Tds Logic?

VaderMan

I dont get some of his moves at all. He gives the impression that we are in WIN now mode, as in go for it all in 2013. I assume thats why he begged TG to come back. We could have drafted a young TE and been just fine. I realize what TG means to us and Ryan and that he increases our chances of the Super Bowl.

Then you go and cut Abe. Why not just ask him to take a pay cut, much like Denver with Dumervil. Looking at Abe's farewell interview makes me think he would have agreed to stay. If Tony G gives us a great chance to get there, then so does Abe. And to me, Abe was more important than Tony G. Tony G played between to Star WRs and had a star QB. I know he is the greatest but he was just a cog in that wheel. While Abe was the man...the one and only player in the front 7 capable of consistant pressure.

Walker you let go and kept Jerry(jelly is more like it). I have to think that pride is on the line with this move. You should have admitted that you blew that pick. Now keeping him on the team is one thing, but keeping him at the expense of a proven rotational DT, with potential to start is another. Walker is a 7th rounder that produces and as I have always said obviously could match Babs numbers cause he did this last season in a reserve role. The kicker here is this...he could have been signed for very cheap and we still get the production.

Sidbury signs with the Colts for LESS than a million per year! Are effen kidding me here? I just cant believe you and the staff couldnt get him the field. You stress youth movement yet let a 6'3 260 lb DE/OLB with 4.55 speed walk out the door. This is after the previous year where he did get 4 sacks...man that would have been good for 2nd place this past year...just dont get it.

Osi- You cut Abe but will bring in another 30+ vet. He is a few years younger than Abe but not better than Abe. If this is to be our Superbowl run...and you can only make it with one of the 2, you take Abe. He is better and already knows the system and wants to be here. If you can squeeze both in...so be it...but why switch out Abe for him...of course thats if he signs with us.

Just some observations...maybe TDs master plan trumps all I just said, let us hope so.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Walker and Sidbury should be on this team...period! It burns me up knowing Sidbury signed with the Colts for less than a mill a year...AND he will be playing in the 3-4 scheme. We will be hearing his name and seeing his plays on ESPN....I think but hey we kept Jerry...lmao

Abraham is overrated by Falcon fans overall. just is. most don't want to admit that majority of his production was against the most inferior T (we moved him to take advantage) on inferior teams. against better talent Abe was far less impactful. consistently.

Abraham is overrated by Falcon fans overall. just is. most don't want to admit that majority of his production was against the most inferior T (we moved him to take advantage) on inferior teams. against better talent Abe was far less impactful. consistently.

That's the case with most pass rushers. Bad teams give up a lot more sacks than good teams.

That's some breaking news for everybody.

I am patiently waiting for it all to make sense to me. It probably will when we sign a DE for less than what we were going to pay Abe.

But I don't quite understand with some of the other depth that is still unsigned.

Same here. A week ago I thought I had a good idea of what they had in mind but with the look at Osi I'm just puzzled.

I was a little sceptical at first but TD seems to have anticipated the market perfectly, still a load of DEs available and only getting cheaper. **** we could get abe back and we would save money.

Agreed, this can work out well....as long as we get one that has something left.

How do you know he didn't ask abe to take a pay cut? If the only things happening, are what we read on twitter, then these guys are getting paid WAY to much for what they do

He probably did. He probably asked Abe to waive the roster bonus, and Abe probably said, "I'll take my chances".

So....not necessarily a bad move by Abe, but letting him go is looking like the right move.....as long as we actually replace him.

You can't just think TD makes all his decisions in a vacume. It only makes sense that Nolan has a lot of input in who he thinks will best suit what he wants to do here.

I don't think Nolan had anything to do with Abe's release. I think that was all about a 7+ million dollar cap hit, that the Falcons would have been basically committed to if Abe collected that roster bonus.

You don't get 4 playoff seasons and 5 consecutive winning seasons by fluke. TD knows what he's doing and didn't lose competency overnight.

This is the same song and dance as every off-season by impatient people who think we need to wrap up all of our FA acquisitions in one week. Here's a newsflash: We'll still be signing free agents all the way up until Week 1 of the regular season, so sit down, shut up, and let the big haired man work his magic as he's done the past 5 years.

You don't get 4 playoff seasons and 5 consecutive winning seasons by fluke. TD knows what he's doing and didn't lose competency overnight.

This is the same song and dance as every off-season by impatient people who think we need to wrap up all of our FA acquisitions in one week. Here's a newsflash: We'll still be signing free agents all the way up until Week 1 of the regular season, so sit down, shut up, and let the big haired man work his magic as he's done the past 5 years.

I'm not sweating it, I know TD has some moves to make here in the next week, but there are unlimited examples of GMs that were doing great things for 5 years all of a sudden not doing great things anymore.

You hit on a good young QB and a few more good players, and you look like a genius for a good while.

Sometimes a lot more of a genius than you are.

A few years ago people thought AJ Smith was the best GM in football. Now he is a Consultant for the Redskins.

A lot of TD's magic stems from the environment that AB has created with the team, players, facilities and much more. Players love it here, plus we're annual contenders, which definitely make TD's job easier and could possibly make him seem more magical than he is.

Everything's good as long as we're winning, so yea I agree with you. When we start losing more games than winning, then we'll see the true skill-set of TD.

Edited by Twomey

The bottom line is that until TD does something.......the only thing we have to talk about is the fact he isn't doing anything.

So all you shiney happle people cut me a little slack.

I really want to talk about what a great job he is doing.

I just need him to do something lol.

You can't just think TD makes all his decisions in a vacume. It only makes sense that Nolan has a lot of input in who he thinks will best suit what he wants to do here.

Yeah, I'm beginning to think that for this off-season the FO said: "OK Nolan. You're up. Get what you want"

The bottom line is that until TD does something.......the only thing we have to talk about is the fact he isn't doing anything.

So all you shiney happle people cut me a little slack.

I really want to talk about what a great job he is doing.

I just need him to do something lol.

Shiny happy people holding haaaaaaahaaaaands.