Vance Walker Explaining Why He Left The Falcons

Would you guys have cut Babs to start Walker? That's what we would of had to do, cause Peters won't be cut.

Funny you ask, just a minute ago before I came back on to see your post I was just thinking about the question you just ask. You know,, I think Walker was one of the best bang for the buck on this team while improving every game. And I know that for years Babs has been the best over all DT we've had but I truly see a him declining more every year while I've been watching Walker going up. That is why I say this is the only thing we've done that may have been a mistake.. WE could have kept Walker at a very good price with the best is yet to come. And let Babs finish decling on the recliner cheering for the team. And I think we will draft 2 DTs in this draft, I'd say a NT and a DT that has rush ability. But Walker could have been the future with whoever we get in this draft. While Babs is almost done from what i've been seeing. So you tell me.. I usually don't question TDs moves. But on this one I think they may have made a mistake... The good news is they probably have a plan even better than we know. I just think we need to upgrade on the whole DL, And this is a great draft to do that in and thats what I think they will do. Bottom line I think they should have kept the one young DL that was improving every game to be with the new players. I'll be honest, I hope we rebuild this DL entirely now.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny you ask, just a minute ago before I came back on to see your post I was just thinking about the question you just ask. You know,, I think Walker was one of the best bang for the buck on this team while improving every game. And I know that for years Babs has been the best over all DT we've had but I truly see a him declining more every year while I've been watching Walker going up. That is why I say this is the only thing we've done that may have been a mistake.. WE could have kept Walker at a very good price with the best is yet to come. And let Babs finish decling on the recliner cheering for the team. And I think we will draft 2 DTs in this draft, I'd say a NT and a DT that has rush ability. But Walker could have been the future with whoever we get in this draft. While Babs is almost done from what i've been seeing. So you tell me.. I usually don't question TDs moves. But on this one I think they may have made a mistake... The good news is they probably have a plan even better than we know. I just think we need to upgrade on the whole DL, And this is a great draft to do that in and thats what I think they will do. Bottom line I think they should have kept the one young DL that was improving every game to be with the new players. I'll be honest, I hope we rebuild this DL entirely now.

Yeah Babs is on the decline, but it's not rapid. He's still a quality starter. Walker was better than Peters last year, but as said before Peters was recovering still. So if both healthy ill take Peters. I think you would have had to consider T Robertson vs Walker more than the others. Plus I do think we add a NT. not sure we add 2 DTs, but if we added D Jones I think he could slide to DT possibly on 3rd and longs.

So I think it just came to playing time and where would Walker fit?

I hear what you are saying, I do...but...forget the stats. Peters never made an impact on the game in 2012...ever. Can't remember even one time noticing he was out there.

Can't say the same for Walker. I saw him disrupting things at times even when he wasn't getting stats.

Our first sack vs the Niners was by Peters

Now in 2011 when he played a full season he made SEVERAL big plays including a big int of Newton.

His best season was NOT his rookie year it was his second year.

Peters was the DT in the division in 2011.

Last year sucked because he was hurt.

I was a big fan of Peter's rookie season, but I am hard pressed to remember a single play that he made or even impacted in 2013. Can't remember one.

Does anybody?

He started the seasons on the PUP list. Go check the first quarter of the SF game and you'll seee several plays he made.

Edit: did not read thread as well lol

Edited by Clark Kent™

I was a big fan of Peter's rookie season, but I am hard pressed to remember a single play that he made or even impacted in 2013. Can't remember one.

Does anybody?

Well he had plenty in 2012 which is when the most recent.season took place but if you want 2013, he had a big early sack against the 49ers in the playoffs which was in 2013.

Edit: Ive read.back.through the thread after posting and I see you've been made aware of that play and the interception that was called back on a bogus offsides. I watched that play frame by frame and Abraham was not offsides.

Being a seventh round pick put more pressure on me to produce in the position I was in because I didn't have the time that a higher draft pick would have as far as errors were concerned so if I make mistakes, I'd be out of there so that definitely pushed me to realize my potential a lot faster but as of now I realize that it's about me as a player and I know what I've capable of and I always strive to be the best so that's definitely what I'm trying to get out of life and football."

That's one of the longest sentences I've ever read.

This one is definitely a kick to the nuggets...

I like Peters alot, but i liked Vance as well. Almost equal in talent and effort.

Travian Robertson shows a ton of promise. Look forward to seeing his growth this preseason.

It appears Babs would have been the odd man out 3 years from now, but he's still got a lot left in the tank.

Hate it for Vance, but it's a matter of timing.

But yeah, it's hard to lose good talent at a tough position in this league.

The fact that Jerry is still on the roster cuts the deepest.

Peters will grow into a better player imho.