Matt Ryan 13Th Highest Completion % Stat In Nfl History

JG2008

What exactly does that have to do with this thread??? Playoff record is not and will never be a QB stat . Flacco threw 1 TD and 5 int his first 5 playoff starts and went 3-2 in the postseason. Rodgers, manning, and brees are all great qbs but using your logic they arent better then flacco because they dont have as good of a postseason record.

See above.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't say anything good about ryan without someone trying to bring up his playoff record or other negative things even when they have nothing to do with the topic at hand. Its getting old....

Everyone has downfalls. I just find it ironic that we can make a thread complimenting any player but as soon as someone says something positive about our qb, its always hijacked and turned into a negative

You are forgetting a step. The OP said Ryan had 13th best comp % all time. I pointed out Pennington as the career leader, thus questioning the relevance. Joe jumped in with his thought that Pennington's numbers have no bearing as he never accomplished anything. I pointed out Ryan hasn't accomplished anything.

Can't see why you find that so hard to follow.

JG2008 is the OP. He posted the stat. That's the only post he's made in this thread. It was not a thread declaring Ryan the greatest anything. There's not the first post in this thread by anyone declaring Ryan the greatest anything. So again I don't know what your point is.

Ryan has accomplished the most 4th quarter comebacks since entering the league since 2008.

Ryan has broken Franchise records.

He has taken his team to the Playoffs 4 out of 5 .

He hasn't won it all yet but he is an accomplished Quarterback.

He is an accomplished and talented QB......no denying. When you start talking comparative stats though, it's all about the playoffs.

Why do posters feel the need to post these fluff threads? "posters like me" aren't cranking out the anti Matt Ryan threads. Do you suppose we can let the man accomplish something meaningful before declaring him GOAT or better than Peyton Manning?

Why do you feel the need to be a doosh bag in every thread about Ryan?

He is an accomplished and talented QB......no denying. When you start talking comparative stats though, it's all about the playoffs.

Again. Playoff wins are not a qb stat. A qb can be terrible and still win in the playoffs if his team picks up the slack.One of the greatest qbs ever didn't have much playoff success, but you wouldn't dare put big ben, flacco etc above him.

See post #25 to follow the discussion.

So what prompted the post I just quoted? Nothing in this thread deserved for you to make this post.

Why do posters feel the need to post these fluff threads? "posters like me" aren't cranking out the anti Matt Ryan threads. Do you suppose we can let the man accomplish something meaningful before declaring him GOAT or better than Peyton Manning?

It really does amaze me sometimes how people get so threatened by Atlanta Falcon fans being proud or happy with their QB or an accomplishment that he's made. God forbid !?! rolleyes.gif

He hasn't won a Superbowl and it's about to be year 6. We better not praise him any or it'll never happen ..... cause that's how ish works right?

People like their QB and will give him praise. If that bothers people there is always the ignore function.

I'm willing to bet that if Ryan keeps having playoff games with 400 yards passing, 3 TD, 70% completion and 9.43 YPA, that 1-4 record will change.

It's absurd to think that, right after leading a late game comeback for a win in the playoffs, that one stupid mistake means he can't win in the playoffs.

Ryan is going to be the QB here for several more years, I'm looking forward to that.

I'm willing to bet that if Ryan keeps having playoff games with 400 yards passing, 3 TD, 70% completion and 9.43 YPA, that 1-4 record will change.

It's absurd to think that, right after leading a late game comeback for a win in the playoffs, that one stupid mistake means he can't win in the playoffs.

Ryan is going to be the QB here for several more years, I'm looking forward to that.

Agreed. I thought this year was an obvious departure from years past. Against the top 2 defenses in the league, he put up yards and points. He no doubt had one boneheaded play in each game, but I'll take 400 yards and general great play with one boneheaded play every Sunday. In general, you'll win those games.

MAtt Ryan sint in the top 8 in the league. Until he can sustain playoff success for years he wont be worthy of being mention with Rodgers Brees or Flacco. Muskokas is the only one who seems to know the game.

Flacco doesn't belong in the category with brees and Rodgers. Brees and Rodgers are ELITE, flacco caught fire and played well this postseason but his season stats were on par with carson palmer. Elite qbs like Rodgers and brees aren't elite because they can play well for 4 games. They are elite because they consistently play at a high level. Eli manning and big ben are 2x sb champs and they aren't even on that level. Sb rings dont make you an elite qb

Agreed. I thought this year was an obvious departure from years past. Against the top 2 defenses in the league, he put up yards and points. He no doubt had one boneheaded play in each game, but I'll take 400 yards and general great play with one boneheaded play every Sunday. In general, you'll win those games.

Ryan really kicked his game up in the playoffs this year, considering he's always built on his previous season and gotten better, think it bodes well for the future.

So what prompted the post I just quoted? Nothing in this thread deserved for you to make this post.

This prompted it "I just find it absolutely hilarious that nobody can post anything positive about Ryan without posters like you coming in here and throwing around all the negatives about Ryan."

I, for the most part, have stayed out of these Ryan debates the past few months. As soon as I go in one and make a comment, you get all huffy. Over-compensating?