Volunteer Falcon

Tennessee Thread

1,733 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Bdawg58 said:

I believe that Tennessee can thank UGA for those TV numbers lol. Glad we could help with that

I'm quite certain the Georgia fans significantly boosted the numbers. Thanks for the help in that regard.

I don't follow the tv numbers, but I'm certain they'll be drastically lower vs Mississippi State this weekend.

Bdawg58 likes this

On 9/27/2019 at 11:19 PM, MemphibianDawg said:

I'd make today's win over Mississippi State #3 win so far for Pruitt. Hopefully he'll have all 10 slots filled out by the time the season ends.

Time for the best week of the year!! The Third Saturday in October! 

Lots of Alabama alum that realize football existed before 2008 acknowledge that THIS is Alabama’s biggest rival. No team has beaten Alabama more than Tennessee. Since I was a kid, this has been my favorite game every year and there are many Alabama fans who still feel the same way.

May the best team win! Get your cigars ready! Tennessee looks better recently so let’s see what happens. 

And no Jack Daniels in my house...

BamaBirdLady likes this

19 hours ago, tl;dr said:

Time for the best week of the year!! The Third Saturday in October! 

Lots of Alabama alum that realize football existed before 2008 acknowledge that THIS is Alabama’s biggest rival. No team has beaten Alabama more than Tennessee. Since I was a kid, this has been my favorite game every year and there are many Alabama fans who still feel the same way.

May the best team win! Get your cigars ready! Tennessee looks better recently so let’s see what happens. 

And no Jack Daniels in my house...

Yessir despite the recent lopsided years this is always my favorite game of the year. Still buy a cigar every year despite having little confidence in a win, but one day I’ll get to light one up again haha.

15 minutes ago, Volunteer Falcon said:

Yessir despite the recent lopsided years this is always my favorite game of the year. Still buy a cigar every year despite having little confidence in a win, but one day I’ll get to light one up again haha.

I'm sure it will happen one day haha. A lot of younger people really don't understand how fun this rivalry is. Former Alabama players and even Saban himself have come out and said that this game is the most fun for the players. 

You don't light up cigars after beating LSU or Auburn... only Tennessee.

At the end of the year, I wouldn't be shocked if we look back at the Georgia State and BYU games and see those two as the reason y'all miss a bowl. South Carolina is the swing game and if y'all win that... y'all go bowling. 

Volunteer Falcon likes this

1 hour ago, Volunteer Falcon said:

I lost my part time job last time Tennessee won. Picked up a second job working at O'Reillys for a little extra cash. Was listening on the radio when Tenn won it. Yelled What The ****!!! Very loud in a room full of customers without even thinking about it. My very very Christian boss fired me on the spot :lol:

Volunteer Falcon likes this

Just now, LouDog said:

I lost my part time job last time Tennessee won. Picked up a second job working at O'Reillys for a little extra cash. Was listening on the radio when Tenn won it. Yelled What The ****!!! Very loud in a room full of customers without even thinking about it. My very very Christian boss fired me on the spot :lol:

Haha I remember that game well.

On 10/13/2019 at 8:08 PM, Volunteer Falcon said:

Haha I remember that game well.

It took them FOREVER to review whether the dude was in the end zone or not. Then y’all scored on the next play regardless. 

Mississippi State was a must win, so they went out there then played pretty well. I certainly don't expect a win over Alabama, but I do hope for a good performance. I was in Iraq the last time UT beat Alabama, which was an ugly win, but I had no idea it'd be the last win over those guys til who knows when.

1 hour ago, eddiesauto said:

Mississippi State was a must win, so they went out there then played pretty well. I certainly don't expect a win over Alabama, but I do hope for a good performance. I was in Iraq the last time UT beat Alabama, which was an ugly win, but I had no idea it'd be the last win over those guys til who knows when.

I still think about 2009 when the Vols would have beaten Bama except Mount Cody kept blocking their field goal attempts. Bama wouldn't have won the NC that year had that not happened.

BamaBirdLady likes this

8 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I still think about 2009 when the Vols would have beaten Bama except Mount Cody kept blocking their field goal attempts. Bama wouldn't have won the NC that year had that not happened.

OMG, what a game, I remember it well. The look on Kiffin's face was priceless. Of course we brought him into our house and loved him, but at the time, he was despised.

No one in history will be more hated than Fulmer, Bama fans will NEVER forget!

12 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

My first trip to Tuscaloosa, that was one **** of a coaching job. Started two walk ons at center and guard that year. Not to mention Crompton at QB (who Kiffin somehow salvaged). 

BamaBirdLady likes this

Whole lotta smack talk going on between UT and UA fans. Plus some with the players too. Saban came out and said every player (current and former) first gets asked "what was your record against Tennessee" and then "what was your record against Auburn?" Makes sense because Tennessee is Alabama's biggest rival... people that didn't want football before 2008 forget that (including some of our dumb fans...)

Really though, I think there is a good chance Tennessee can get to 5 wins this year (beat Vandy, UK, and UAB). Find a way to  beat South Carolina, and this team may find their way into a bowl game. Would be pretty wild if y'all finish 6-6 and were a fluke losses against Georgia State and BYU away from finishing 8-4... For real, y'all's defense is "good enough", but the offense is not. I wonder if this new kid would have beaten BYU and Georgia State. 

2 hours ago, tl;dr said:

Whole lotta smack talk going on between UT and UA fans. Plus some with the players too. Saban came out and said every player (current and former) first gets asked "what was your record against Tennessee" and then "what was your record against Auburn?" Makes sense because Tennessee is Alabama's biggest rival... people that didn't want football before 2008 forget that (including some of our dumb fans...)

Really though, I think there is a good chance Tennessee can get to 5 wins this year (beat Vandy, UK, and UAB). Find a way to  beat South Carolina, and this team may find their way into a bowl game. Would be pretty wild if y'all finish 6-6 and were a fluke losses against Georgia State and BYU away from finishing 8-4... For real, y'all's defense is "good enough", but the offense is not. I wonder if this new kid would have beaten BYU and Georgia State. 

Don't be so quick to give Tennessee a win over UAB. That's not gonna be an easy game for them.

37 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Don't be so quick to give Tennessee a win over UAB. That's not gonna be an easy game for them.

UAB could keep it close for a while, but I’m not sure how good UAB really is. They might be good, they might not be. They have played one team that has a pulse and they lost (WKU). Other than that, it’s been teams that are all could be in the bottom 10 of FBS. So hard to judge them knowing that.

Last years UAB team could have definitely given them a game, but this one isn’t quite as good. Unless UT has a Georgia State like performance, I would be pretty surprised if they lost this one 

3 minutes ago, eddiesauto said:

It's great to finally beat Will Muschamp!!

This game gives you guys a shot at a bowl and if you win out at 7-5.  After the start you guys had, that is very good improvement.  Pruitt was right.  You guys are improving. (no sarcasm)  

eddiesauto likes this

So there is a decent shot Tennessee is at least 6-6 and fluke losses against BYU and Georgia State away from being 8-4. Wow  

1 hour ago, tl;dr said:

So there is a decent shot Tennessee is at least 6-6 and fluke losses against BYU and Georgia State away from being 8-4. Wow  

It's shocking to think about.

tl;dr likes this