Volunteer Falcon

Tennessee Thread

1,710 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Volunteer Falcon said:

They should be really solid this year, I've seen some pre season polls with them in the top 5. I actually don't think there are a lot of 9:00 tips this year, maybe 2?

I may look at the schedule to see about a Vol Pass again this year. The only problem with buying from UT is how they'll bug the fire out of you to renew the next season. The downside of a Vol Pass (had a couple last season) is how they'll put you in the worst seats of T.B.A. for big games. They were $100 each for the whole season, so I guess one gets what they pay for though. But it irritated me that so many UNC, Kentucky fans got better seats than we did, even though we are pretty much season ticket holders.

3 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

guys we are just heading into week 5 of football.. it's not basketball season yet.. :)

We might have started talking basketball before Kentucky this year. Mainly because their football program looks really good right now, unlike Tennessee. I'm hoping for significant improvement in play week by week, even though most will likely be losses.

2 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

guys we are just heading into week 5 of football.. it's not basketball season yet.. :)

I just need some kind of positivity in my sports life lol

3 hours ago, Volunteer Falcon said:

I just need some kind of positivity in my sports life lol

i know the feeling remember I lived through the ray goff UGA years.. talk about painful..  

10 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

i know the feeling remember I lived through the ray goff UGA years.. talk about painful..  

I was in Athens for Goff and Donnan. Ray used to drive to Macon to watch Lombard play single a and try to get him to come to uga 

Edited by Turkeydawg
95Dawg likes this

33 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

I was in Athens for Goff and Donnan. Ray used to drive to Macon to watch Lombard play single a and try to get him to come to uga 

I would have loved to see what lombard looked like as a dawg..  so much freaking talent.

13 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

Was at UGA 91-95. 

One word for you new pups that don’t remeber

BRUTUAL!

Goff never should’ve been a HC at UGA. 

17 minutes ago, 95Dawg said:

Was at UGA 91-95. 

One word for you new pups that don’t remeber

BRUTUAL!

Goff never should’ve been a HC at UGA. 

yep.. i was there a few years after and it was so brutal.. very good word to use.. it was horrible with both uf and ut kicking our tails every year.  

2 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

I would have loved to see what lombard looked like as a dawg..  so much freaking talent.

Me too. Still looks like he could suit up. Saw him when the Dodgers were in town to play the Braves a few weeks back.

13 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

Haha it's all cyclical, Tennessee will be back someday, I just think it's a lot further down the road then a lot of Tennessee fans want to believe. 

55 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

yep.. i was there a few years after and it was so brutal.. very good word to use.. it was horrible with both uf and ut kicking our tails every year.  

Yep I was in Sanford for the UF blood bath when OBC asked what the record was so he could set a new record

It sounded like there were some positives, despite it being a 26 point loss in Athens. This is random on my part, but I'm glad that Pruitt doesn't waste timeouts or throw the ball deep at the end of out of hand games. I noticed that in our equally lopsided blowout loss to West Virginia week one.

On 9/25/2018 at 0:06 PM, Volunteer Falcon said:

Haha it's all cyclical, Tennessee will be back someday, I just think it's a lot further down the road then a lot of Tennessee fans want to believe. 

Personally, I'm willing to give Pruitt time to change the culture, then get things back where they need to be. Baby steps though: win a conference game this season. Go to a bowl game next season. Beat someone we shouldn't in season three, etc. This is  lame, but it's where our Vols are at right now.

20 minutes ago, eddiesauto said:

Personally, I'm willing to give Pruitt time to change the culture, then get things back where they need to be. Baby steps though: win a conference game this season. Go to a bowl game next season. Beat someone we shouldn't in season three, etc. This is  lame, but it's where our Vols are at right now.

Yeah I agree, baby steps, eventually you’ll get where you want to be it will just take some time. Pruitt has to get this loser mentality out of the program, a lot of juniors and seniors don’t have the mind set or poise to win.

eddiesauto likes this

On 9/29/2018 at 7:25 PM, Volunteer Falcon said:

Yeah I agree, baby steps, eventually you’ll get where you want to be it will just take some time. Pruitt has to get this loser mentality out of the program, a lot of juniors and seniors don’t have the mind set or poise to win.

A couple good steps were taken yesterday: Win an SEC game, beat someone that they're not supposed to beat. I'm sure Alabama will blow out Tennessee, but games like South Carolina, Kentucky & Missouri seem much more winnable now after yesterday's performance.

Volunteer Falcon likes this

1 hour ago, Volunteer Falcon said:

Blood clots have returned for Trey Smith and he is out indefinitely, feel terrible for the guy.

Yikes and in his lungs, that’s so dangerous... I hate to hear that. Hope he will be ok. I had a blood clot scare recently but was very thankful the doctors ruled out clots. Hope they’re able to deal with it and he returns healthy.

2 hours ago, Carter said:

Yikes and in his lungs, that’s so dangerous... I hate to hear that. Hope he will be ok. I had a blood clot scare recently but was very thankful the doctors ruled out clots. Hope they’re able to deal with it and he returns healthy.

Glad you’re ok! He’s been off blood thinners for ~3 months and they’ve already returned, I won’t be shocked if his playing days are over. 

On 10/25/2018 at 1:53 PM, Carter said:

Glad you're ok!! I hate it for Trey Smith too. Not only is he a great player, far and away the best o-lineman on the team, but he seems to be a good young man with solid leadership skills. Whether he's ever able to play football again or not, here's hoping he makes a full recovery!

Man one **** of a job by Pruitt this year. Two wins over top 25 teams with this roster is pretty remarkable.

Edited by Volunteer Falcon

17 minutes ago, Volunteer Falcon said:

Man one **** of a job by Pruitt this year. Two wins over top 25 teams with this roster is pretty remarkable.

Don’t think Auburn or Kentucky will finish ranked though.