Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Phillies @ Braves

599 posts in this topic

Cliff Lee is one of the best pitches in baseball for a reason folks. He knows what he's doing. Can't win em all. The Braves weren't gonna go 162-0. They won the series and that's all they needed to do. Win series as Bobby said all those years. You win 2 outta every 3 games and you'll be sitting pretty at the end of the season with a 108-54 record.

Great way to start the year in my opinion. Now we need to really take care of business against the Cubs. We should end the first week of our season going 5-1. I see no reason why these Cubs pitchers don't get shelled this weekend.

Great way to start the year in my opinion. Now we need to really take care of business against the Cubs. We should end the first week of our season going 5-1. I see no reason why these Cubs pitchers don't get shelled this weekend.

They've got Samardzija going on Sunday. Samardzija is tough. He's developed into a much better pitcher than I ever thought he would.

Cox left pitchers in too long, Fredi doesn't leave pitchers in long enough.

BJ needs to get it going. The Cubs are a great starting point to rack up some hits.

Would like to see more of Gattis and less of Laird at starting C.

We need our starting pitchers to go deeper into games. It's early, but our bullpen is getting lots of work.

We're 2-1 and just won the series against the Phils. Let's do the same or better against the Cubs!

I think Laird will get most of the action early while Gattis is still learning the pitchers. I expect Laird will catch the younger pitchers while Gattis will get guys like Maholm and Hudson who can call their own game effectively if needed.

I think Laird will get most of the action early while Gattis is still learning the pitchers. I expect Laird will catch the younger pitchers while Gattis will get guys like Maholm and Hudson who can call their own game effectively if needed.

I don't know why Laird was the guy the Braves choose to be the new backup catcher. He is a freaking bum! Dude's defense is PATHETIC! Defensive catcher my butt!

B.J. needs to calm down and stop trying to crush the ball. take the prado approach slap it right center and go for hits not home runs. 34 strikeouts is way to much, even though we won the series. gotta cut those down

B.J. needs to calm down and stop trying to crush the ball. take the prado approach slap it right center and go for hits not home runs. 34 strikeouts is way to much, even though we won the series. gotta cut those down

BJ is a big time pull hitter. He's not just going to take a single to right field. That's not who he is. That's the reason he had an OPS under .300 last season. It's the reason his walk totals have declined in recent years. He's very much like Andruw Jones in that regard.

Laird has disgusted me thus far this season.

Same here. He was signed because he was supposed to be a solid defensive catcher but his defense has been terrible. He makes Brian McCann look like Yadier Molina.

Seriously, Fredi needs to get Minor warmed up, Teheran can start in Minor's spot and then Huddy can go. Medlen has absolutely no control, he's borderline Ankiel out there

You really have no clue what it takes fora starting pitcher to get himself ready if you think this BS.

Also have to take into account that Meds is from California too. So there's a good chance this is the coldest game he has ever pitched in in his life.

I doubt it.I bet in minor league he pitched in cold weather.

You really have no clue what it takes fora starting pitcher to get himself ready if you think this BS.

I doubt it.I bet in minor league he pitched in cold weather.

Cold weather is one thing. Last night it was upper 30s with 15-20 mph winds, so you're talking about a wind chill in the 20s. That's a whole different level of cold.

Boy how things have turned in a positive for the Braves against the Phillies. The Braves lost their final 7 games against the Phillies in 2011 and their first against them in 2012 for a total of 8 straight losses. The Braves went almost a full calender year without beating the Phillies having wins coming on July 9, 2011 and May 2, 2012. Since the comeback against Roy Halladay on May 2nd last year and Chipper's walk-off blast that night the Braves have won 14 of 20 against the Phillies.