Volunteer Falcon

Tennessee Thread

1,754 posts in this topic

On 10/26/2019 at 7:47 PM, usmcdirtybird said:

This game gives you guys a shot at a bowl and if you win out at 7-5.  After the start you guys had, that is very good improvement.  Pruitt was right.  You guys are improving. (no sarcasm)  

I'm a bit nervous about UAB, although I'm not sure who they've played to get their 7-1 record so far. I'm looking forward to the rest of the season, which was surprising after the terrible start to the season. If UT can do their part to get to a Bowl, I'll at least try to go, if I can get the time off from work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got back home from Neyland Stadium. Had fun despite the trashy women behind me. Defense played pretty well for the most part, especially forcing turnovers. J.G. #2 may play erratically at times, but there's definitely no questioning of his heart or toughness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

great way to end the year after a horrible start for the vols.. the good thing is the schedule got softer which helped, but guys not giving up is very imporant after that bad start.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went to Thompson Boling Arena for the men's basketball game last night. This years team isn't anywhere near as good as the previous two teams, but I do think they'll improve as the season goes on. One is the issues is the lack of consistent big man play in the paint.

As far as football goes, big win in Lexington. I'm proud of how this team didn't give up or quit. They really seem to be buying in to what Pruitt & staff are teaching them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/13/2019 at 0:15 PM, eddiesauto said:

I went to Thompson Boling Arena for the men's basketball game last night. This years team isn't anywhere near as good as the previous two teams, but I do think they'll improve as the season goes on. One is the issues is the lack of consistent big man play in the paint.

As far as football goes, big win in Lexington. I'm proud of how this team didn't give up or quit. They really seem to be buying in to what Pruitt & staff are teaching them.

It's going to be an interesting basketball year. They are fun to watch and I agree they'll improve as they go along. Not having a big man is going to hurt. I can't wait until next year, that team is going to be stacked. 

eddiesauto likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Despite the weather delays, it was really nice to finally beat Vanderbilt. I'm very proud of how the team never quit, despite the terrible start. I'm looking forward to seeing which bowl selects Tennessee.

Men's basketball looks pretty good, aside from the FSU loss with too many turnovers. Lady Vols have played well too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm looking forward to heading down to Jacksonville for the Gator Bowl here soon. Basketball isn't shooting well, but from what I understand, the recruiting class yesterday was great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm afraid this will be a transition year for basketball. I am confident that Coach Barnes & staff will develop the young guys to have them play at a high level in upcoming seasons though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, eddiesauto said:

I'm afraid this will be a transition year for basketball. I am confident that Coach Barnes & staff will develop the young guys to have them play at a high level in upcoming seasons though.

Losing Turner hurt a lot. I think a couple guys like Bowden are still learning their new roles. Vescovi looked good outside of the turnovers. Hopefully they can make a late run. 

eddiesauto likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Volunteer Falcon said:

Losing Turner hurt a lot. I think a couple guys like Bowden are still learning their new roles. Vescovi looked good outside of the turnovers. Hopefully they can make a late run. 

yep that was huge regarding turner..  you guys are in for a tough year.  barnes though will get you guys turn around next season.. he is too good of a coach not to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2020 at 10:34 PM, SacFalcFan said:

yep that was huge regarding turner..  you guys are in for a tough year.  barnes though will get you guys turn around next season.. he is too good of a coach not to. 

I'm not to worried, just going to be one of those years unfortunately. Our class coming in is ridiculous so next year has a chance to be special. By the way thanks for beating Memphis, love seeing anyone knock off Penny. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Wow huge news, Trey Smith has chosen to come back to Tennessee for his senior year.

Edited by Volunteer Falcon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big day for Tennessee going 2/2 landing Dee Beckwith and Malachi Wideman. Very happy with this class! Add in the Jones and Mays transfers and it is a very promising haul for the Vols.

fibonaccisquared likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, fibonaccisquared said:

Nice pickups... Also, never sad to see Mullen and the Gators taking L's on the recruiting trail.

I’m not a fan of players pulling the switcheroo during their commitment but it felt nice to not be on the bad side of that for once. 

fibonaccisquared likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/26/2019 at 11:12 PM, Volunteer Falcon said:

Really good win tonight, just seems like a completely different squad from a month ago. Hopefully they can pull off a few more and go bowling. 

Hey V-Falc,

can you give us the NFL scouting report on EDGE rusher Darrell Taylor?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tennessee's s&c is going to the nfl.  Pruitt was able to keep saban from him but not the nfl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Hey V-Falc,

can you give us the NFL scouting report on EDGE rusher Darrell Taylor?

Sure thing! Very athletic, strong, physical player. Can line up at end or linebacker depending on scheme (kind of similar to how we used Beasley). He needs to get better at getting off blocks, most sacks were him just out athleting his opposition but he has the ability to do that. Very strong at point of attack, stonewalls tackles really well. Ultimately just needs to develop some more tools to get to the QB and become more proactive then reactive. Physically he’s ready to go.

g-dawg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

Tennessee's s&c is going to the nfl.  Pruitt was able to keep saban from him but not the nfl.

Huge loss, really liked Fitz. Most likely will replace in house.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now