Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Volunteer Falcon

Tennessee Thread

I believe all 5 commits in this incoming recruiting class have asked for their release and received it from the new vol's coach.. they need to add some talent with all that they are losing.. could be a rough year few years for the vols.

I believe we will be ok. Our recruiting class wasn't anything spectacular. Look for us to bring in a couple JUCO players as stop gaps.

maybe not spectacular, but you had some very good plays in cofer and turman.. juco guys are hit and miss. you guys might be able to get a few to assist, but you guys were a heck of a team last year and your class had some real nice players on it. it will be interesting to see how patient your fans are with the new coach.. that new car smell doesn't last very long especially when you compare all coaches to bruce pearl.

maybe not spectacular, but you had some very good plays in cofer and turman.. juco guys are hit and miss. you guys might be able to get a few to assist, but you guys were a heck of a team last year and your class had some real nice players on it. it will be interesting to see how patient your fans are with the new coach.. that new car smell doesn't last very long especially when you compare all coaches to bruce pearl.

Yeah I hope they give him a chance, a lot of our fans need to learn some patience. I liked Turman a lot, but I'm not sure if he would fit our system that we are going to.

Darius Thompson & AJ Davis.are leaving tennessee's basketball program.

Best of luck to them if they do indeed decide to leave, Tyndall already has a couple very good players in the mix to be at UT next year, I hope they sign. Also Torrance Gibson has named UT his leader, would be a huge pick up for CBJ.

Edited by Volunteer Falcon

Really hate it for Jason, the guy just wasn't panning out on the defensive front at all. He was moved to Offensive line during spring practice but wasn't a big fan of playing there. I hope he finds a good fit and develops into a good player wherever he goes.

Tennessee football posted their highest single year total APR (962) since the creation of the APR. if you remember before Jones arrived Tennessee was in danger of falling below the 930 mark and facing possible sanctions. I really hope Jones can produce some wins on the field as he is doing everything else right.

Sounds like Riley Ferguson will transfer.

Yup. From what mods on VQ have been saying he had no desire to compete for the position and was falling off in the classroom. He has all the physical tools you could want in a QB just needs to get it together between the ears.

Yup. From what mods on VQ have been saying he had no desire to compete for the position and was falling off in the classroom. He has all the physical tools you could want in a QB just needs to get it together between the ears.

sadly that was the case with Bray as well.

man tennesssee could be in for a long year. it will be interesting to see the sec predictions the closer we get to the season when we post it. it might be another tennessee or kentucky for the worst team in the east and another year without a bowl game for the vols. if i had told you back in the early 2000s that the vols would have fallen this far as a program i doubt anyone would have believed me.. it's just stunning. ferguson leaving is a big blow to the vols.. i have read a lot of offseason comments and expectations from the vol fans on a number of vol sites and they had him penciled in as a big contributor at qb and he is their most talented qb. it's good though they found out now he wasn't the guy to lead the team so that they don't waste the reps on him and can use those on other qbs.

I'm still in disbelief over how far we have fallen as a program. Hopefully CBJ can string together some top tier recruiting classes, coach em' up, and get us back to where we need to be. 2014 could be rough again but I'm expecting to see some results in 2015. Hopefully we can finish this year 6-6 and head to a bowl game.

JUCO RB Alvin Kamara

DT Quay Picou (Buford, GA)

LB Austin Smith (Buford, GA)

Have committed to the University of Tennessee!

All at positions of need too! I can't wait to see Kamara in this offense.

Edited by Volunteer Falcon