I Feel Like Some People Don't Realize This.

This isn't Madden. We don't have to select a playbook before going into a game.

I understand the thoughts of 'moving' to a 3-4. Really, I do. What I don't get is people acting like the team would go through a massive transformation and only run out of this formation. We ran a lot of different things last year. All teams do. This is why versatile players are so useful and highly regarded around the league. Just seems like too many people think it's a black and white move and suddenly, we'll be one or the other.

Guest Dirty Bird Nation ®

I understand the thoughts of 'moving' to a 3-4. Really, I do. What I don't get is people acting like the team would go through a massive transformation and only run out of this formation. We ran a lot of different things last year. All teams do. This is why versatile players are so useful and highly regarded around the league. Just seems like too many people think it's a black and white move and suddenly, we'll be one or the other.

False, in madden you can run 3-4, and 4-3 plays as well.

I want whatever defense we ran against Peyton Manning the first half of the Broncos game in 2012, and the one that shut out NYG.

When it's time for the next play your defense lines up in some formation. ---this can change from play to play

You may put different players in different positions and you may do different things out of the formation once the snap occurs --this is when the "Hybrid" part occurs--- after the snap

OR you mayhave 1 player that an play different positions and you move him around so that the offense does not know if he is going to rush or drop back --here he is the hybrid part of the D

But BEFORE the snap they are in some formation. There are many--- some of the common ones are 4-3-4, 3-4-4, 4-2-5 etc (I'm ignoring that Aemeba crap for now)

example --putting a safety at down lineman spot does not change the formation(the before) --it most likely does change what is done AFTER the snap

It seems to me half of you are discussing BEFORE the snap and the other half are discussing AFTER the snap

Edited by delaigle

Well my opinion on the 3-4 thing is we fit much better in a 3-4 with our personal and have less holes. I think manly our Rushing OLB's mass Mathews and kroy fit much better in a 3-4 there just not big enough to effectively play DE in a 4-3 and it would also mean we wouldn't need a LB to as I believe Dent Spoon would be just fine in a 3-4 as ILB's we just need a NT Babs and Peters could get us by on the outside.

In a 4-3 right now as the roster is constructed we need a DT two DE's a LB and a Starting corner we'd just need a Starting Corner and a NT in a 3-4

When it's time for the next play your defense lines up in some formation.

You may put different players in different positions and you may do different things out of the formation once the snap occurs --this is when the "Hybrid" part occurs--- after the snap

OR you mayhave 1 player that an play different positions and you move him around so that the offense does not know if he is going to rush or drop back --here he is the hybrid part of the D

But BEFORE the snap they are in some formation. There are many--- some of the common ones are 4-3-4, 3-4-4, 4-2-5 etc (I'm ignoring that Aemeba crap for now)

--putting a safety at down lineman spot does not change the formation --it most likely does change what is done AFTER the snap

It seems to me half of you are discussing BEFORE the snap and the other half are discussing AFTER the snap

Well there still a difference in 3-4 and what we did because we'd play a 4-3 and just move our DL around at times and Stand up our DE's even dropping them at times.

But we didn't really play with 3 Down line men and two rushing OLB big difference with that alignment your OLB see much more favorable match ups like a TE or FB trying to block The OLB you better have a good secondary or an outstanding pass rush though when you play that defense or you end up like the 49ers,Texans or Pats giving up a lot of big plays

Well there still a difference in 3-4 and what we did because we'd play a 4-3 and just move our DL around at times and Stand up our DE's even dropping them at times.

But we didn't really play with 3 Down line men and two rushing OLB big difference with that alignment your OLB see much more favorable match ups like a TE or FB trying to block The OLB you better have a good secondary or an outstanding pass rush though when you play that defense or you end up like the 49ers,Texans or Pats giving up a lot of big plays

Yea I agree that they lined up in a 4-3-4 or a 4-2-5 almost all of the time

and They did many "hybrid" things out of those 2 formations. I do not remember them lining up in a 3-4-4 .

What the Hybrid people are saying is that it does not matter how they line up. JUST Keep playing the hybrids after the snap

Others are saying they NEED to line up in a 3-4-4 and not do hybrids after the snap

Edited by delaigle

Well my opinion on the 3-4 thing is we fit much better in a 3-4 with our personal and have less holes. I think manly our Rushing OLB's mass Mathews and kroy fit much better in a 3-4 there just not big enough to effectively play DE in a 4-3 and it would also mean we wouldn't need a LB to as I believe Dent Spoon would be just fine in a 3-4 as ILB's we just need a NT Babs and Peters could get us by on the outside.

In a 4-3 right now as the roster is constructed we need a DT two DE's a LB and a Starting corner we'd just need a Starting Corner and a NT in a 3-4

I agree with you on Kroy and Mass, but Mathews seems to be more effective with his hand on the ground to me.