25 minutes ago, m2Falcons said:

I would guess he ends up at UT regardless, but Dawg fans can always hope he comes to UGA.

I think there's a decent chance he doesn't end up at Tennessee. He grew up a huge UT fan, is a legacy, local, etc etc but the program is such a train wreck right now I'm not sure why anyone would come. If they don't make a good hire or god forbid Butch is back next year he won't be at Tennessee.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So happy to see this. Way to go, Tennessee guys!

I saw this and just had to. Sorry  

I wish $2.5-3.75 million was a low number for me. 

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, Volunteer Falcon said:

I think there's a decent chance he doesn't end up at Tennessee. He grew up a huge UT fan, is a legacy, local, etc etc but the program is such a train wreck right now I'm not sure why anyone would come. If they don't make a good hire or god forbid Butch is back next year he won't be at Tennessee.

Well, hopefully for you VOL fans the program gets turned around sooner than later...  just as long as UGA always wins the East.

1 minute ago, Carter said:

So Butch is calling recruits and telling them they should find somewhere else to go because he got fired...

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-recruiting/blog/os-sp-tanner-ingle-tennessee-buth-jones-20171112-story.html

It looks like a **** move from the outside but reality is the new staff has no obligation to honor the scholarship offer and he could get left out in the cold without an offer that he really likes.

5 minutes ago, Carter said:

So Butch is calling recruits and telling them they should find somewhere else to go because he got fired...

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-recruiting/blog/os-sp-tanner-ingle-tennessee-buth-jones-20171112-story.html

not surprised i have seen that often.. i know CMR didn't do that nor did will muschamp, but not every coach handles it that way.. coach o and lane kiffin tried to get kids who were on campus to leave campus and follow them..  coach franklin tried to and did a great job destroyed vanderbilt's class after he left for penn state..  

Not everything about the Butch Jones tenure was bad, but I'm glad to see him leave. It was obviously time for him to go. I don't feel all that bad for him because he's going to get a ton of money to not be here anymore, but I still wish the best for him in the future. It's not saying much, but at least he was better than Dooley.

47 minutes ago, eddiesauto said:

Not everything about the Butch Jones tenure was bad, but I'm glad to see him leave. It was obviously time for him to go. I don't feel all that bad for him because he's going to get a ton of money to not be here anymore, but I still wish the best for him in the future. It's not saying much, but at least he was better than Dooley.

I initially felt bad for him, you never want to see someone fail, but then I talked to some people who had been around the program and realized how big of a ***** bag he actually was. 

4 hours ago, Miller2Rison said:

The John Gruden rumors have already began....

And as someone who lives in Tennessee, it’s quite annoying.. there are actually fans that believe 100% he’s coming to UT *face palm*. For the record I would dance in the streets naked if he did and I’m not what you call “attractive” lol

4 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

And as someone who lives in Tennessee, it’s quite annoying.. there are actually fans that believe 100% he’s coming to UT *face palm*. For the record I would dance in the streets naked if he did and I’m not what you call “attractive” lol

real volnation.. it's not a question it's fact and every threat no matter the subject includes a this will happen once gruden is officially announced.. it's sad. 

On 11/12/2017 at 5:54 PM, Volunteer Falcon said:

I initially felt bad for him, you never want to see someone fail, but then I talked to some people who had been around the program and realized how big of a ***** bag he actually was. 

I felt bad for him in some ways, but that massive buyout makes me not feel bad for him. Especially since, like you say, he was a jerk.