Volunteer Falcon

Tennessee Thread

1,742 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, eddiesauto said:

Understandable. I'd go, if not for the Denver trip. I'm debating on going to Charlotte for West Virginia, as well as the game at Auburn.

I thought about making the trip to Charlotte. Our daughter was born a month ago so getting out of the house this season may be a challenge haha. 

6 minutes ago, Volunteer Falcon said:

I thought about making the trip to Charlotte. Our daughter was born a month ago so getting out of the house this season may be a challenge haha. 

Congrats!! 

Teach her to love the Dawgs!! :ninja:

Carter and Volunteer Falcon like this

15 hours ago, Volunteer Falcon said:

Congratulations! I understand totally, as my daughter turns 3 in August. I don't plan on any games in Knoxville this season, even though I live pretty close by to there. I look forward to the day that I can take my daughter to a game at Neyland, but it'll probably be a few years out. 

Volunteer Falcon likes this

4 hours ago, eddiesauto said:

Congratulations! I understand totally, as my daughter turns 3 in August. I don't plan on any games in Knoxville this season, even though I live pretty close by to there. I look forward to the day that I can take my daughter to a game at Neyland, but it'll probably be a few years out. 

Thank you sir! My son just turned 2. Can't wait to take them both to a game. It's going to be hard to convince him to be a UT fan living in Georgia haha. 

eddiesauto likes this

34 minutes ago, Volunteer Falcon said:

Thank you sir! My son just turned 2. Can't wait to take them both to a game. It's going to be hard to convince him to be a UT fan living in Georgia haha. 

il_340x270.656895235_849m.jpg?version=0

Red and black looks great on kids.. LOL :)

On 4/21/2018 at 3:14 PM, Volunteer Falcon said:

Man it feels good to see Tennessee lining up in traditional pro sets again.

Despite the lack of wins I think Tennessee will have this season, I'm looking forward to traditional things happening again. Especially no more cliches or catch phrases. No excuses anymore

Volunteer Falcon likes this

On 4/21/2018 at 4:22 PM, Falconsfan567 said:

I wish I could say the same about Auburn.

How expensive is a typical ticked to Jordan-Hare? I'm thinking of going in October when UT plays down there.

Falconsfan567 likes this

3 hours ago, eddiesauto said:

How expensive is a typical ticked to Jordan-Hare? I'm thinking of going in October when UT plays down there.

I couldn't tell you. I've never been to a game.

eddiesauto likes this

On 5/3/2018 at 0:03 PM, eddiesauto said:

UT fires Beverly Davenport

The turmoil on Rocky Top continues. Another Chancellor fired. 

"The coaching search was not the only reason..."

Yeah... Fulmer is probably the only reason. I don't follow UT athletics enough to say whether or not Currie was just so inept to deserve termination after only 8 months, but it was obvious that Fulmer orchestrated the whole coaching search fiasco by leaking it all out to the media. Fat Phil always was a snake.

On 4/17/2018 at 2:29 PM, Volunteer Falcon said:

She's a Georgian so it's going to be an uphill battle for me, especially if the win/loss records keep going like they are.

Nobody looks good in Orange.

the President fires the lady chancellor due to "her poor communication skills".. then gives her a job as a professor teaching communications.. hahaha

42 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

the President fires the lady chancellor due to "her poor communication skills".. then gives her a job as a professor teaching communications.. hahaha

423f0f6699a70d6f1ce51d9698c6cd6d.gif

22 hours ago, Carter said:

"The coaching search was not the only reason..."

Yeah... Fulmer is probably the only reason. I don't follow UT athletics enough to say whether or not Currie was just so inept to deserve termination after only 8 months, but it was obvious that Fulmer orchestrated the whole coaching search fiasco by leaking it all out to the media. Fat Phil always was a snake.

There's a very good chance that Davenport p*ssed off the Haslam's. Plus the good ole boy system at UT might have not been ready for a female Chancellor. She was better than Jimmy Cheek, who was given so many chances, but Davenport wasn't, which isn't fair. I like Fulmer, but yes, he's a snake. He gets what he wants by throwing others under the bus.

itsjustafleshwound likes this

3 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

It's embarrassing to be a UT fan these days because of foolish decisions like that. I live in the Knoxville suburbs, so I need to get a job at UT then get a buyout. I heard on the radio that UT's paying $24 million in buyouts, starting with the Fulmer firing in 2008. I get so frustrated with the incompetence.

On 5/5/2018 at 5:55 PM, eddiesauto said:

It's embarrassing to be a UT fan these days because of foolish decisions like that. I live in the Knoxville suburbs, so I need to get a job at UT then get a buyout. I heard on the radio that UT's paying $24 million in buyouts, starting with the Fulmer firing in 2008. I get so frustrated with the incompetence.

If you do, could you pay my student loans?

14 hours ago, itsjustafleshwound said:

If you do, could you pay my student loans?

I'm a nice guy, but not that nice lol. On a side note, Butch Jones got over $8 million to not work for UT anymore. He has no excuses to not help you out. 

John Parker Wilson said he'd be more scared of Pruitt at Tennessee than Kirby at Georgia. John Parker Wilson now tries to sell life insurance at Morgan Stanley. Football never worked out for John Parker Wilson. Poor John Parker Wilson.

Carter and SacFalcFan like this

On 5/7/2018 at 3:30 PM, LawDawg said:

John Parker Wilson said he'd be more scared of Pruitt at Tennessee than Kirby at Georgia. John Parker Wilson now tries to sell life insurance at Morgan Stanley. Football never worked out for John Parker Wilson. Poor John Parker Wilson.

I read this about 10 times and I'm still stunned.