• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So happy to see this. Way to go, Tennessee guys!

I saw this and just had to. Sorry  

I wish $2.5-3.75 million was a low number for me. 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Carter said:

Don’t think Auburn or Kentucky will finish ranked though. 

More than likely not, but it's definitely better than going winless in SEC play like last season.

I got back home from Neyland Stadium a little while ago. It was a bit chilly, but a great team win today. Naturally Kentucky fans said things like "enjoy your losing season" & "just wait til basketball" on their way out.

Victory Formation.jpg

USA Eagle UT UK.jpg

Edited by eddiesauto
Added pictures
3 hours ago, eddiesauto said:

I got back home from Neyland Stadium a little while ago. It was a bit chilly, but a great team win today.

Congrats on a quality win IMO. My wife's a UT grad and was happy to see how this one played out for you... even if it did tank our general strength of schedule a bit.

5 hours ago, Volunteer Falcon said:

I think Kentucky will stick around in the top 25 if they win out.

They might, but I could see them being unranked or dropping to like 24 or 25 after this loss and their last 2 games are against poor teams. No more chances to impress and a large gaggle of teams with 3 losses that are playing better. 

Not trying to rain on the parade, so to speak. Expectations were low for UT this year and there is plenty to look at as promising signs for the future. Good wins over Auburn and Kentucky included.

On 11/11/2018 at 1:34 AM, Carter said:

They might, but I could see them being unranked or dropping to like 24 or 25 after this loss and their last 2 games are against poor teams. No more chances to impress and a large gaggle of teams with 3 losses that are playing better. 

Not trying to rain on the parade, so to speak. Expectations were low for UT this year and there is plenty to look at as promising signs for the future. Good wins over Auburn and Kentucky included.

Understand completely where you’re coming from. Man if Tennessee somehow makes a bowl game they might as well go ahead and name a street after Pruitt haha.

Edited by Volunteer Falcon
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2018 at 10:19 AM, Volunteer Falcon said:

Understand completely where you’re coming from. Man if Tennessee somehow makes a bowl game they might as well go ahead and name a street after Pruitt haha.

Unfortunately that won't happen this season :( But there is men's basketball to get excited about. Even though it was a close loss, I think that playing great teams like Kansas will help out in the long run of the season. Let's especially get revenge on Auburn. I'm tired of Bruce Pearl's constant tweets about the programs at Auburn.

On 11/24/2018 at 8:16 PM, eddiesauto said:

Unfortunately that won't happen this season :( But there is men's basketball to get excited about. Even though it was a close loss, I think that playing great teams like Kansas will help out in the long run of the season. Let's especially get revenge on Auburn. I'm tired of Bruce Pearl's constant tweets about the programs at Auburn.

Crappy how the season ended, but not to shocking. The basketball team is going to be great to watch this year. Playing Kansas and Gonzaga early in the year is going to help them out tremendously for the tournament. 

9 minutes ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

I wonder if Pruitt told him to look or if the job was his before that.

Mutual parting from what I understand. Pruitt wanted to go a different direction and Helton did not want to work with him anymore. I didn’t watch much of the UT/Vandy game but was told that Helton wasn’t involved in the play calling, there was an assistant by Pruitt for every offensive play call. No idea how accurate that is.

Maybe @Volunteer Falcon can shed some light?

2 hours ago, Carter said:

Mutual parting from what I understand. Pruitt wanted to go a different direction and Helton did not want to work with him anymore. I didn’t watch much of the UT/Vandy game but was told that Helton wasn’t involved in the play calling, there was an assistant by Pruitt for every offensive play call. No idea how accurate that is.

Maybe @Volunteer Falcon can shed some light?

Helton was involved in the play calling, but Pruitt had him on a short leash after some questionable decisions throughout the year. Will Friend had a big hand in the offensive game planning as well. I don't believe that Friend is at the top of the OC hot board but I would assume he's a fall back option. It sounds like Helton wasn't a fit from the start both on a professional and personal level. Him and Pruitt clashed on some things and his family wasn't to happy in Knoxville. 

On 11/26/2018 at 10:23 AM, Volunteer Falcon said:

Crappy how the season ended, but not to shocking. The basketball team is going to be great to watch this year. Playing Kansas and Gonzaga early in the year is going to help them out tremendously for the tournament. 

I agree with everything you said. The Vanderbilt game was one of the few games I've ever just quit watching early because of how putrid the performance was. I didn't need that kind of negativity in my life.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/7/2019 at 11:59 AM, Volunteer Falcon said:

Man this basketball team is special, should be a fun ride in March! 

I'm planning on buying tix for the Arkansas game next Tuesday. So, we finally got an OC. Didn't see that coming at all, but I'll take Chaney back. Can he bring Sam Pittman back too?