Osi Video - Meet Our New De

sandtrap

This video gets me pumped about who we just picked up. He really does look a lot like a younger Abe out there. One thing I noticed was his quickness off the line. Check out the 1:00 mark where he just burst across the line and gets to the quarterback. That wasn't help. That was pure speed. There's also one where he takes down Cutler using pure speed around the edge to beat his man.

I hope plays like that are indicative of his talent and not the help around him. He's not the defensive player of the year yet, even on paper, but I think he'll do well under Nolan with full time work. We still need another rotational guy. At the very least to keep everyone fresh. It would be nice to have Abe signed to a cheap deal but I know it's not likely. Hopefully everyone will be out of the race for him and we'll be doing each other a favor.

He makes Svitek look like an absolute fool while while he tackles him and Ryan both. I still have nightmares from that game being from New York.

I saw Osi coming here long before FA (didn't see Abe getting cut, but thought his cap hit was 4 not 8M)

In NY he felt underused with their DL depth

Here he could play every snap of the game if he's in condition to do so, there's no competition at the moment

He's getting a real chance to step in here and be a leader and become the face of the D

Never hurts to add a guy with SB rings who can make plays

Video got me excited. Its going to be a long slow summer waiting for Football to come back. Glad we still have the draft and enough cap to probably sign one more FA. That should get me through it. I wish the Saints would do something stupid like what came out last year. That made the off season pretty fun.

I have heard that he remained a Falcons fan all these years. Any truth to that?

I know he says he is and it makes sense for him to be. He wasn't afraid to tell Giant fans that likes Atlanta.

Video got me excited. Its going to be a long slow summer waiting for Football to come back. Glad we still have the draft and enough cap to probably sign one more FA. That should get me through it. I wish the Saints would do something stupid like what came out last year. That made the off season pretty fun.

I know he says he is and it makes sense for him to be. He wasn't afraid to tell Giant fans that likes Atlanta.

I've been a fan of Osi for many years, but unlike many I have liked...I have to admit that I haven't seen him play much. This isn't like me having seen Edwards, or others that I knew a great deal about. I have seen some snap stats, but I'm curious as to how he stacks against Abraham.

Also, this is very exciting for me...do doubt about it, but I still have some hard feelings about not seeing him and Abe together on the line. I know that this basically signals the end of that talk. I'm just curious if anyone else thinks we actually make another move on the line in the next four weeks. If so who and what position?

I've been a fan of Osi for many years, but unlike many I have liked...I have to admit that I haven't seen him play much. This isn't like me having seen Edwards, or others that I knew a great deal about. I have seen some snap stats, but I'm curious as to how he stacks against Abraham.

Also, this is very exciting for me...do doubt about it, but I still have some hard feelings about not seeing him and Abe together on the line. I know that this basically signals the end of that talk. I'm just curious if anyone else thinks we actually make another move on the line in the next four weeks. If so who and what position?

With our cap Osi's hit ain't that bad. We should have enough to sign one more FA and have plenty left for rookies. I imagine it would be after the draft though. I would still like to get Dansby.

With our cap Osi's hit ain't that bad. We should have enough to sign one more FA and have plenty left for rookies. I imagine it would be after the draft though. I would still like to get Dansby.

Yeah, I keep hearing Dansby, although I would rather Larry Grant. On the subject of Dansby, they guy is just huge. 6'4" 250lbs and nasty as all get out. Plus he has at least 4 good years left. I would very much like this move, but then there is the other curious case that I am interested in. While it has been noted that we have shown interest in Dansby, we haven't shown much interest in an OLB. Mostly because there isn't one in FA worth discussing.

Dansby, from what I know...little, seems very good in pass coverage with 9 PDEF's. He had a sack last year, but I'm really interested in his TAK total at 139. May be a good time to consider a heavy up front. Sedrick Ellis?

Agreed. Go for a big body in the draft, although not with our 1st, not enough value. I think we go bpa at CB Or LB with our first. I also like Dansby but would problem have to restructure someone to make it work. I'd like us to take a chance on Tyrann Mathieu with our fourth if he's there and possibly as early as our third depending on how the chips fall.

Agreed. Go for a big body in the draft, although not with our 1st, not enough value. I think we go bpa at CB Or LB with our first. I also like Dansby but would problem have to restructure someone to make it work. I'd like us to take a chance on Tyrann Mathieu with our fourth if he's there and possibly as early as our third depending on how the chips fall.

You're on to something when you say go for the big body in the draft. I have a feeling though. We may be getting someone virtually unknown to most of us.

Yeah, I keep hearing Dansby, although I would rather Larry Grant. On the subject of Dansby, they guy is just huge. 6'4" 250lbs and nasty as all get out. Plus he has at least 4 good years left. I would very much like this move, but then there is the other curious case that I am interested in. While it has been noted that we have shown interest in Dansby, we haven't shown much interest in an OLB. Mostly because there isn't one in FA worth discussing.

Dansby, from what I know...little, seems very good in pass coverage with 9 PDEF's. He had a sack last year, but I'm really interested in his TAK total at 139. May be a good time to consider a heavy up front. Sedrick Ellis?

Daryl Smith from Jax is an OLB worth discussing. Only 30 and prior to last season was one of the premiere 4-3 OLBs. Would really like to see him on a cheap deal.

I've been wanted Osi here since 2010 when he first started having problems with the Giants. the main thing I love about Osi, as you saw in the video; he can not only get double digit sacks but he gets turnovers. he has a knack for working his way inside & that will come in handy against mobile QBs.