Pruitt ticked off the wrong people, but that isn't surprising.. Aaron Murray was dead on regarding his comments on Pruitt and his mentality and personality which is not one a head coach should have.  As I said it was an internal whistleblower.. 

This comes from an attorney who works ancillary with the UT Legal Counsel: Ashley Smith, Trey’s sister, who is essentially the VFL coordinator, is the whistleblower. JG’s dad may have played a role , but she was the credible source.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So happy to see this. Way to go, Tennessee guys!

I saw this and just had to. Sorry  

I wish $2.5-3.75 million was a low number for me. 

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

A lot of people talking about Gus Malzahn. How would that go over among the Vol base? Also, wouldn't that be something? Steele just hired and here comes Gus.

I vote Bobby Petrino. The guy is one **** of a coach, along with his other attributes. 

On 1/18/2021 at 6:50 PM, Volunteer Falcon said:

I keep thinking so, but we always find a way to reinvent it...so probably not.

I've lost track of the number of players who have entered the transfer portal, so I surely hope this at least close to rock bottom.

Details from a Vol Insider..

Talked to a friend of mine today from Knoxville. He and his family are very tied in. He gave me the Vol insider low down as most of it is in the public realm at this stage anyway. He acknowledged that there is obviously speculation, but insider Vol nation is a really small-town atmosphere where everyone knows everyone’s business. Here’s the notes I could take while talking to him. Yall know most of this I expect, but fills in some holes with interesting details. As a note, this may not be the most appropriate timeline, but you’ll get the picture.

Background Anecdote

A Vol beat writer (I’m leaving his name out) became a friend of Pruitt’s, who apparently had very few in Knoxville. A year or so back, he went to a golf tournament in Georgia with Pruitt and on the way back, Pruitt stopped at a bank to make a huge withdrawal. They and dropped it off with a contact to make direct payments throughout Georgia. Pruitt was paying these kids out of his own pocket in many instances. Beat writer obviously didn’t care too much, but was at pretty shocked at how brazen the Vols were being about. This story was told to my buddy by the writer.

Pay-for-Play

Niedermeyer and Pruitt were the ones paying players directly. Niedermeyer got sloppy and gave Brian Maurer his credit card to take recruits to a strip club. Brian got drunk and left the card there, so receipts were sent to Athletics to ensure they got paid.

News of the pay for play issues came out during TA&M week. To-oto-o and Eric Gray were told to to sit by compliance, but Pruitt said to **** with it, didn’t care about the compliance staff, and let them play. Pruitt laughed off compliance on multiple occasions apparently.

The reason the investigation happened is that Trey Smith's (OL) sister Ashley Smith, who is an Asst. AD for UT, heard a discussion between players and Niedermeyer about cash and informed a compliance officer. That officer had been getting **** on by Pruitt for not sitting players and heading warnings, so the officer went directly to Chancellor Donde instead of Pruitt or Fulmer, because Fulmer was also complicit. Donde proactively brought in the outside firm to try to mitigate the damage.

Fulmer was the confidential informant on Bama in 1995 which lead to their probation. This is why Bama has such intense disdain for Fulmer over everybody else. It's also this knowledge that lead UT to let him retire so they could pay his $1MM to keep his mouth shut.

UT has been trying to get Pruitt for cause since early in the season. They were trying to get him for not following COVID protocols, but couldn’t get anything to stick. Tee Martin leaked the investigation to the press because he hates Pruitt…context, Tee Martin was forced on Pruitt by Fulmer. Martin doesn’t actually coach, he just recruits and hangs out with players. He didn’t even show up to his first coaching meeting, and was found in his office asleep with Netflix on in the background. LOL. Pruitt hates him, and Tee hates Pruitt. Tee saw a chance to stick it to Pruitt in the public eye and did.

There have now been 50+ known major violations verified and rising.

It appears that the basketball team is in the same boat. Pratt, big Basketball booster, owns a mortgage company and is funneling money through an AAU program that Vol boosters run. This info is less reliable, but if you’re interested, track the high school kids coming to play ball in Knoxville area private schools before they go to college. The talent is ridiculous.

Heupel not gonna thrill Vol Nation. Since taking over for Frost at UCF, they have trended worse each year. 

12-1, then 10-3, then 6-5. Not exactly confidence inspiring. I guess no one of any value wants the job. I still say Petrino is a better choice. The guy knows how to win. 

On 1/23/2021 at 9:50 AM, SacFalcFan said:

Details from a Vol Insider..

Talked to a friend of mine today from Knoxville. He and his family are very tied in. He gave me the Vol insider low down as most of it is in the public realm at this stage anyway. He acknowledged that there is obviously speculation, but insider Vol nation is a really small-town atmosphere where everyone knows everyone’s business. Here’s the notes I could take while talking to him. Yall know most of this I expect, but fills in some holes with interesting details. As a note, this may not be the most appropriate timeline, but you’ll get the picture.

Background Anecdote

A Vol beat writer (I’m leaving his name out) became a friend of Pruitt’s, who apparently had very few in Knoxville. A year or so back, he went to a golf tournament in Georgia with Pruitt and on the way back, Pruitt stopped at a bank to make a huge withdrawal. They and dropped it off with a contact to make direct payments throughout Georgia. Pruitt was paying these kids out of his own pocket in many instances. Beat writer obviously didn’t care too much, but was at pretty shocked at how brazen the Vols were being about. This story was told to my buddy by the writer.

Pay-for-Play

Niedermeyer and Pruitt were the ones paying players directly. Niedermeyer got sloppy and gave Brian Maurer his credit card to take recruits to a strip club. Brian got drunk and left the card there, so receipts were sent to Athletics to ensure they got paid.

News of the pay for play issues came out during TA&M week. To-oto-o and Eric Gray were told to to sit by compliance, but Pruitt said to **** with it, didn’t care about the compliance staff, and let them play. Pruitt laughed off compliance on multiple occasions apparently.

The reason the investigation happened is that Trey Smith's (OL) sister Ashley Smith, who is an Asst. AD for UT, heard a discussion between players and Niedermeyer about cash and informed a compliance officer. That officer had been getting **** on by Pruitt for not sitting players and heading warnings, so the officer went directly to Chancellor Donde instead of Pruitt or Fulmer, because Fulmer was also complicit. Donde proactively brought in the outside firm to try to mitigate the damage.

Fulmer was the confidential informant on Bama in 1995 which lead to their probation. This is why Bama has such intense disdain for Fulmer over everybody else. It's also this knowledge that lead UT to let him retire so they could pay his $1MM to keep his mouth shut.

UT has been trying to get Pruitt for cause since early in the season. They were trying to get him for not following COVID protocols, but couldn’t get anything to stick. Tee Martin leaked the investigation to the press because he hates Pruitt…context, Tee Martin was forced on Pruitt by Fulmer. Martin doesn’t actually coach, he just recruits and hangs out with players. He didn’t even show up to his first coaching meeting, and was found in his office asleep with Netflix on in the background. LOL. Pruitt hates him, and Tee hates Pruitt. Tee saw a chance to stick it to Pruitt in the public eye and did.

There have now been 50+ known major violations verified and rising.

It appears that the basketball team is in the same boat. Pratt, big Basketball booster, owns a mortgage company and is funneling money through an AAU program that Vol boosters run. This info is less reliable, but if you’re interested, track the high school kids coming to play ball in Knoxville area private schools before they go to college. The talent is ridiculous.

It’s really pathetic when you cheat and you still s.u.c.k. 

1 hour ago, Michael Scott said:

Heupel not gonna thrill Vol Nation. Since taking over for Frost at UCF, they have trended worse each year. 

12-1, then 10-3, then 6-5. Not exactly confidence inspiring. I guess no one of any value wants the job. I still say Petrino is a better choice. The guy knows how to win. 

yep.. JH is a poor hire, but honestly no one legit wanted the vol's job period.. they were turned down by everyone DW targeted, some guys turned down millions yearly (like Franklin).  It's a toxic situation in knoxville and the job is just horrible with a depleted roster.  

Honestly, my first thought was "good hire!" Let me explain:

People said Hugh Freeze (not gonna happen), Chadwell (why would he leave for this train wreck), Fickell (would rather be at Cincy now), Eliot (Clemson OC is a better job than UT HC job right now), and others. 

Instead of going out and getting like, the Marshall OC, they got someone who has at least been a HC.

This was as good a hire as they were gonna get. 

3 hours ago, tl;dr said:

Honestly, my first thought was "good hire!" Let me explain:

People said Hugh Freeze (not gonna happen), Chadwell (why would he leave for this train wreck), Fickell (would rather be at Cincy now), Eliot (Clemson OC is a better job than UT HC job right now), and others. 

Instead of going out and getting like, the Marshall OC, they got someone who has at least been a HC.

This was as good a hire as they were gonna get. 

Your last sentence sums up how I feel about things right now.

Things around UT are probably gonna be awful for 3-4 years minimum, regardless of who the head coach is.

For what it's worth, Miami got drilled by the NCAA in the mid 1990's, but Butch Davis led them through the adversity to become a great team by 2000. Then Larry Coker won it in 2001, should've won it in 2002 before things started going downhill. Not that it'll happen here, but places have recovered from NCAA penalties.

I don't think or expect UT to win championships (not even SEC East Championships) anymore, but it'd be nice to be competitive against rival programs.

• 2 weeks later...

Being a Alabama fan of course I can't stand Phat Phil, but this really doesn't have anything to do with my distain with him, just looking at it from the outside.

Tennessee is going to be much better off now that he is out! He has had his fat fingers involved in every decision made with that program and it has gone from bad to horrible! I want Tenn to get better, I use to love a great game on the 3rd Saturday in October, still want to beat them, but would like a competitive game!

On 1/27/2021 at 5:29 PM, eddiesauto said:

Your last sentence sums up how I feel about things right now.

Things around UT are probably gonna be awful for 3-4 years minimum, regardless of who the head coach is.

For what it's worth, Miami got drilled by the NCAA in the mid 1990's, but Butch Davis led them through the adversity to become a great team by 2000. Then Larry Coker won it in 2001, should've won it in 2002 before things started going downhill. Not that it'll happen here, but places have recovered from NCAA penalties.

I don't think or expect UT to win championships (not even SEC East Championships) anymore, but it'd be nice to be competitive against rival programs.

I know my response is a month late, but that’s true. Alabama with major NCAA sanctions twice in 10 years in the 90’s and early 2000’s. It crippled the program as you know. I know we’re supposed to “hate” one another, but I’d like to see a strong Tennessee program. The 3rd Saturday in October should be a game of the year every year.