The Next Run On Fa Will Be Bennett, Osi,freeney,abraham,seymour

Another thing I don't get about people's antsiness is the fact that the possibility of Dumervil in Atlanta is very real if he's cut but he won't be cut until tomorrow if he is cut. The prices of the most recent DE signings makes us getting one a real possibility. Osi, Freeney, Bennett, Abe and even Dumervil are legit options. Add in the prices for DTs and we can add two FA DLs for a low cap hit.

Another thing I don't get about people's antsiness is the fact that the possibility of Dumervil in Atlanta is very real if he's cut but he won't be cut until tomorrow if he is cut. The prices of the most recent DE signings makes us getting one a real possibility. Osi, Freeney, Bennett, Abe and even Dumervil are legit options. Add in the prices for DTs and we can add two FA DLs for a low cap hit.

I'd trade the #30 pick for Dumervil. His contract goes down after this year. And he's a much bigger impact than any rookie is going to be.

I'd trade the #30 pick for Dumervil. His contract goes down after this year. And he's a much bigger impact than any rookie is going to be.

I wouldn't trade for him. Why give up a 1st for a player somebody is going to cut anyway? Let them cut him and give him a 5 yr $40MM deal structured like Baker's and I think that's a win.

I wouldn't trade for him. Why give up a 1st for a player somebody is going to cut anyway? Let them cut him and give him a 5 yr $40MM deal structured like Baker's and I think that's a win.

Because I think he's gonna get a raise when he leaves

Because I think he's gonna get a raise when he leaves

Not happening and a first for a player that is going to get cut anyway is bad business. He wouldn't get more than a 6th from me. You're basically paying to ensure he comes to you instead of letting him choose.

What money are signing Dumervil with??

Why don't we bring back Abe and sign Osi? I mean if we don't bring Abe back, but we get Osi, then we'll be right back where we were last year - one good pass rusher.

Just like when we signed Asante it was great, but then Grimes went down and we were right where we were the year before - only one good CB... which reminds me, Grimes is a priority! We must get them back!

Read on rotoworld that Trent Cole could be cut as well with the Eagles signing Barwin. Don't know if he'd take a pay cut to play here, but it would be awesome if he did.

Dream scenario would be signing one of those guys listed above and getting Grimes back.

Trent Cole would be awesome.

I definitely think we sign one of Abraham/Freeny/Umeniyora/Dumervil/Cole. Then double-dip and grab another pass rusher in the draft.

The thing is, we've gotten everyone fairly inexpensively, and that's without contract restructures. And we haven't signed TG. I'm pretty sure TG would gladly take less if we could bring in someone like Dumervil. He wants the SB.

Throwing something out there that made me say hmmmm

But what if TD told Gonzo that he is going after a pass rusher or CB in FA so that is why we're having this delay in officially signing Tony.

So Tony is basically giving TD some cap flexibility to sign a defensive FA before Tony and TD discuss numbers. Tony's giving TD some wiggle room and bargaining power to sign a defensive FA.

Edited by The Don™

Where is all the dumervill talk coming from? I haven't heard us linked to him

I have heard Seymour has been contacted--that'd be a huge signing and would go a long way towards helping our defense

Fans are linking us to Dumervil because he played really well when Nolan was Denver's defensive coordinator. You probably won't see any teams linked to Dumervil until/if he's cut this weekend.

What money are signing Dumervil with??

That's a formality. Ask the Saints. If you want a player, you can get him. Just look at Baker's contract.

The thing is, we've gotten everyone fairly inexpensively, and that's without contract restructures. And we haven't signed TG. I'm pretty sure TG would gladly take less if we could bring in someone like Dumervil. He wants the SB.

I'm betting SJax is about a $2MM cap hit. With every other DE getting between $5-8MM on average, we can make that work.