Volunteer Falcon

Tennessee Thread

1,735 posts in this topic

Really good win tonight, just seems like a completely different squad from a month ago. Hopefully they can pull off a few more and go bowling. 

On 10/26/2019 at 7:47 PM, usmcdirtybird said:

This game gives you guys a shot at a bowl and if you win out at 7-5.  After the start you guys had, that is very good improvement.  Pruitt was right.  You guys are improving. (no sarcasm)  

I'm a bit nervous about UAB, although I'm not sure who they've played to get their 7-1 record so far. I'm looking forward to the rest of the season, which was surprising after the terrible start to the season. If UT can do their part to get to a Bowl, I'll at least try to go, if I can get the time off from work.

I just got back home from Neyland Stadium. Had fun despite the trashy women behind me. Defense played pretty well for the most part, especially forcing turnovers. J.G. #2 may play erratically at times, but there's definitely no questioning of his heart or toughness.

great way to end the year after a horrible start for the vols.. the good thing is the schedule got softer which helped, but guys not giving up is very imporant after that bad start.  

I went to Thompson Boling Arena for the men's basketball game last night. This years team isn't anywhere near as good as the previous two teams, but I do think they'll improve as the season goes on. One is the issues is the lack of consistent big man play in the paint.

As far as football goes, big win in Lexington. I'm proud of how this team didn't give up or quit. They really seem to be buying in to what Pruitt & staff are teaching them.

On 11/13/2019 at 0:15 PM, eddiesauto said:

I went to Thompson Boling Arena for the men's basketball game last night. This years team isn't anywhere near as good as the previous two teams, but I do think they'll improve as the season goes on. One is the issues is the lack of consistent big man play in the paint.

As far as football goes, big win in Lexington. I'm proud of how this team didn't give up or quit. They really seem to be buying in to what Pruitt & staff are teaching them.

It's going to be an interesting basketball year. They are fun to watch and I agree they'll improve as they go along. Not having a big man is going to hurt. I can't wait until next year, that team is going to be stacked. 

eddiesauto likes this

Despite the weather delays, it was really nice to finally beat Vanderbilt. I'm very proud of how the team never quit, despite the terrible start. I'm looking forward to seeing which bowl selects Tennessee.

Men's basketball looks pretty good, aside from the FSU loss with too many turnovers. Lady Vols have played well too.