Volunteer Falcon

Tennessee Thread

1,735 posts in this topic

On 12/10/2017 at 1:47 PM, SacFalcFan said:

I think Pruitt is one of the worst hires.  we have thread ranking the sec hires so everyone please add to that and some reasoning for your views on it.. would be interesting to hear about that.  how a guy does as a head coach is hard to predict based on his work as a coordinator, but we know Pruitt is a hot head, like muschamp, but muschamp had a reputation as a good DC for 10 years.  Pruitt has had 3 different jobs as DC in 5 years.  he hasn't stayed anywhere long enough to build anything because as soon as people see who he is in a very short time they don't want any part of him.  there were unfavorable stories about him from his time at fsu as well as georgia when we was at those places (they didn't just pop up after he left).  as a head coach he needs to be everything he hasn't been or shown his entire time as a coach and unlike his DC stops he doesn't step into a great situation full of very talented players.  if he is still head coach in year 6 i will be surprised.  i just don't see him changing who he is.  the one positive for him we all know fulmer will give him all of the $$$$ he needs to get players based on fulmer's history when he was head coach at tennessee.  the bad thing for fulmer he doesn't have his buddy as SEC Commish who will protect him like roy kramer did.  

 

I'm going to give Pruitt the benefit of the doubt. You're definitely right about him bouncing from job to job regularly. I've liked what I've heard from him in interviews & such, but still don't know a lot about him. One thing for sure is that I've got more faith in Pruitt than I did in Schiano. This team will be lucky to get 6 wins & a bowl trip next season regardless of who the head coach is. 

2018 Football Schedule

Sept. 1 -- vs. West Virginia (Charlotte)
Sept. 8 -- ETSU
Sept. 15 -- UTEP
Sept. 22 -- FLORIDA
Sept. 29 -- at Georgia
Oct. 6 -- Open Date
Oct. 13 -- at Auburn
Oct. 20 -- ALABAMA
Oct. 27 -- at South Carolina
Nov. 3 -- CHARLOTTE
Nov. 10 -- KENTUCKY
Nov. 17 -- MISSOURI
Nov. 24 -- at Vanderbilt

SacFalcFan likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, eddiesauto said:

I'm going to give Pruitt the benefit of the doubt. You're definitely right about him bouncing from job to job regularly. I've liked what I've heard from him in interviews & such, but still don't know a lot about him. One thing for sure is that I've got more faith in Pruitt than I did in Schiano. This team will be lucky to get 6 wins & a bowl trip next season regardless of who the head coach is. 

2018 Football Schedule

Sept. 1 -- vs. West Virginia (Charlotte)
Sept. 8 -- ETSU
Sept. 15 -- UTEP
Sept. 22 -- FLORIDA
Sept. 29 -- at Georgia
Oct. 6 -- Open Date
Oct. 13 -- at Auburn
Oct. 20 -- ALABAMA
Oct. 27 -- at South Carolina
Nov. 3 -- CHARLOTTE
Nov. 10 -- KENTUCKY
Nov. 17 -- MISSOURI
Nov. 24 -- at Vanderbilt

I see 6-7 wins in there. 

Etsu

utep

charlottle

kentucky

missouri

vandy

maybe even West Virginia. 

eddiesauto likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, joefalco said:

I see 6-7 wins in there. 

Etsu

utep

charlottle

kentucky

missouri

vandy

maybe even West Virginia. 

I don't see them scoring enough to keep up with West Virginia's offense. Definitely doesn't look good for a bowl game for the Vols next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, eddiesauto said:

I'm going to give Pruitt the benefit of the doubt. You're definitely right about him bouncing from job to job regularly. I've liked what I've heard from him in interviews & such, but still don't know a lot about him. One thing for sure is that I've got more faith in Pruitt than I did in Schiano. This team will be lucky to get 6 wins & a bowl trip next season regardless of who the head coach is. 

2018 Football Schedule

Sept. 1 -- vs. West Virginia (Charlotte)
Sept. 8 -- ETSU
Sept. 15 -- UTEP
Sept. 22 -- FLORIDA
Sept. 29 -- at Georgia
Oct. 6 -- Open Date
Oct. 13 -- at Auburn
Oct. 20 -- ALABAMA
Oct. 27 -- at South Carolina
Nov. 3 -- CHARLOTTE
Nov. 10 -- KENTUCKY
Nov. 17 -- MISSOURI
Nov. 24 -- at Vanderbilt

as a vol fan I understand.  there is no other way to take the hire other than to hope for the best, but that was just my view of pruitt and i know a lot about him from fsu and when he was at UGA.  I thought schiano was a bad hire and a bad fit for Tennessee so at least he is better than him.  we will see how good he is in the next 5 years.  next year's schedule I see a loss to wvu, florida, Georgia, auburn, Alabama, south Carolina, and Missouri.  you guys may have an upset in you against Missouri or florida to get bowl eligible, but it's going to be tough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

as a vol fan I understand.  there is no other way to take the hire other than to hope for the best, but that was just my view of pruitt and i know a lot about him from fsu and when he was at UGA.  I thought schiano was a bad hire and a bad fit for Tennessee so at least he is better than him.  we will see how good he is in the next 5 years.  next year's schedule I see a loss to wvu, florida, Georgia, auburn, Alabama, south Carolina, and Missouri.  you guys may have an upset in you against Missouri or florida to get bowl eligible, but it's going to be tough. 

Mizzou will be a bit of a question mark if Lock leaves... and you almost have to think he does with Heupel leaving for UCF... Would be surprising to see him stick around for a new incoming OC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Carter said:

Don’t say we didn’t warn you lol.... Pruitt is a jackass.

p9GsiCj.gif

Well its on the internet so it must be true but it is a curious account.   So Pruitt, some other coaches AND Fulmer showed up at Mays high school?   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, frankly88 said:

Well its on the internet so it must be true but it is a curious account.   So Pruitt, some other coaches AND Fulmer showed up at Mays high school?   

This isn’t the only example. 

https://www.seccountry.com/tennessee/watch-tennessee-football-vols-tampa-jeremy-pruitt-phillip-fulmer-michael-penix?utm_campaign=SF_Carvell_AJC&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social

It has barely been a week...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, frankly88 said:

What is Fulmer's official position?  Is he actually the AD?

Yes he staged a coup on Currie and is now the AD at Tennessee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Volunteer Falcon said:

Cade Mays "story" is crap. I was kind of shocked they didn't want Penix. 

I’m not gonna sit here and tell you it’s completely true, but I will tell you it won’t be the last time you see stuff like that. Pruitt has an ego, a mouth he can’t seem to control and has proven to be toxic if not held in check. He doesn’t have a head coach anymore that protects their players and staff from media like Jimbo, Richt, or Saban. He is the head coach now... under an AD that loves to blow people up in the media when it suits him.

The story may be crap, I don’t know, but it is entirely believable.

And I guess you could say Penix got the shaft. :ninja:

MemphibianDawg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Carter said:

I’m not gonna sit here and tell you it’s completely true, but I will tell you it won’t be the last time you see stuff like that. Pruitt has an ego, a mouth he can’t seem to control and has proven to be toxic if not held in check. He doesn’t have a head coach anymore that protects their players and staff from media like Jimbo, Richt, or Saban. He is the head coach now... under an AD that loves to blow people up in the media when it suits him.

The story may be crap, I don’t know, but it is entirely believable.

And I guess you could say Penix got the shaft. :ninja:

Haha ya I won’t be surprised to see things like that pop up given the personalities involved, I just know in this particular situation it’s fabricated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Carter said:

I’m not gonna sit here and tell you it’s completely true, but I will tell you it won’t be the last time you see stuff like that. Pruitt has an ego, a mouth he can’t seem to control and has proven to be toxic if not held in check. He doesn’t have a head coach anymore that protects their players and staff from media like Jimbo, Richt, or Saban. He is the head coach now... under an AD that loves to blow people up in the media when it suits him.

The story may be crap, I don’t know, but it is entirely believable.

And I guess you could say Penix got the shaft. :ninja:

All of that may or may not be true but there has to be a reason a lot of people that know a lot about football keep hiring him.  And one thing for certain that Pruitt knows how to do is recruit and relate to players. That's why I find this story not believable at all . 

Volunteer Falcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, frankly88 said:

All of that may or may not be true but there has to be a reason a lot of people that know a lot about football keep hiring him.  And one thing for certain that Pruitt knows how to do is recruit and relate to players. That's why I find this story not believable at all . 

Well I don’t think anything I say is gonna change some people’s minds about him. Pruitt is a good recruiter, but he’s not Kirby in any sense and I think a lot of people have talked themselves into believing he is. His ability to recruit is a separate matter from what makes this believable even if it isn’t true. He has a long track record of acting this way. What happened with him and Mark Richt at Richt’s home, for one example, was not a fabricated story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Carter said:

Well I don’t think anything I say is gonna change some people’s minds about him. Pruitt is a good recruiter, but he’s not Kirby in any sense and I think a lot of people have talked themselves into believing he is. His ability to recruit is a separate matter from what makes this believable even if it isn’t true. He has a long track record of acting this way. What happened with him and Mark Richt at Richt’s home, for one example, was not a fabricated story.

anyone who knows anything about Pruitt wouldn't for a second question that story.  Pruitt is who he is and as you said he no longer has a head coach trying to keep him in check, now he is on his own and it's going to be so hilarious reading the crap that he does on the recruiting trail now as the head man.. lol  i think it might rival lane kiffin's stuff and that would be very tough to do.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, fibonaccisquared said:

I'm very confused right now... :lol: I got quoted from one thread into another one... Either way... you're welcome.

this stuff's confusing man.. yeah that was crazy.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now