Volunteer Falcon

Tennessee Thread

1,658 posts in this topic

I enjoy watching the games on TV, but it's awful hard for me to pass up going to a game. I can't wait to go to Oregon this year. We'll more than likely get our tails kicked but I've heard that stadium is a unique experience. Plus I've never been to that part of the country so that should be nice as well.

I know a couple of people going out to the Oregon & Missouri games this year. I'm sure I'll change my mind & go to more than one home game lol.

Sac, definitely come on up for the game! Don't bother renting a hotel room, just stay at my place about 15 mins from campus. ZZ sections are pretty good. Good view of jumbotron, plus chairback, if I am not mistaken

2014 Tennessee Football Schedule

Aug. 30 Utah State Knoxville

Sept. 6 Arkansas State Knoxville

Sept. 13 at Oklahoma Norman, Okla.

Sept. 20 OPEN

Sept. 27 at Georgia * Athens, Ga.

Oct. 4 Florida * Knoxville

Oct. 11 Chattanooga Knoxville

Oct. 18 at Ole Miss * Oxford, Miss.

Oct. 25 Alabama * Knoxville

Nov. 1 at South Carolina * Columbia, SC

Nov. 8 OPEN

Nov. 15 Kentucky * Knoxville

Nov. 22 Missouri * Knoxville

Nov. 29 at Vanderbilt * Nashville

I think this is the first time playing against Florida and Georgia in back to back weeks since 1995. Vanderbilt hasn't been the last regular season game since 2000. It'll also be different an opponent (Missouri) between the Vanderbilt and Kentucky games. Change of scheduling isn't necessarily a bad thing though

Justin Worley named the starting QB for Game 1.

Until they give me reason to doubt their decision making, I will trust Butch Jones & staff. Darick did some good stuff in Buffalo, but I'm not sure if anybody else will give him a shot

5* RB Jalen Hurd tore his labrum in last weekends game and has chosen to undergo surgery and miss his senior year.

I heard about that on the radio. Think he'll be able to fully recover? I won't listen to am 990 until Sports Talk comes on. Doc, Jeff & Heather are dreadful, but Sports 180 is almost as bad. I generally listen to the Erik Ainge show on am 1180 in the mornings

I heard about that on the radio. Think he'll be able to fully recover? I won't listen to am 990 until Sports Talk comes on. Doc, Jeff & Heather are dreadful, but Sports 180 is almost as bad. I generally listen to the Erik Ainge show on am 1180 in the mornings

TSR (1180) is by far the best sports radio around here. The show that comes on from 9-11 on 990 isn't to terrible. I think Hurd will be fine. Evidentally he could of continued to play this season but chose to go ahead and get the surgery over with.

eddiesauto likes this

I loved the fact that last night's game was a shutout, plus the fact that UT had no penalties called against them. That being said, UT can't overlook Western KY next weekend. I predict a 34-24 win. Butch Jones & staff don't seem to take much of anything as a "guaranteed" win, so I think that attitude will pass on to the players.

I loved the fact that last night's game was a shutout, plus the fact that UT had no penalties called against them. That being said, UT can't overlook Western KY next weekend. I predict a 34-24 win. Butch Jones & staff don't seem to take much of anything as a "guaranteed" win, so I think that attitude will pass on to the players.

Ya, no penalties was very impressive, the team played with a lot of poise and energy. I certainly hope they don't over look WKU, that is a very loseable game. I think this coaching staff will have them geared up and ready to go.

eddiesauto likes this

Nice win today. A coach that can make adjustments...almost forgot what that felt like.

Although I fully expect a beatdown at the hands of Oregon next week, I am almost certain that Butch Jones won't make any excuses about youth or anything like Dooley did.

Volunteer Falcon likes this

the Florida-Tennessee game got picked up by CBS for 3:30, dont wanna watch 2 terrible offenses play each other

Are you serious? So they picked that game over Auburn @ LSU? Doesn't seem to make since to me because if Auburn beats Miss State this weekend (which they have a really good chance at doing) that could get Auburn back into the top 25 and you would have 2 undefeated teams squaring off.

Are you serious? So they picked that game over Auburn @ LSU? Doesn't seem to make since to me because if Auburn beats Miss State this weekend (which they have a really good chance at doing) that could get Auburn back into the top 25 and you would have 2 undefeated teams squaring off.

yeah the auburn @ lsu would be better than the current selection. the ut-uf game should have been a 7pm game or worst on espn u