Volunteer Falcon

Tennessee Thread

1,733 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I read this about 10 times and I'm still stunned.

Sunned at what? That he thinks that Pruitt is more dangerous? or that he sells life insurance at Morgan Stanley?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LawDawg said:

Sunned at what? That he thinks that Pruitt is more dangerous? or that he sells life insurance at Morgan Stanley?

That he thinks Pruitt is more dangerous than Kirby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/7/2018 at 4:30 PM, LawDawg said:

John Parker Wilson said he'd be more scared of Pruitt at Tennessee than Kirby at Georgia. John Parker Wilson now tries to sell life insurance at Morgan Stanley. Football never worked out for John Parker Wilson. Poor John Parker Wilson.

 

I'll believe it when I see it, in terms of Pruitt being more dangerous at UT than Smart at UGA. I'm going to give Pruitt the benefit of the doubt, although I just don't see him leading UT to the National Championship Game in year 2 of his tenure then bringing in multiple very high recruiting classes. If he does, then great, but I just don't see anything better than 6-6 regular season this year. Honestly I think that 4-8 is more likely than 6-6. Not trying to be a "Nega-Vol" or whatever they call negative posters on VolNation, but Butch Jones left the program in shambles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 9:16 AM, LawDawg said:

Sunned at what? That he thinks that Pruitt is more dangerous? or that he sells life insurance at Morgan Stanley?

 

 

JPW was at Hoover when Pruitt was at Hoover and then at Alabama when Pruitt was at Alabama.

I would read into this more as someone sticking up for a long time mentor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, eddiesauto said:

 

I'll believe it when I see it, in terms of Pruitt being more dangerous at UT than Smart at UGA. I'm going to give Pruitt the benefit of the doubt, although I just don't see him leading UT to the National Championship Game in year 2 of his tenure then bringing in multiple very high recruiting classes. If he does, then great, but I just don't see anything better than 6-6 regular season this year. Honestly I think that 4-8 is more likely than 6-6. Not trying to be a "Nega-Vol" or whatever they call negative posters on VolNation, but Butch Jones left the program in shambles.

You never really know for sure. Malzahn took a 3-9 Auburn team and had them moments away from winning the national title the next year. Of course now there are several people who want Malzahn gone, but that's not the point lol.

This year could be tough. A very rough draw from the West with Auburn on the road and a West Virginia team that could contend for the playoff. I see 4 wins that I would feel pretty good about (3 OCC minus WVU and Vandy). Then who knows with UK and Missouri. I would probably go 5-7 right now, but you never know

SacFalcFan and eddiesauto like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tl;dr said:

JPW was at Hoover when Pruitt was at Hoover and then at Alabama when Pruitt was at Alabama.

I would read into this more as someone sticking up for a long time mentor. 

bingo.  jpw is just supporting a coach he knew and is friends with..  i question why he was even interviewed.  it sounds like it was a homer "reporter" who wanted some good press for the vols and pruitt so he posted that stupid article. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tl;dr said:

You never really know for sure. Malzahn took a 3-9 Auburn team and had them moments away from winning the national title the next year. Of course now there are several people who want Malzahn gone, but that's not the point lol.

This year could be tough. A very rough draw from the West with Auburn on the road and a West Virginia team that could contend for the playoff. I see 4 wins that I would feel pretty good about (3 OCC minus WVU and Vandy). Then who knows with UK and Missouri. I would probably go 5-7 right now, but you never know

i think the vol's go 4-8 right now.  they could go 5-7 as you predicted, but they have a lot of holes and have a tough schedule.  right now they have 3 easy cupcake wins and then i can see them beating kentucky for that 4th win.. vandy could be the 5th, but that has turned into a tossup game yearly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

bingo.  jpw is just supporting a coach he knew and is friends with..  i question why he was even interviewed.  it sounds like it was a homer "reporter" who wanted some good press for the vols and pruitt so he posted that stupid article. 

It was someone on the local radio, don't remember who though. I can't blame JPW for sticking up for his guy. That's what you want friends to do

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

i think the vol's go 4-8 right now.  they could go 5-7 as you predicted, but they have a lot of holes and have a tough schedule.  right now they have 3 easy cupcake wins and then i can see them beating kentucky for that 4th win.. vandy could be the 5th, but that has turned into a tossup game yearly. 

I guess I'm not a believer in Vandy lol. I think they'll get Vandy and UK. I would be surprised if they beat anyone else in the East and their West schedule is just brutal. If they can get to 6-6, it should be considered a VERY successful season

eddiesauto likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

I guess I'm not a believer in Vandy lol. I think they'll get Vandy and UK. I would be surprised if they beat anyone else in the East and their West schedule is just brutal. If they can get to 6-6, it should be considered a VERY successful season

Agreed, 6-6 would be a great season in 2018. The biggest thing I'm hoping for is to see a better team with player development increase each week. West Virginia, Alabama, Georgia & Auburn will probably blow us out, but crazier things have happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, eddiesauto said:

Agreed, 6-6 would be a great season in 2018. The biggest thing I'm hoping for is to see a better team with player development increase each week. West Virginia, Alabama, Georgia & Auburn will probably blow us out, but crazier things have happened.

Those 4 teams are on a short list of teams that can make the playoff though, so that's not too shabby. 

South Carolina, Missouri, and Florida are all likely losses, but winning one of those wouldn't be just absolutely shocking

eddiesauto likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Those 4 teams are on a short list of teams that can make the playoff though, so that's not too shabby. 

South Carolina, Missouri, and Florida are all likely losses, but winning one of those wouldn't be just absolutely shocking

Might take South Carolina a while to get their offense figured out without Hayden Hurst.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, tl;dr said:

It was someone on the local radio, don't remember who though. I can't blame JPW for sticking up for his guy. That's what you want friends to do

i don't blame jpw.. he is just supporting his buddy, but i think the reporter must be someone who posts on volnation.  all i have seen over there is that kirby will never beat pruitt and they are dead serious.. lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, tl;dr said:

I guess I'm not a believer in Vandy lol. I think they'll get Vandy and UK. I would be surprised if they beat anyone else in the East and their West schedule is just brutal. If they can get to 6-6, it should be considered a VERY successful season

i am not a believer in vandy either, but right now they have really taken it to the vols.. they have won 4 out of the last 6 and 2 in a row.  they haven't been close to tennessee in talent and found a way to not only win, but they have blown them out or had double digit wins.  i know vol fans on some boards are pretty confident they will be able to compete with the bamas and ugas of the world, but right now they need to figure out how to beat kentucky and vandy.  with the talent tennessee has i don't believe .500 is a great season..  i believe a 7-5 (i know just 1 more game) would be a great first season.  they have plenty of holes, but butch jones did recruit plenty of talent.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is some talent, but there are a lot of deficiencies especially on the offensive line. 6-6 is the goal, I won't be shocked if we end up a game short.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

i don't blame jpw.. he is just supporting his buddy, but i think the reporter must be someone who posts on volnation.  all i have seen over there is that kirby will never beat pruitt and they are dead serious.. lol 

I get being a homer, but that is so far fetched lol.

Pruitt is inheriting a 4-8 team and Kirby's team is coming off being a few plays away from winning the natty. Plus the game is in Athens lol. Don't see UT beating UGA until 2020 in the best case scenario

eddiesauto likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2018 at 11:36 PM, tl;dr said:

Those 4 teams are on a short list of teams that can make the playoff though, so that's not too shabby. 

South Carolina, Missouri, and Florida are all likely losses, but winning one of those wouldn't be just absolutely shocking

I particularly want to shut down Missouri's Offense since Derek Dooley is now their Offensive Coordinator. It'd be quite embarrassing for his offense to put up a lot of points on us, especially in Neyland this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2018 at 9:58 PM, tl;dr said:

I get being a homer, but that is so far fetched lol.

Pruitt is inheriting a 4-8 team and Kirby's team is coming off being a few plays away from winning the natty. Plus the game is in Athens lol. Don't see UT beating UGA until 2020 in the best case scenario

 

Not only did UT finish 4-8 last season, but they should have been 2-10 had Paul Johnson not decided to go for two in Overtime in Mercedes Benz Stadium Week One, but had UMass not lost their starting QB, they likely would've won in Neyland.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, eddiesauto said:

I particularly want to shut down Missouri's Offense since Derek Dooley is now their Offensive Coordinator. It'd be quite embarrassing for his offense to put up a lot of points on us, especially in Neyland this year.

Completely forgot he was there. They do have a good QB so you never know. They come to Tuscaloosa this year, so we will get a front row seat down here too

eddiesauto likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, eddiesauto said:

 

Not only did UT finish 4-8 last season, but they should have been 2-10 had Paul Johnson not decided to go for two in Overtime in Mercedes Benz Stadium Week One, but had UMass not lost their starting QB, they likely would've won in Neyland.

That UMass game was a total disaster. That was the first sign that Butch needed to go

eddiesauto likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, eddiesauto said:

 

Not only did UT finish 4-8 last season, but they should have been 2-10 had Paul Johnson not decided to go for two in Overtime in Mercedes Benz Stadium Week One, but had UMass not lost their starting QB, they likely would've won in Neyland.

yeah it was a tough year for sure.  umass is a team some will laugh at, but they have been a tough out and even beat a few teams they were not expected to..  that coach up there is doing a heck of a job.  you guys are going to be fine with Pruitt.  He is going to build the vol's into a competitive team in a few years.  it should be fun to see kirby/pruitt games.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now