Volunteer Falcon

Tennessee Thread

1,633 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

kirkland isn't transferring.. if he can stay healthy that's a big plus. 

That's good news, if he doesn't get injured, like you say.

On 6/20/2018 at 9:02 PM, Volunteer Falcon said:

John Ward has passed. There won’t ever be another one like him, that guy was truly the Voice of the Vols.

I met him a couple times. Great person. My favorite call (aside from his last: The National Champion is clad in Big Orange!) was the Bill Duff play at the goal line on Eddie George vs Ohio State in the 1996 Citrus Bowl.

Volunteer Falcon likes this

23 hours ago, eddiesauto said:

I met him a couple times. Great person. My favorite call (aside from his last: The National Champion is clad in Big Orange!) was the Bill Duff play at the goal line on Eddie George vs Ohio State in the 1996 Citrus Bowl.

My one interaction with him was great, really nice guy. I'm with you on favorite call, that one is timeless. My second is the Miracle at South Bend call. Pandemonium Reigns is great too. 

Edited by Volunteer Falcon
eddiesauto likes this

Season starts 2 months from today in Charlotte vs West Virginia. I don't have high expectations for that game, but am looking forward to hopefully watching the team get better week by week.

I bought tickets to the game in Auburn. 5 rows up in the end zone. I figure they'll beat Tennessee handily, but it's unlikely I'll ever get the opportunity to go back there.

Falconsfan567 likes this

3 hours ago, eddiesauto said:

Season starts 2 months from today in Charlotte vs West Virginia. I don't have high expectations for that game, but am looking forward to hopefully watching the team get better week by week.

I bought tickets to the game in Auburn. 5 rows up in the end zone. I figure they'll beat Tennessee handily, but it's unlikely I'll ever get the opportunity to go back there.

It's Tennessee's first trip to Auburn since 2008 when Fulmer was still coaching. Who knew then it would be the last Fulmer vs. Tuberville matchup ever?

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

It's Tennessee's first trip to Auburn since 2008 when Fulmer was still coaching. Who knew then it would be the last Fulmer vs. Tuberville matchup ever?

The year of the Clawfense at Tennessee lol. I remember that game. It was pretty boring as Auburn won 14-12. Jonathan Crompton & Arian Foster ran into each other in the end zone, which caused a fumble that Auburn scored a TD on. Two excellent coaches whose coaching careers flamed out in 2008. I'm glad to have Fulmer back as AD though.

18 hours ago, eddiesauto said:

The year of the Clawfense at Tennessee lol. I remember that game. It was pretty boring as Auburn won 14-12. Jonathan Crompton & Arian Foster ran into each other in the end zone, which caused a fumble that Auburn scored a TD on. Two excellent coaches whose coaching careers flamed out in 2008. I'm glad to have Fulmer back as AD though.

Very boring game. Auburn won that game and was like 4-0 or 5-1 or something like that and then the season went to heIl. Auburn's QB was Chris Todd and was trying to play while recovering from shoulder surgery and couldn't throw the ball more than 20 yards down field.

eddiesauto likes this

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 6:19 PM, eddiesauto said:

Quick question for you about Tennessee's ticket allocation:

I was a student at Alabama in 2014 and got a student ticket to the UT game. I thought it was going to be way in the upper deck, but we were 2 rows behind the Alabama bench. Any idea why they give the opposing school those tickets? Just thought it was odd they would give them to opposing school students. 

8 hours ago, tl;dr said:

Quick question for you about Tennessee's ticket allocation:

I was a student at Alabama in 2014 and got a student ticket to the UT game. I thought it was going to be way in the upper deck, but we were 2 rows behind the Alabama bench. Any idea why they give the opposing school those tickets? Just thought it was odd they would give them to opposing school students. 

I'm not sure. I've never been a football season ticket holder, so I'm not sure how it works. Sounds like it worked out well for you though. That's pretty awesome that you got to sit 2 rows behind the bench. Things may have changed since then with Fulmer as AD. I've been checking regularly to see when single game tickets go on sale. I'm wanting to have some Army friends from Alabama come up for the game this year.

5 hours ago, eddiesauto said:

I'm not sure. I've never been a football season ticket holder, so I'm not sure how it works. Sounds like it worked out well for you though. That's pretty awesome that you got to sit 2 rows behind the bench. Things may have changed since then with Fulmer as AD. I've been checking regularly to see when single game tickets go on sale. I'm wanting to have some Army friends from Alabama come up for the game this year.

Would be fun! Alabama/Tennessee is always a fun game to watch, and especially so these past few years. 

I still remember that 06 game and how y'all punched the final TD in from like the inch line...

7 hours ago, tl;dr said:

Would be fun! Alabama/Tennessee is always a fun game to watch, and especially so these past few years. 

I still remember that 06 game and how y'all punched the final TD in from like the inch line...

I met them less than 2 weeks after the 2009 Terrence Cody play, so they gave me a hard time about it haha. I remember the 06 game as well. One of the few times that Arian Foster didn't fumble in a clutch situation. Both teams played really well defensively that game. Not as well as the 6-3 game in Tuscaloosa in 2005, when Cory Anderson fumbled into the end zone, but still really solid Defense.

1 hour ago, eddiesauto said:

I met them less than 2 weeks after the 2009 Terrence Cody play, so they gave me a hard time about it haha. I remember the 06 game as well. One of the few times that Arian Foster didn't fumble in a clutch situation. Both teams played really well defensively that game. Not as well as the 6-3 game in Tuscaloosa in 2005, when Cory Anderson fumbled into the end zone, but still really solid Defense.

2005 was fun, but man was it an ugly game lol. Game should have been 10-3, but he fumbled and it's like Alabama woke up...

The Terrence Cody game was awesome for me lol. I'm not sure I've ever seen the same guy block two kicks in pretty much the exact same way in the same game.

If after 2006 you would have told me Alabama would have won 11 straight vs Tennessee and only had 2 of them that were even close, I wouldn't have believed you. I think a lot of the newer Alabama fans don't really know how great the rivalry is because it's been so one-sided recently. I grew up watching Tennessee pretty much beat Alabama every year lol

The 09 game was my first trip to Tuscaloosa. That was an entertaining game although pretty gut wrenching to watch Terrence Cody demolish our FG unit twice. I had a great time with all the Bama fans, one guy smarted off to me on the way out after the game but for the most part everyone was really welcoming. 

I find it amazing that UT is having a hard time recruiting its own state this year. At least according to 247, it looks like UT will only land 1 out of the top 10 in Tennessee this year (only 2 or 3 from the top 20).

16 minutes ago, LawDawg said:

I find it amazing that UT is having a hard time recruiting its own state this year. At least according to 247, it looks like UT will only land 1 out of the top 10 in Tennessee this year (only 2 or 3 from the top 20).

THAT's gonna' leave a mark!