Volunteer Falcon

Tennessee Thread

1,735 posts in this topic

A shutout win is a plus, although it was against a very weak opponent. I'll still take it though. I expect the next two games to get ugly in a hurry at Florida, then Georgia after an open date.

9-21 at Florida (Probably a blowout loss)

10-05 vs Georgia (Probably a blowout loss)

10-12 vs Miss State (It's a potential win, but will take a great performance)

10-19 at Alabama (I'm tired of getting blown out by those guys, but it'll get ugly again this year)

10-26 vs South Carolina (Possible win, although it'd take a good performance vs Muschamp, who's had our number)

11-02 vs UAB (Should be a win, but Georgia State, BYU should've been wins too)

11-09 at Kentucky (Can UK make it 2 straight in Lexington over UT? Time will tell)

11-23 at Missouri (Don't know much about them, except that Kelly Bryant is their QB with Dooley as his OC, so the potential for bad coaching for Mizzou is definitely there)

11-30 vs Vanderbilt (Don't know a whole lot about them, aside from the fact that their QB who lit us up 3 years in a row is finally gone. Toss up)

Kickoff time vs Georgia is at 7. I was personally hoping for a Noon kickoff to get their blowout win over with earlier in the day.

Prediction: Georgia 41 Tennessee 6

2 hours ago, eddiesauto said:

Kickoff time vs Georgia is at 7. I was personally hoping for a Noon kickoff to get their blowout win over with earlier in the day.

Prediction: Georgia 41 Tennessee 6

The comments on this tweet are hilarious!

eddiesauto and SacFalcFan like this

On 9/27/2019 at 11:19 PM, MemphibianDawg said:

Looks about accurate to me.

On a side note, the game vs Mississippi State on October 12 is set for a noon kickoff.

4 hours ago, Bdawg58 said:

This video actually makes Pruitt look good to me. 

Pruitt handled it fine. The kid was acting like a jackass and told the officers “we shoot at police, I’m from Memphis” and said he should have ran cuz they would never catch him. After the cops said they wouldn’t charge him for driving with the suspended license.

Just dumb.

Bdawg58 likes this

1 hour ago, Carter said:

Pruitt handled it fine. The kid was acting like a jackass and told the officers “we shoot at police, I’m from Memphis” and said he should have ran cuz they would never catch him. After the cops said they wouldn’t charge him for driving with the suspended license.

Just dumb.

I'd like to think they'll suspend Banks, but who knows.

On 10/3/2019 at 6:48 AM, RxDawg said:

Kiss of death

That's about what I was thinking too.

One thing is lets say UT goes 3-9 this season. One could consider keeping Pruitt if it's a hard fought 3-9, but if the team has given up on him, it seems best to restart, yet again.

Tonight was a hard fought loss, but still a blowout loss. If they can keep the intensity up for all 4 qtrs like they did in the first half tonight when they play vs Miss. St., they'll stand a decent chance. We shall see. Basketball season starts on October 30th too.

16 hours ago, eddiesauto said:

That's about what I was thinking too.

One thing is lets say UT goes 3-9 this season. One could consider keeping Pruitt if it's a hard fought 3-9, but if the team has given up on him, it seems best to restart, yet again.

It’s too early to throw in the towel on JP.

According to one of my old HS coaches who played at UT and talks to Fulmer regularly, Pruitt isn’t going anywhere. He said the situation was worse than anybody outside the program even knows. The inmates ran the asylum during the Butch era and there’s a lot of “processing” going on right now to get rid of the bad apples. Pruitt will get at least 2 more seasons to try to fix it. My coach said he doesn’t know if Pruitt is the answer but he can definitely say he’s not the problem at this point 

On 10/6/2019 at 3:25 PM, Bdawg58 said:

According to one of my old HS coaches who played at UT and talks to Fulmer regularly, Pruitt isn’t going anywhere. He said the situation was worse than anybody outside the program even knows. The inmates ran the asylum during the Butch era and there’s a lot of “processing” going on right now to get rid of the bad apples. Pruitt will get at least 2 more seasons to try to fix it. My coach said he doesn’t know if Pruitt is the answer but he can definitely say he’s not the problem at this point 

I'd probably remember your coach since I've been a UT fan since 1989, when I was 7 years old.

That does make sense, especially about the inmates running things in the Butch Jones tenure. Attendance might be lousy from here on out this season, but they'll come back when things get better. Maybe he'll get us back to a Bowl game in 2020. I do like most of his interviews here on local radio, as I live in the Knoxville suburbs.

Regardless of who was Head Coach when he signed, getting Jeremy Banks off the team was a good start, in my opinion.

Bdawg58 likes this

Vol fans get to wait til nighttime for the annual beatdown by Alabama, as it's scheduled for a 9:00 Eastern Time Kickoff. I'll be in Nashville that weekend for the Predators vs Florida Panthers hockey on Saturday night, then Titans vs Chargers on Sunday afternoon.

28 minutes ago, eddiesauto said:

I'd probably remember your coach since I've been a UT fan since 1989, when I was 7 years old.

That does make sense, especially about the inmates running things in the Butch Jones tenure. Attendance might be lousy from here on out this season, but they'll come back when things get better. Maybe he'll get us back to a Bowl game in 2020. I do like most of his interviews here on local radio, as I live in the Knoxville suburbs.

Regardless of who was Head Coach when he signed, getting Jeremy Banks off the team was a good start, in my opinion.

Yeah is name is Mark Holland he played Long snapper in the early 90s 

eddiesauto likes this