Grimes Could Slip Away From Falcons

Here are some numbers if you are interested

Brent Grimes in his pro bowl year earned $2.61 million in 2011 as a first round tender RFA

William Moore earned a total of $3.4 million over 4 years as he played out his rookie contract

Brent Grimes made nearly as much money in year as William Moore made in total over the span of his rookie contract...

Edited by Herr Beast

And it's not Grimes' fault people have a problem with him now looking for a payday after being a top corner in the league for 2 years

Apparently it is since nobody is banging down his door to sign him for what he thinks he's worth.

There is a reason the guy is still a FA.

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

And it's not Grimes' fault people have a problem with him now looking for a payday after being a top corner in the league for 2 years

top cornber?

lets play a game. you tell me what he has done.

I'll start.

onnly went to the pro bowl cause a CB stepped down.

only got to go to the pro bowl cause of his interceptions....not covering skills or TACKLING (something this team needs)

here let me keep going.

how many post season has he missed?

- hmmmm is that TWO??? I believe so.

How many seasons has he been injury free out of the last 6?

- ouch I only think one.

so come on sport. lets hear what you have to say?

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

Apparently it is since nobody is banging down his door to sign him for what he thinks he's worth.

There is a reason the guy is still a FA.

I heard rumors that he may not be able to pass a physical. which makes sense.

but I am unsure on that.

The dude has been injured the past few years. He is coming off of a major injury at the age of 30... his play will decline. He was a great UFA for us, and I loved him as a Falcon, but he wants more than he's worth.

Edited by falcoholic7

I'm tired of people saying Grimes is old and was only good one year. Grimes was incredible for two years and was great for a third (2011). The stats don't show it because for some reason he kept dropping all his picks in '11... but he was still better than most in coverage that year.

Grimes is one of the most aware players I've ever seen at CB. He may have missed 15 games, but the mind will still be there. What he needs to prove is himself physically.

I agree with not necessarily signing him to a multi-year deal right now. Any player with that type of injury may not be the same after that... but to not even try and to just let him go would be extremely foolish by this front office, and besides, signing a multi-year deal doesn't really mean anything these days. I mean Tony G was singed to a 2 year deal. Obviously he's not staying with us for two more years. Multi-year deals in this day and age are often used for cap effect purposes.

And if we don't sign Grimes, there isn't anyone else that can replace him. McClain isn't ready to be a full time starter and there really isn't anyone amazing in the draft.

Signing Grimes and a pass-rusher are equal priorities right now in my opinion.

I'm tired of people saying Grimes is old and was only good one year. Grimes was incredible for two years and was great for a third (2011). The stats don't show it because for some reason he kept dropping all his picks in '11... but he was still better than most in coverage that year.

Grimes is one of the most aware players I've ever seen at CB. He may have missed 15 games, but the mind will still be there. What he needs to prove is himself physically.

I agree with not necessarily signing him to a multi-year deal right now. Any player with that type of injury may not be the same after that... but to not even try and to just let him go would be extremely foolish by this front office, and besides, signing a multi-year deal doesn't really mean anything these days. I mean Tony G was singed to a 2 year deal. Obviously he's not staying with us for two more years. Multi-year deals in this day and age are often used for cap effect purposes.

And if we don't sign Grimes, there isn't anyone else that can replace him. McClain isn't ready to be a full time starter and there really isn't anyone amazing in the draft.

Sounds alot like what was said about Grimes himself.

Grimes has been in the league since 2007 and played in 43 games out of 93 possible regular season games, 20 games missed in the last 2 years due to injury. Why would anyone give him a long term contract?

He's actually missed 22 full games the last 2 years if you count the playoffs.

Edited by RubberDucky

He's actually missed 22 full games the last 2 years if you count the playoffs.

Yep, and the Giants playoff game makes it even worse since he was cleared to play.

We brought him in as an UFA and were patient with him and gave him the time and resources to become a starting quality CB. He also used team facilities and team doctors to rehab from from his various injuries. If he is not willing to show a little bit of loyalty to us after we showed ALOT of loyalty to him then him and his trashy wife can F*** off.

Most teams would have cut him after a couple of seasons.

Edited by MAD597

If we do not sign Grimes to a team friendly deal I'd be OK if he moved on at this point. In fact, if he DOES move on I hope he gets a hella good deal with the Browns and plays well over the next year. The Comp Pick we'd likely get back for the FA loss would be a good one.

Who cares..he will not put us over the top..I've lost respect for him because he got payed for nothing last year but he can't accept a minimum amount now and go from there..

Yeah, I understand making your money while you can, but the Falcons took a big risk giving himi that money last year, and they had to eat it. He should sign a contract that gives him an escape clause in the offseason in case he wants to test the market after performing another year for us.

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

what are you talking about?

his mind will still be there. it was not his mind that made him a pro bowl, it was the fact he could jump 10' in the air and get an interception (by the way that was only for one year).

people say how he is a stalker of brees; cause of the interceptions, do people even know the last time he made an interception off of brees? it not 2012 of course....but not in 2011, in fact you tell me!

and it's not just one season he got hurt. 5/6 seasons he got hurt.

- 2 of which he missed the post season (which is when you really want someone to play....you do know that tight?)

so yeah I wish people would stop trying to give him so much credit and just look at the facts.

top cornber?

lets play a game. you tell me what he has done.

I'll start.

onnly went to the pro bowl cause a CB stepped down.

only got to go to the pro bowl cause of his interceptions....not covering skills or TACKLING (something this team needs)

here let me keep going.

how many post season has he missed?

- hmmmm is that TWO??? I believe so.

How many seasons has he been injury free out of the last 6?

- ouch I only think one.

so come on sport. lets hear what you have to say?