Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Volunteer Falcon

Tennessee Thread

2 minutes ago, Volunteer Falcon said:

Sure thing! Very athletic, strong, physical player. Can line up at end or linebacker depending on scheme (kind of similar to how we used Beasley). He needs to get better at getting off blocks, most sacks were him just out athleting his opposition but he has the ability to do that. Very strong at point of attack, stonewalls tackles really well. Ultimately just needs to develop some more tools to get to the QB and become more proactive then reactive. Physically he’s ready to go.

Great report - thanks.   So you are bullish on his NFL prospects as a player to be developed.

9 hours ago, Volunteer Falcon said:

Huge loss, really liked Fitz. Most likely will replace in house.

yep he is a heck of a s&c coaching.. saban went after  him hard, but pruitt was able to keep him..  not surprising though he would go back to the nfl.. 

12 hours ago, Volunteer Falcon said:

Huge past few days for the Vols in recruiting pulling in..

Terrence Lewis - 5* OLB

Dylan Brooks - 5* DE

Julian Nixon - 4* WR

Kamar Wilcoxson - 4* DB

Tiyon Evans - 3* (#1 JUCO RB)

Nice run for sure. I've heard some bad rumors about Lewis though which I hope for his sake are not true.

7 hours ago, Ransack said:

Nice run for sure. I've heard some bad rumors about Lewis though which I hope for his sake are not true.

yep very nice run.. did a good job beating out auburn and bama for brooks.  they sold playing time which was why they got him.. it will be a battle to keep him though.. regarding lewis a lot of team's passed on him regarding some off of the field concerns.  he is so freaking talented so it will be interesting to see what happened.  I really like evans at rb.  wilcoxson until he signs i would never count him as a commit.. this is what his 4th commitment.  talented kid, but oh my goodness he is flaky.  it's an interesting committed list, but whatever it looks like though they have some good momentum for sure.. 

2 hours ago, Volunteer Falcon said:

RIP Coach Majors, **** 2020 just needs a restart.

wow, we are losing coaching legends at an amazing rate right now.    Hopefully Vince Dooley won't go out of the house this year.   

10 hours ago, Volunteer Falcon said:

RIP Coach Majors, **** 2020 just needs a restart.

Agreed. RIP Coach! I talked to him briefly before the UT vs Arkansas basketball game in Knoxville earlier this year. Told him how the UT vs Arkansas Cotton Bowl in 1990 was one of the first UT games I watched. UT has a series with Pittsburgh coming up in a few years that I was really hoping he'd be a part of.

2 hours ago, eddiesauto said:

Agreed. RIP Coach! I talked to him briefly before the UT vs Arkansas basketball game in Knoxville earlier this year. Told him how the UT vs Arkansas Cotton Bowl in 1990 was one of the first UT games I watched. UT has a series with Pittsburgh coming up in a few years that I was really hoping he'd be a part of.

I bumped into him a couple of times at Long's Drug Store on game day, awesome guy!

On 6/3/2020 at 10:19 PM, Volunteer Falcon said:

I bumped into him a couple of times at Long's Drug Store on game day, awesome guy!

We definitely lost a legend recently. I first started following UT football at 7 years old (1989 season), so Majors was the first Coach that I knew about. I hate that Fulmer stabbed Majors in the back to get the job, but he was the one who finally got us a National Championship in 1998.

Seems like Johnny had heart surgery or something in 1992, Fulmer was interim coach, won big games vs Georgia & Florida, then Majors took back over then lost 3 in a row. Both of them were fired after bad losses in Columbia to the Gamecocks in election years after the same number of seasons as Head Coach.