Volunteer Falcon

Tennessee Thread

1,732 posts in this topic

actually they will rotate who has the first pick of games.. it's not always cbs.. espn might have picked first thus getting lsu/auburn which i believe is what happened.

actually they will rotate who has the first pick of games.. it's not always cbs.. espn might have picked first thus getting lsu/auburn which i believe is what happened.

I thought CBS always had the top pick every week?

Feel bad for Couch, it was obviously the wrong thing to do but its hard to fault him when he's trying to support his child and wife as well as go to college and play football. NCAA really needs work.

the players need to get an allowance while they are at school or get some many from the NCAA for making them so much

Exactly. I had a huge argument with this dude yesterday that was saying that players get a free ride so they shouldn't get paid on top of that.

I can't wait for that barnburner haha.

Lets look on the bright side. The Defense ought to give up significantly fewer points than they did today. Plus maybe ole Driskell will give the Big Orange some good turnovers.

Lets look on the bright side. The Defense ought to give up significantly fewer points than they did today. Plus maybe ole Driskell will give the Big Orange some good turnovers.

one of the sportscasters actually said something to the effect of "I bet Tennessee cant wait to face Florida's offense next week"

eddiesauto likes this

Tennessee picks up a big time commitment from 2015 WR Preston Williams. It will be a battle to hold onto him though.

Edited by Volunteer Falcon

i dont know, it just worries me that UTk will be breaking these out against us. It could be the perfect storm of players being hyped to wear the new unis, uga coming out flat after such an emotional win, and playing in Knoxville. Tennessee is still an SEC team that has talent on the roster.

I just hope UGA comes out and puts it together quickly. the stadium will be rocking and the players, especially the young players, need to stay composed.

this game has trap written all over it from my point of view.

After Oregon demolished the Vols if Georgia and Alabama don't do the same it's gonna make the sec look bad.

i dont know, it just worries me that UTk will be breaking these out against us. It could be the perfect storm of players being hyped to wear the new unis, uga coming out flat after such an emotional win, and playing in Knoxville. Tennessee is still an SEC team that has talent on the roster.

I just hope UGA comes out and puts it together quickly. the stadium will be rocking and the players, especially the young players, need to stay composed.

this game has trap written all over it from my point of view.

If we had an adequate QB I believe we would actually be a decent football team. Unfortunately Worley has shown me nothing that makes me believe he can get the job done against any kind of SEC defense.

that's a ballsy pic. Wont happen, but ballsy

actually it's pretty unprofessional by him, but who said Gary was a professional nor verne for that matter. gary acts more like a cheerleader for certain players than a serious analyst at times which is a shame because he is knowledgeable. i don't know of any other analyst who covers a game and before it publicly makes a pick of a team to win it. most professionals will not do that so that they aren't accused of being biased. however gary is a different sort who clearly has teams in a game he will openly root for to win it. i wish verne and gary were fired and get some other guys in there who know the player's names and who don't openly cheer for one team to beat another. i can only imagine the game now being broadcast, i will be listening to the radio.. lol

To be honest I read that as just another talking head making a pick. Didn't even think about him announcing us this week. So yea

To be honest I read that as just another talking head making a pick. Didn't even think about him announcing us this week. So yea

btw i hear him often picking games before he announces them and that is something someone who is announcing a game should never do. my comments are more than just what he said about the ut game. that's why tim couch when he was on sec gridiron live or herbie on college gameday will not pick games they are announcing. they will give insight on the game, but due to not showing a bias they won't pick a game.

actually it's pretty unprofessional by him, but who said Gary was a professional nor verne for that matter. gary acts more like a cheerleader for certain players than a serious analyst at times which is a shame because he is knowledgeable. i don't know of any other analyst who covers a game and before it publicly makes a pick of a team to win it. most professionals will not do that so that they aren't accused of being biased. however gary is a different sort who clearly has teams in a game he will openly root for to win it. i wish verne and gary were fired and get some other guys in there who know the player's names and who don't openly cheer for one team to beat another. i can only imagine the game now being broadcast, i will be listening to the radio.. lol

LOL, I will never forget hearing Verne call Knile Davis "Miles Davis" repeatedly during a game. I suppose nobody bothered to even correct him, but come on. Guess he is like the Andy Rooney of sports announcing. Andy had been on 60 minutes so long that they couldn't fire him even though his bits began to make no sense whatsoever. I remember a segment called "things on my desk" where he ranted about how he hated paper clips for like 5 minutes. It was funny but sad to watch. Anyways, Verne is the new Andy Rooney. It is almost comical some of the crap that he says.

It's amazing how bad Tennessee has been with all the talent on offense they have had. If Worley would have had a better coach to develop him I think he would be a pretty good quarterback. But you look at that Oline both backs and the receivers they have. Now the defense is a different story.