Tennessee Thread

Yeah, I'm not very pleased about how so many rejected pay cuts, especially Chaney. Surely they'll send him, along with his pay cut rejecting buddies Will Friend, Chris Weinke on their way elsewhere after this wretched season finally ends next month.

So many average fans have been struggling financially throughout the pandemic, yet football coaches making 6 to 7 figures financially refuse to give up any amount of money. They're not even coaching 12 games this season anyhow.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There's people talking on the internet, yeah, I know, that Mims recruitment is involved with this investigation. That Kirby and Pruitt possibly got in a pissing match and Tennessee has been outed in offering to pay Mims...but he signed with us.

Is Tennessee about to wreck the East just to get rid of Pruitt? Should we be worried about this or is someone just blowing smoke?

53 minutes ago, theDIRTYcode said:

There's people talking on the internet, yeah, I know, that Mims recruitment is involved with this investigation. That Kirby and Pruitt possibly got in a pissing match and Tennessee has been outed in offering to pay Mims...but he signed with us.

Is Tennessee about to wreck the East just to get rid of Pruitt? Should we be worried about this or is someone just blowing smoke?

Definitely centered around the Mims recruitment. I would be surprised if anyone else has to deal with repercussions from this outside Tennessee. 

2 hours ago, Volunteer Falcon said:

Definitely centered around the Mims recruitment. I would be surprised if anyone else has to deal with repercussions from this outside Tennessee. 

I don't believe it centered around Mims recruitment.  There were a bunch of recruits involved and the source of the complaint was internal.  The coaching staff violated level 1 and level 2 with a bunch of playets.  You had 9 people fired today.  You don't do that due to just 1 recruit.  If Pruitt had won 11 games a year I don't think blows up.  I think the administration used this to get rid of Pruitt and staff for no buyouts.  Mims was leaked, but per today's press conference and their goodbye letter to Pruitt along with the firings it is a lot bigger than 1 recruit.  A few guys close to the program tweeted out quite angrily at Pruitt for putting current and future player's eligibility in question due to the cheating behaviour.  

Time for Gruden Watch 2021! A Tennessee tradition!

But on a serious note, I wonder who will be the guy. Freeze is probably the top choice, but if you have NCAA issues, I'm not sure he's the guy you want to bring in. Napier would be an interesting hire too, because he has Louisiana relevant compared to what they normally are.

Tom Herman would be an interesting name too. Think he did a better job at Texas than given credit for and he probably was fired too soon. If you think Auburn has an issue w/ people meddling around, then let me tell you about Texas.

I say all this while fully expecting Tennessee to hire like Will Muschamp lol.  

27 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Time for Gruden Watch 2021! A Tennessee tradition!

But on a serious note, I wonder who will be the guy. Freeze is probably the top choice, but if you have NCAA issues, I'm not sure he's the guy you want to bring in. Napier would be an interesting hire too, because he has Louisiana relevant compared to what they normally are.

Tom Herman would be an interesting name too. Think he did a better job at Texas than given credit for and he probably was fired too soon. If you think Auburn has an issue w/ people meddling around, then let me tell you about Texas.

I say all this while fully expecting Tennessee to hire like Will Muschamp lol.  

I imagine they Keep Steele as the HC.  No coach in their right mind would take the Tennessee job, knowing there are going to have more NCAA issues ahead.

No chance they look at Freeze.  Waaay too much baggage.  You can’t drop one dirty coach for another.

8 hours ago, theDIRTYcode said:

All I know is y'all are nuking the whole god dam program to save $12 million. If this isnt rock bottom, I honestly am starting to feel for you guys.

Yep.  Pruitt's response was dead on IMO through his lawyers.  I said this when it was announced Tennessee signed up this group of lawyers that they are known for protecting the school while digging up dirt to be used to fire a coach with cause to avoid the buyout.. They are doing this to avoid the big buyout.  I can guarantee you if the vols were competing for nattys and sec titles this internal whistleblower would have been handled, but instead because they want to fire Pruitt with cause they went another route.  Phil Fulmer should know about cheating, he was one of the worst in his time in knoxville.   

1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

A lot of people talking about Gus Malzahn. How would that go over among the Vol base? Also, wouldn't that be something? Steele just hired and here comes Gus.

Nah, won't happen.  Peyton is not giving his blessing to Gus. He's wayyyyyyy to smart for that!