Tennessee Thread

On 10/26/2019 at 7:47 PM, usmcdirtybird said:

This game gives you guys a shot at a bowl and if you win out at 7-5.  After the start you guys had, that is very good improvement.  Pruitt was right.  You guys are improving. (no sarcasm)  

I'm a bit nervous about UAB, although I'm not sure who they've played to get their 7-1 record so far. I'm looking forward to the rest of the season, which was surprising after the terrible start to the season. If UT can do their part to get to a Bowl, I'll at least try to go, if I can get the time off from work.

I went to Thompson Boling Arena for the men's basketball game last night. This years team isn't anywhere near as good as the previous two teams, but I do think they'll improve as the season goes on. One is the issues is the lack of consistent big man play in the paint.

As far as football goes, big win in Lexington. I'm proud of how this team didn't give up or quit. They really seem to be buying in to what Pruitt & staff are teaching them.

On 11/13/2019 at 0:15 PM, eddiesauto said:

I went to Thompson Boling Arena for the men's basketball game last night. This years team isn't anywhere near as good as the previous two teams, but I do think they'll improve as the season goes on. One is the issues is the lack of consistent big man play in the paint.

As far as football goes, big win in Lexington. I'm proud of how this team didn't give up or quit. They really seem to be buying in to what Pruitt & staff are teaching them.

It's going to be an interesting basketball year. They are fun to watch and I agree they'll improve as they go along. Not having a big man is going to hurt. I can't wait until next year, that team is going to be stacked. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Despite the weather delays, it was really nice to finally beat Vanderbilt. I'm very proud of how the team never quit, despite the terrible start. I'm looking forward to seeing which bowl selects Tennessee.

Men's basketball looks pretty good, aside from the FSU loss with too many turnovers. Lady Vols have played well too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, eddiesauto said:

I'm afraid this will be a transition year for basketball. I am confident that Coach Barnes & staff will develop the young guys to have them play at a high level in upcoming seasons though.

Losing Turner hurt a lot. I think a couple guys like Bowden are still learning their new roles. Vescovi looked good outside of the turnovers. Hopefully they can make a late run. 

1 hour ago, Volunteer Falcon said:

Losing Turner hurt a lot. I think a couple guys like Bowden are still learning their new roles. Vescovi looked good outside of the turnovers. Hopefully they can make a late run. 

yep that was huge regarding turner..  you guys are in for a tough year.  barnes though will get you guys turn around next season.. he is too good of a coach not to. 

On 1/4/2020 at 10:34 PM, SacFalcFan said:

yep that was huge regarding turner..  you guys are in for a tough year.  barnes though will get you guys turn around next season.. he is too good of a coach not to. 

I'm not to worried, just going to be one of those years unfortunately. Our class coming in is ridiculous so next year has a chance to be special. By the way thanks for beating Memphis, love seeing anyone knock off Penny. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/26/2019 at 11:12 PM, Volunteer Falcon said:

Really good win tonight, just seems like a completely different squad from a month ago. Hopefully they can pull off a few more and go bowling. 

Hey V-Falc,

can you give us the NFL scouting report on EDGE rusher Darrell Taylor?

16 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Hey V-Falc,

can you give us the NFL scouting report on EDGE rusher Darrell Taylor?

Sure thing! Very athletic, strong, physical player. Can line up at end or linebacker depending on scheme (kind of similar to how we used Beasley). He needs to get better at getting off blocks, most sacks were him just out athleting his opposition but he has the ability to do that. Very strong at point of attack, stonewalls tackles really well. Ultimately just needs to develop some more tools to get to the QB and become more proactive then reactive. Physically he’s ready to go.