm not understanding the gloom and doom.

Konz is an upgrade over McClure and Holmes is an upgrade over Clabo in terms of pass protection. Reynolds was good at pass protection but that was about it. I'm not understanding the gloom and doom.

This move was a surprise. I think Konz will be just fine as he will be moved to his natural position and McClure while steady, was falling off. Not sure what Holmes has, since we hardly saw him...clearly managment has A LOT of confidence in him.

mcclure an clabo been falling off last few years . hence everyone thinkin rush the A-gaps to get to Ryan . i believe we gotta good line coach an now hes gonna have to work magic to get production from draft picks . i mean geez everyone was damning baker to he// just 2 years ago . i believe they got this under wraps

I am certian that Holmes is prepared, but that is not the issue.

Offensive lines have to gel and that takes 2 full seasons

We are now officially skrewed becaus we just replaced

Center, RG, RT, and good luck with that.

Sure hope Ryan learns how to scramble, because Baker can contain

the blind side for a limited time.

These guys were old. You do know eventually you have to replace the starters right.

I really, REALLY don't like this move.

Clabo's next team in.gif

April, 4, 2013

Apr 4

9:44

AM ET

nfl.gifIn order to provide themselves with some additional cap space (possibly to work out a new deal with QB Matt Ryan), the Atlanta Falcons are releasing starting RT Tyson Clabo, according to his agent Chad Speck.

This seems counter-logic to me.....A Ryan extension almost certainly creates cap space in and of itself, no? I think his cap hit is like 12mil this year...even if his contract "averages" 20+ mil this year, the average doesn't necessarily equal cap hit.....correct me if i'm wrong

In theory you're right. If we had to cut Clabo to fit Ryan's contract then the contract is even bigger than we think and we are in serious trouble financially for years to come.

That said, I *hope* we didn't cut Clabo for that reason.

After the Clabo cut, we have 89 million dollars on the books for next season.

Here is next season's free agents

Matt Ryan

Jonathan Babineaux

Robert Mcclain

Corey Peters

Peria Jerry

Mike Johnson

Drew Davis

Dominique Franks

Chase Coffman

Joe Hawley

Shaun Schillinger

Using this year's cap number we are 34, almost 35 million UNDER the cap. We have two potential high priced FA's in Ryan, who will obviously be resigned, and Babs who might not. The rest of our FA's are mid tier players at best. Do you see 35 million dollars in those FA's?

Yep looks like Holmes is the guy. It make sense. We gave Baker a 6 year contract so it would make sense for Baker to sign a long deal if the coaches planned on Holmes taking his spot. I would actually want to see how Reynolds plays at RT but I think we're committed to Holmes there.

After the Clabo cut, we have 89 million dollars on the books for next season.

Here is next season's free agents

Matt Ryan

Jonathan Babineaux

Robert Mcclain

Corey Peters

Peria Jerry

Mike Johnson

Drew Davis

Dominique Franks

Chase Coffman

Joe Hawley

Shaun Schillinger

Using this year's cap number we are 34, almost 35 million UNDER the cap. We have two potential high priced FA's in Ryan, who will obviously be resigned, and Babs who might not. The rest of our FA's are mid tier players at best. Do you see 35 million dollars in those FA's?

lol, I'm not sure I see five million in those players. The Iceman cometh back for certain.....I agree with you...I don't see Babs coming back. I think an argument can be made that everyone other than Jerry and Franks may return. Especially Coffman if he returns this year. However, with Dimitroff letting "career backups" (Owens, Svitek, Sidbury, Walker) leave this year as opposed to paying them slightly better than backup money, I think the more likely outcome is that we see a changing of the guard in our depth with 11 picks this year and possibly the same amount next year....

Our line just wasn't the same since Dahl left. Now McClure retires, then we release Clabo. It's scary to think we only have one proven linemen now - Blaylock. Baker is too inconsistent.

Ryan deserves a top dollar contract but not at the expense of his line. He knows better than anyone after 2011 that without a line a QB can't win games ALL by himself.

Dunta was the only cut so far that made sense to me, and that was when I thought we were re-signing Grimes. Without Grimes we're right back where we were. Same with the Abe/Osi situation. It's great to have Osi, but without Abe, how is this any better than the past 5 years?

When we keep cutting our best players it just makes me worried that this team is falling apart. I hope I'm wrong.