Volunteer Falcon

Tennessee Thread

1,713 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, Volunteer Falcon said:

I like the way things are going. If the staff they have in place can't get it turned around I'm not sure it will ever happen. 

If you get Darnell Wright, which seems likely,  you have two potential great OTs for three years and OL should get better.  Got a good RB.   Need a better QB.

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

If you get Darnell Wright, which seems likely,  you have two potential great OTs for three years and OL should get better.  Got a good RB.   Need a better QB.

Fingers crossed on Wright. QB is a huge question mark. We have Harrison Bailey coming in 2020 which I think will be a huge upgrade but who knows if he is ready to compete as a freshman. 

2 hours ago, Volunteer Falcon said:

Fingers crossed on Wright. QB is a huge question mark. We have Harrison Bailey coming in 2020 which I think will be a huge upgrade but who knows if he is ready to compete as a freshman. 

no reason to have your fingers crossed.. his coach is making it impossible for team's not named tennessee recruit him.. it's one thing for a coach to try and encourage a kid to go somewhere, but to take over and act like a handler is ridiculous and i would say that if it helped the Dawgs.  pathetic.  harrison is an interesting thing since chaney doesn't care for him much at all.  in fact chaney passed on harrison.  tee martin btw is a good hire for recruiting, but he is a pretty poor coach.  one of the worst on the field coaches that keeps getting hired, he is right there with jancek when it comes to positional group hires.  tee martin though will help out in recruiting because chaney gives you nothing there. 

19 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

no reason to have your fingers crossed.. his coach is making it impossible for team's not named tennessee recruit him.. it's one thing for a coach to try and encourage a kid to go somewhere, but to take over and act like a handler is ridiculous and i would say that if it helped the Dawgs.  pathetic.  harrison is an interesting thing since chaney doesn't care for him much at all.  in fact chaney passed on harrison.  tee martin btw is a good hire for recruiting, but he is a pretty poor coach.  one of the worst on the field coaches that keeps getting hired, he is right there with jancek when it comes to positional group hires.  tee martin though will help out in recruiting because chaney gives you nothing there. 

Yeah Tee is going to be a help on recruiting front, although this staff is already fairly loaded with good recruiters. I am curious to see how the Harrison/Chaney relationship goes. We offered a QB out of Texas today so we'll see.

3 minutes ago, Volunteer Falcon said:

Yeah Tee is going to be a help on recruiting front, although this staff is already fairly loaded with good recruiters. I am curious to see how the Harrison/Chaney relationship goes. We offered a QB out of Texas today so we'll see.

yeah if pruitt gives chaney a choice i can see him going after other qbs and stop recruiting harrison completely.  i know a lot of staffs passed on harrison and I wonder if chaney wil do the same.  a lot depends on how much power does he have.  if pruitt thinks getting harrison helps with arik gilbert he is in for a rude awakening.. i don't see anyway arik doesn't end up in athens.  hiring of hartley helps us where we might get 2 top 6 tes this upcoming class.  

A lot of folks thought he should have played WR to begin with. If he can turn things around and find some motivation to take advantage of this opportunity at a new school I think he could be a good player.

Beyond that though I just hope he gets his life together.

Volunteer Falcon likes this

GG Tennessee hoops fans...

Hated that travel call at the end, but it's hard to complain too much when you go 8/18 from the line. Glad we were the one team who made y'all sweat a bit!!

On 1/17/2019 at 10:28 PM, Volunteer Falcon said:

Hope he can get his life together and have a solid career.

i hope so as well. he has substance issues and class issues..  i hope he cleans stuff up and ends in a good spot..  as long as ut doesn't beat us.. lol 

16 hours ago, tl;dr said:

GG Tennessee hoops fans...

Hated that travel call at the end, but it's hard to complain too much when you go 8/18 from the line. Glad we were the one team who made y'all sweat a bit!!

Man what a game. I hated that travel call too, no one wants to see a game end that way. Tennessee had no answer for Petty in the second half, that guy was killing them. 

15 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

i hope so as well. he has substance issues and class issues..  i hope he cleans stuff up and ends in a good spot..  as long as ut doesn't beat us.. lol 

Haha that’s fair!

1 hour ago, Volunteer Falcon said:

Man what a game. I hated that travel call too, no one wants to see a game end that way. Tennessee had no answer for Petty in the second half, that guy was killing them. 

It was definitely a fun game. Petty is very hot and cold, but he plays hard every night. The travel call did suck, but you lose the ability to complain about that when you go 8/18 from the line. 

Really thought UT was about to run us out of the gym early on. Wouldn't want to face y'all in March. Feel pretty certain we know who the number 1 team in the land will be come Monday

Texas A&M is up next at 8:00 on Saturday night! I'm trying to make it to a weekday game or two at Thompson Boling Arena this season. Maybe Vanderbilt and/or South Carolina in a few weeks. I'd really like to go to Senior Night, as well, to help honor the great work these young men have done.

5 hours ago, eddiesauto said:

Texas A&M is up next at 8:00 on Saturday night! I'm trying to make it to a weekday game or two at Thompson Boling Arena this season. Maybe Vanderbilt and/or South Carolina in a few weeks. I'd really like to go to Senior Night, as well, to help honor the great work these young men have done.

Nervous about the A&M game, hope they can keep it rolling. 

3 hours ago, Volunteer Falcon said:

Nervous about the A&M game, hope they can keep it rolling. 

Same here. I think the Alabama game helped wake them up quite a bit.

pruitt hires ansley.. very good hire.. it will be interesting to see if he makes him codc or not.. 

Just now, SacFalcFan said:

pruitt hires ansley.. very good hire.. it will be interesting to see if he makes him codc or not.. 

i started a separate thread on this - will erase and link article here.

https://247sports.com/college/tennessee/Article/Derrick-Ansley-Tennessee-Vols-coaching-staff-hire-Jeremy-Pruitt-128885395/

1 minute ago, SacFalcFan said:

I think he's got too, curious to see how the staff shuffling goes down. 

Just now, Volunteer Falcon said:

I think he's got too, curious to see how the staff shuffling goes down. 

i don't see how he would be able to give him the money he wanted without a codc title.. those titles often are only to allow more $$$$ due to state laws. 

I heard that the referees in Baton Rouge were terrible, but regardless of the officiating, defeating LSU would've been a great road win. I didn't see any of it on account of work though. Losing in Lexington isn't a huge shock, but hopefully that loss didn't expose UT's deficiencies too badly.

15 hours ago, eddiesauto said:

I heard that the referees in Baton Rouge were terrible, but regardless of the officiating, defeating LSU would've been a great road win. I didn't see any of it on account of work though. Losing in Lexington isn't a huge shock, but hopefully that loss didn't expose UT's deficiencies too badly.

That Kentucky game didn't surprise me at all. That was a perfect storm Tennessee walked into. The LSU game was disappointing. I think a little fatigue has set in and is causing them to make some mental errors that just weren't there earlier in the year. Hopefully they can regroup and finish out the season strong.