Volunteer Falcon

Tennessee Thread

1,633 posts in this topic

Just doesn't look like Tennessee.

Not like modern Tennessee that's for sure. The uniforms were roughly based off our 1914 jerseys. Not a lot of people know, but the color is actually one of the main colors on our palette.

UTcolors_zpsa8b2e7b1.jpg?t=1376661314

I actually like the white helmet with the grey. There's been a lot of talk these will be the unis we wear for the UGA game.

I figured it'll be against them or South Carolina. I liked the black uniforms vs South Carolina in 2009 better than these ones, although I do like the dark gray. UT's gray is much better than Oklahoma State's gray. I'm not too excited about the new orange or the new white uniforms though

I don't really like the grey with the white helmet, should have made an alternate helmet to go with the uni.

i think the grey jerseys just don't look very good, but i like them more than their all orange jerseys.. the all orange is just horrible. at least with the grey jerseys you have some orange, but it's not the dominate color. i know vol fans will say orange is great because their teams wears it, but it's one of the worst colors in any jersey out there especially when the entire jersey is orange. i like auburn's jerseys when they have some orange in it, but dark blue is their dominate color. as VF said i believe they will roll out their jerseys for the Georgia game to give them some juice they will need when facing us.

Not sure why but I kind of like those gray jerseys. If you have to have Orange, and you obviously do, that gray tones it down.

Not sure why but I kind of like those gray jerseys. If you have to have Orange, and you obviously do, that gray tones it down.

yep it's better than the all orange.. it tones it down a lot and makes it easier on the eyes.. lol

Around 40k fans showed up tonight for the open practice, really nice to see.

that's nice. you have to hope they keep showing up all year even if you guys have a tough season. there is always a lot of hope before the season starts, but they need to show patience this year even if things aren't going the vols way this season.

Really good pull for Coach Martin. I'm expecting big things from the basketball team this year.

you should.. i see what could be a huge year for the vols in basketball..

Tennessee's gonna get what they want this yr? Apparently that would be a close up on a pair of flaring nostrils! That was hilarious!

Tennessee's gonna get what they want this yr? Apparently that would be a close up on a pair of flaring nostrils! That was hilarious!

i am happy the vol fan didn't swear so i could have posted it.. the flaring nostrils were hilarious..

okay this is hilarious.. i like it he doesn't cuss so i can post this, but that's it the ducks are losing to the vols.. those nostrils says it all.. LOL

https://youtube.goog...m/v/HvsFir3IHYE

haha that's some good stuff! I expect us to win 6 or 7 games and hopefully win the Music City Bowl or some equivalent.

Edited by Volunteer Falcon

Really good pull for Coach Martin. I'm expecting big things from the basketball team this year.

Same here. I'm a season ticket holder for basketball. I only plan on going to the Vanderbilt football game this year. Tickets to Georgia & South Carolina are pretty expensive, plus I prefer watching the more crowded games on tv.

that's nice. you have to hope they keep showing up all year even if you guys have a tough season. there is always a lot of hope before the season starts, but they need to show patience this year even if things aren't going the vols way this season.

Most Vol fans that I talk to about the season expect 6-7 wins this season. I'm thinking the same thing. I expect the team to improve from week to week, despite probably losing at least 5 games. I never thought I'd be so concerned about Vanderbilt though. I expect UT to beat those guys though. Being a late season home game should help UT's cause

Same here. I'm a season ticket holder for basketball. I only plan on going to the Vanderbilt football game this year. Tickets to Georgia & South Carolina are pretty expensive, plus I prefer watching the more crowded games on tv.

I enjoy watching the games on TV, but it's awful hard for me to pass up going to a game. I can't wait to go to Oregon this year. We'll more than likely get our tails kicked but I've heard that stadium is a unique experience. Plus I've never been to that part of the country so that should be nice as well.

eddiesauto likes this

Most Vol fans that I talk to about the season expect 6-7 wins this season. I'm thinking the same thing. I expect the team to improve from week to week, despite probably losing at least 5 games. I never thought I'd be so concerned about Vanderbilt though. I expect UT to beat those guys though. Being a late season home game should help UT's cause

cool when do I come up for the georgia game? LOLOL jk

hey guys we are thinking of coming up for the game in knoxville. i have been looking in zz15 or zz13, how is the view up there?

hey guys we are thinking of coming up for the game in knoxville. i have been looking in zz15 or zz13, how is the view up there?

The upper deck on that side of the stadium is where my Dad's season tickets are located (XX4). They are by far my favorite seats in the entire stadium. If you get a row high enough you have your own individual seat instead of bleachers and are covered in case of rain. Plus you have a view of the scoreboard. I would go with section zz13 over zz15 though as you may have your view partially blocked by box seats.

2014 Tennessee Football Schedule

Aug. 30 Utah State Knoxville

Sept. 6 Arkansas State Knoxville

Sept. 13 at Oklahoma Norman, Okla.

Sept. 20 OPEN

Sept. 27 at Georgia * Athens, Ga.

Oct. 4 Florida * Knoxville

Oct. 11 Chattanooga Knoxville

Oct. 18 at Ole Miss * Oxford, Miss.

Oct. 25 Alabama * Knoxville

Nov. 1 at South Carolina * Columbia, SC

Nov. 8 OPEN

Nov. 15 Kentucky * Knoxville

Nov. 22 Missouri * Knoxville

Nov. 29 at Vanderbilt * Nashville

Edited by Volunteer Falcon
eddiesauto likes this

Sept. 20 OPEN

Nov. 8 OPEN

Nov. 15 Kentucky * Knoxville

Nov. 22 Missouri * Knoxville

Nov. 29 at Vanderbilt * Nashville

Rough stretch of games from 9/13 - 10/4!!!

Sept. 20 OPEN

Nov. 8 OPEN