Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Volunteer Falcon

Tennessee Thread

Brent Hubbs seems to think nothing will come of this. Texas also released a statement saying that Rick Barnes had no knowledge of any possible wrong doing. Hubbs believes that Tennessee shouldn't have anything to worry about.

I am paraphrasing a little bit, I don't want to paste directly from VQ.

this is obviously big news on vol forums.. vol's wr preston williams test score was flagged.

Tennessee freshman wide receiver Preston Williams, a former five-star prospect, is not expected to be available for the start of preseason camp after his standardized-test score recently was flagged, a source confirmed to GoVols247 on Friday.

The 6-foot-4, 180-pound Williams, who was one of the stars of the Vols' 2015 recruiting class, now will be forced to retake his standardized test. According to a tweet by WNML radio's Jimmy Hyams on Friday morning, Williams made a "significant jump" that caused his test score to be flagged by the NCAA Eligibility Center.

***** saw a volunteer fan say preston's score jumped from a 9 to a 25 so it was flagged. the key to his retake is he needs to score a 25 or higher in order to pass it if that truly was his 2nd score.

while i agree with the ncaa comment, their is a lot of reasons they will flag an act. they should have flagged it sooner that is the only complaint imo anyone should have. if it jumped too much they have legit reasons to be concerned with cheating regarding it.

I don't think he needs to get a 25 but he needs to get close to it. And no way he got a 9. I've been around plenty of "special" students and even they made at least a 14.

if they flagged his act score (which they did) he needs to score at least that score or higher. anything lower than that score would result in a failed attempt by him.

while i agree with the ncaa comment, their is a lot of reasons they will flag an act. they should have flagged it sooner that is the only complaint imo anyone should have. if it jumped too much they have legit reasons to be concerned with cheating regarding it.

That is my main issue. I understand why some things need to be looked into and I have no problem with that. But they had all summer to do something about this. The more rulings they make, the more incompetent they look.

That is my main issue. I understand why some things need to be looked into and I have no problem with that. But they had all summer to do something about this. The more rulings they make, the more incompetent they look.

Yeah their known for dragging their feet!!

Hopefully both the Williams issue gets straightened out & we get some news on Von Pearson,as well.

I've been talked into attending the Bowling Green game in Nashville. The only reason I wouldn't have gone is because I'll have an infant daughter in the next couple of weeks