Volunteer Falcon

Tennessee Thread

1,659 posts in this topic

I remember cbs doing an arkansas game a couple years ago and a receiver caught a pass, ran like 60 yards down field and got stripped feom behind. Verne said he thought it was an incomplete pass. I've never been able to take him serious since.

actually it's pretty unprofessional by him, but who said Gary was a professional nor verne for that matter. gary acts more like a cheerleader for certain players than a serious analyst at times which is a shame because he is knowledgeable. i don't know of any other analyst who covers a game and before it publicly makes a pick of a team to win it. most professionals will not do that so that they aren't accused of being biased. however gary is a different sort who clearly has teams in a game he will openly root for to win it. i wish verne and gary were fired and get some other guys in there who know the player's names and who don't openly cheer for one team to beat another. i can only imagine the game now being broadcast, i will be listening to the radio.. lol

I know I ***** about it constantly, but I'm so sick of watching games on CBS. I can't stand Verne and Gary. I don't care who is roommates with who. Let's talk about football.

actually it's pretty unprofessional by him, but who said Gary was a professional nor verne for that matter. gary acts more like a cheerleader for certain players than a serious analyst at times which is a shame because he is knowledgeable. i don't know of any other analyst who covers a game and before it publicly makes a pick of a team to win it. most professionals will not do that so that they aren't accused of being biased. however gary is a different sort who clearly has teams in a game he will openly root for to win it. i wish verne and gary were fired and get some other guys in there who know the player's names and who don't openly cheer for one team to beat another. i can only imagine the game now being broadcast, i will be listening to the radio.. lol

So why is he picking against us versus Tennessee?? Did he pick LSU to win last week? But yeah I agree with you, analysts are supposed to be neutral, Gary just likes to add himself onto the latest bandwagon.

He's just using a little bit of reverse psychology. He's hoping by putting this out there that the Georgia players will rebound and not have a let down game against Tennessee. /sarcasm....but seriously.

i dont know, it just worries me that UTk will be breaking these out against us. It could be the perfect storm of players being hyped to wear the new unis, uga coming out flat after such an emotional win, and playing in Knoxville. Tennessee is still an SEC team that has talent on the roster.

I just hope UGA comes out and puts it together quickly. the stadium will be rocking and the players, especially the young players, need to stay composed.

this game has trap written all over it from my point of view.

Because UGA always plays awesome when they wear gimmick uniforms. Fake juice is fake juice. UGA is a much better team right now.

Because UGA always plays awesome when they wear gimmick uniforms. Fake juice is fake juice. UGA is a much better team right now.

No doubt UGA is a better team, but we did put a beat down on USCe when we wore the black uniforms a few years ago and we were definitely the underdogs in that one. Don't get me wrong, I still think we lose this game by 3 touchdowns but sometimes things like uniform changes can get a team fired up.

KGDawg710 likes this

He's just using a little bit of reverse psychology. He's hoping by putting this out there that the Georgia players will rebound and not have a let down game against Tennessee. /sarcasm....but seriously.

laugh.png

What a ****** was to lose a game like that. I couldn't be more proud of Tennessee, they fault their *** off against a much better opponent. Props to Justin Worley for stepping his game way up.

Volunteer Falcon, I for one am more than happy to get out of Knoxville with a win. With 2 mins to go, right before you guys scored your go ahead TD, i was convinced the game was over. Thankfully you guys scored with enough time for us to get to work with Murray.

Hats off to TN and all of your players, coaches and fans. Forget who was ranked who, between injuries and having to step up play after play, that was a slugfest. I saw a couple of TN players crying after the game just ended and I actually got emotional for you guys more than I got for my team winning. I got more emotional because I know what your team and players have gone through over the past 5 years and how hard that has to be for any players around for more than the past couple of years. In my opinion, this was the hardest fought, most emotionally charged game that you guys have played in about 3-4 years and I personally tip my hat to you guys for your performance. I am elated to have been able to escape with a victory, but that game could have gone either way at the end for sure.

Lets make one thing clear, in the past 15 years, the 3 powers in the SEC have been TN, UGA and UF. The past few years have found TN and USCe have switched places. I fully expect UT to switch back with USCe this next year and UGA, TN and UF be the powers again. Butch is obviously doing a great job so far and I have a ton of respect for you guys. Next year, I think fans will go back to being more worries about the TN game than the USCe game.

Good game brother. Muchas love and respect. Have a good weekend and hopefully our Falcons can go to work and give both of us something to be happy about together.

Thank you for always being a respectful and objective poster.

Dawglover

Volunteer Falcon, I for one am more than happy to get out of Knoxville with a win. With 2 mins to go, right before you guys scored your go ahead TD, i was convinced the game was over. Thankfully you guys scored with enough time for us to get to work with Murray.

Hats off to TN and all of your players, coaches and fans. Forget who was ranked who, between injuries and having to step up play after play, that was a slugfest. I saw a couple of TN players crying after the game just ended and I actually got emotional for you guys more than I got for my team winning. I got more emotional because I know what your team and players have gone through over the past 5 years and how hard that has to be for any players around for more than the past couple of years. In my opinion, this was the hardest fought, most emotionally charged game that you guys have played in about 3-4 years and I personally tip my hat to you guys for your performance. I am elated to have been able to escape with a victory, but that game could have gone either way at the end for sure.

Lets make one thing clear, in the past 15 years, the 3 powers in the SEC have been TN, UGA and UF. The past few years have found TN and USCe have switched places. I fully expect UT to switch back with USCe this next year and UGA, TN and UF be the powers again. Butch is obviously doing a great job so far and I have a ton of respect for you guys. Next year, I think fans will go back to being more worries about the TN game than the USCe game.

Good game brother. Muchas love and respect. Have a good weekend and hopefully our Falcons can go to work and give both of us something to be happy about together.

Thank you for always being a respectful and objective poster.

Dawglover

Thanks man I really appreciate that post. Best of luck to you all the rest of this season, you've definitely earned your record. You're right that was a **** slugfest. Both teams fought the entire game. I've really enjoyed being a member of this board.

Edited by Volunteer Falcon
slamee101 likes this

Hats off to both teams. This one really hurts, but I'm incredibly proud of the fight that UT gave for the entire game. Georgia fans should be proud of their guys too. Murray had a killer game tying drive. Much like Jay Barker/David Palmer & Third and Chavis rolled all into one

Hats off to both teams. This one really hurts, but I'm incredibly proud of the fight that UT gave for the entire game. Georgia fans should be proud of their guys too. Murray had a killer game tying drive. Much like Jay Barker/David Palmer & Third and Chavis rolled all into one

e

Eddie, you should be proud. That was a classic SEC matchup, regardless of who won. The same thing I said about volunteer falcon goes for you as well brother. We won yes, I an happy about that yes, but at least for the first time in 6 years or so you know that your team has heart and is on the rise. That is a lot to be excited about. We poke fun at TN as much as any other team, but fact is you guys have had a rough rub with coaches. kiffin is a *****, and unfortunately Dooley could t get it done.

Long story short(May be too late for that), I would much rather have a pivotal/rivalry game with you guys each yr deciding who wins the east than USCe, they are douchbags. I know I spelled it wrong, it was intentional so they could see it. I may hate rocky top as a so g, but not as much as that d-bag spurrier. Just hope your game for TN is a trend and not just a one off, because I can't handle spurriers drunk *** anymore. Please beat him.

btw i hear him often picking games before he announces them and that is something someone who is announcing a game should never do. my comments are more than just what he said about the ut game. that's why tim couch when he was on sec gridiron live or herbie on college gameday will not pick games they are announcing. they will give insight on the game, but due to not showing a bias they won't pick a game.

Yet today on College Gameday they let Brent Musburger go on there all dressed up in Northwestern gear.

Yet today on College Gameday they let Brent Musburger go on there all dressed up in Northwestern gear.

Yep, and repeatedly showed it while he was calling the game. Professionalism is gone.....but that implies that announcers were professional to begin with. I may be younger than most, but u can't name many game callers who aren't biased douchebags. That goes for all sports, not just college football.

Edited by Dawglover

Yep, and repeatedly showed it while he was calling the game. Professionalism is gone.....but that implies that announcers were professional to begin with. I may be younger than most, but u can't name many game callers who aren't biased douchebags. That goes for all sports, not just college football.

Unfortunately.

i think ut loses the next game just from heartache from todays game, but i think this helps out ut tremendously on the recruiting trail. this should have been the stand out win for them but they took the #6 team to ot and nearly pulled it off. a good ut team will be good for the east again

i think ut loses the next game just from heartache from todays game, but i think this helps out ut tremendously on the recruiting trail. this should have been the stand out win for them but they took the #6 team to ot and nearly pulled it off. a good ut team will be good for the east again

This was definitely a win from a recruiting stand point. The list of recruits that were there yesterday was absolutely insane. And Neyland was rocking like it hasn't in a very long time.

Edited by Volunteer Falcon

This was definitely a win from a recruiting stand point. The list of recruits that were there yesterday was absolutely insane. And Neyland was rocking like it hasn't in a very long time.

Yeah it was. There for a moment after Tennessee took the lead 31-24 it seemed like a flashback to the 90s.

thats what i was thinking while watching the game, i couldnt remember neyland rocking like that