I was reading some of the info on the new stadium details, and the idea of PSLs, Do you have to buy a PSL for each seat, or just one per account? Ive been a STH for 8 years, and with 3 kids, i can barely afford to do that, much less pay 1,000 or 2,000 per seat, Now, im not so excited about this.

http://ireader.olivesoftware.com/Olive/iReader/AtlantaJournal/SharedArticle.ashx?document=AJC%5C2013%5C02%5C24&article=Ar02103

9. If the stadium costs $1 billion to build, how would the Falcons and other private sources come up with their $800 million portion?

The NFL would contribute up to $200 million, of which the Falcons probably would have to repay $50 million. Another large chunk, estimated at $100 million to $200 million by a GWC-CA-commissioned study, could be generated by the planned sale of personal seat licenses, which are one-time fees for the right to subsequently buy season tickets in a specific seat. Falcons president Rich McKay told the City Council on Wednesday that the team’s obligation would be at least $500 million after the NFL contribution and PSL sales. The team has indicated it plans to take on debt to build the stadium.

10. How much would fans be asked to pay for personal seat licenses?

The Falcons, who would set the prices, haven’t provided specifics. Recent PSL prices at other NFL stadiums have caused sticker shock among some Falcons fans: $2,000 to $150,000 depending on seat location at the Dallas Cowboys’ stadium, $1,000 to $25,000 at the New York Giants/ Jets’ stadium, and $2,000 to $80,000 at the San Francisco 49ers’ stadium now under construction. “Ours would be on a much smaller scale,” McKay told the City Council.

I was reading some of the info on the new stadium details, and the idea of PSLs, Do you have to buy a PSL for each seat, or just one per account? Ive been a STH for 8 years, and with 3 kids, i can barely afford to do that, much less pay 1,000 or 2,000 per seat, Now, im not so excited about this.

http://ireader.olive...article=Ar02103

9. If the stadium costs $1 billion to build, how would the Falcons and other private sources come up with their $800 million portion?

The NFL would contribute up to $200 million, of which the Falcons probably would have to repay $50 million. Another large chunk, estimated at $100 million to $200 million by a GWC-CA-commissioned study, could be generated by the planned sale of personal seat licenses, which are one-time fees for the right to subsequently buy season tickets in a specific seat. Falcons president Rich McKay told the City Council on Wednesday that the team’s obligation would be at least $500 million after the NFL contribution and PSL sales. The team has indicated it plans to take on debt to build the stadium.

10. How much would fans be asked to pay for personal seat licenses?

The Falcons, who would set the prices, haven’t provided specifics. Recent PSL prices at other NFL stadiums have caused sticker shock among some Falcons fans: $2,000 to $150,000 depending on seat location at the Dallas Cowboys’ stadium, $1,000 to $25,000 at the New York Giants/ Jets’ stadium, and $2,000 to $80,000 at the San Francisco 49ers’ stadium now under construction. “Ours would be on a much smaller scale,” McKay told the City Council.

Russdog.... enjoy the next couple of seasons in the cheap seats of Section 309.

Everything is just conjecture at this point, but I heard (Various comments made by Rich McKay) the cheap seats will not be subject to a PSL and the prime seats will be hit with a high per-seat PSL. Everything in between will have PSLs priced accordingly. Right now there are many working-class folks in the better seats among the corporates because some are willing to scrimp and save to pay for those seats.

If the PSL structure plays out as rumored, the working class will be forced into the less expensive seats or out alltogether and the wealthy will take over the lower level. The result will be a caste system in the stadium with the rich downstairs, the middle class in the upper deck and the working class in the nosebleeds. A lot of fans who now attend the games could find themselves sitting at home listning on the radio because of the resulting blackouts.

I really hope I am wrong because I am one of those people who would not be able to afford the PSL cost of my current seats.