Volunteer Falcon

Tennessee Thread

1,713 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

they lost to wyoming after the announcement that fulmer was going to be fired at the end of the season I believe.  they had won 5 games and then 9 and 9 before another bad start to the season.  some people don't realize how impt cutcliffe was to fulmer.

No kidding.. thought that was evident after being brought back the second time

9 hours ago, The_Voice_of_Reason said:

I am not being a **** you are wrong if you think so.  Just an opinion that I thought it was a mistake but apparently most other posters disagree with me. (that what message boards are for right) I in general think that most schools have gotten crazy with this firing coaches thing.  It would be nice to see a program stick with a guy for once.  Like VT.  Sorry you have gotten soft on Tennessee but most people hate them and their ignorant fans.  If my opinion offends you then I'm sorry.

Every team has ignorant fans. UGA has plenty.

Having an opinion is fine. Taking over a thread with irrelevant trash about Fulmer  when Butch continues to struggle is being a **** about it. Especially since these UT guys here are super cool.

Don't be sorry for me. You know nothing about me, champ.

3 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

the staff change was necessary, but your leadership really did a very poor job as you said above.  the question is will butch jones lose the boosters like fulmer did and they remove him or will he get more time.  you guys can win out and still get to 9-3, but with the preseason you know it's going to look worst than it might actually be.  

Yeah 9-3 is nothing to be happy about after pre season expectations. It is a step up over past years obviously, but there's just been a lot to not be happy about this season. Without an AD in place I don't see any changes this year unless he decides to leave for another job.

Edited by Volunteer Falcon
eddiesauto likes this

1 hour ago, Volunteer Falcon said:

Yeah 9-3 is nothing to be happy about after pre season expectations. It is a step up over past years obviously, but there's just been a lot to not be happy about this season. Without an AD in place I don't see any changes this year unless he decides to leave for another job.

i had forgotten you don't have an AD in place.  yeah that's a great point.  without an AD there is no way a move happens with butch..  

On 11/2/2016 at 10:18 PM, Volunteer Falcon said:

Hopefully Jones doesn't get a raise or extension after this disappointing season. He's done some good things, but I'm not sure how much longer he's safe with a new AD, Chancellor next year. Hopefully he gets a new Offensive Coordinator and Offensive Line Coach, at minimum this off season.

Volunteer Falcon likes this

that stinks..  at least it's kentucky and the vol's own kentucky.  you guys win that game and you are in the sec title game imo. 

1 hour ago, SacFalcFan said:

that stinks..  at least it's kentucky and the vol's own kentucky.  you guys win that game and you are in the sec title game imo. 

Really surprised we opened at a 15 point favorite. It sounds like Kamara will be back and there is a chance that Cam Sutton is back as well.

1 hour ago, SacFalcFan said:

Hopefully Tennessee does beat Kentucky and then somehow finds a way to lose to Missouri or Vandy. :D

26 minutes ago, Volunteer Falcon said:

Really surprised we opened at a 15 point favorite. It sounds like Kamara will be back and there is a chance that Cam Sutton is back as well.

i am not surprised.. you guys even when you stink you beat kentucky.  kentucky is a better team this year, but sometimes a team just has your number.  

On 11/7/2016 at 5:23 PM, SacFalcFan said:

i am not surprised.. you guys even when you stink you beat kentucky.  kentucky is a better team this year, but sometimes a team just has your number.  

No wins in Knoxville for Kentucky since 1984. The only good thing about losing to those guys in Lexington in 2011 was that it helped get Dooley out of here.

I think it may be closer than expected, but I think UT will take Missouri on Saturday. I do hope that they're winning by enough to send Joshua Dobbs in for one play of a series before putting Dormandy in to let him get a big applause from the fans on his last game at Neyland Stadium. Record wise, he hasn't been phenomenal or anything, but he seems like a great young man who has done good things here, especially playing a big role in breaking the losing streaks vs Georgia and Florida.

2 hours ago, eddiesauto said:

No wins in Knoxville for Kentucky since 1984. The only good thing about losing to those guys in Lexington in 2011 was that it helped get Dooley out of here.

I think it may be closer than expected, but I think UT will take Missouri on Saturday. I do hope that they're winning by enough to send Joshua Dobbs in for one play of a series before putting Dormandy in to let him get a big applause from the fans on his last game at Neyland Stadium. Record wise, he hasn't been phenomenal or anything, but he seems like a great young man who has done good things here, especially playing a big role in breaking the losing streaks vs Georgia and Florida.

I would bet on Tennessee, but Missouri pulls out a good game every now and then when you least expect it.

eddiesauto likes this

On 11/17/2016 at 4:58 PM, itsjustafleshwound said:

I would bet on Tennessee, but Missouri pulls out a good game every now and then when you least expect it.

True. Missouri usually plays pretty well against Tennessee ever since they first started playing each other in 2012.

Wes Rucker‏@wesrucker247

Butch: "I’m not gonna sit here and talk about (not winning SEC East). We just won our eighth game. That hasn’t been done here in a while."

********  lolol.. they won 9 last year.. oh butchie.. 

15 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

Wes Rucker‏@wesrucker247

Butch: "I’m not gonna sit here and talk about (not winning SEC East). We just won our eighth game. That hasn’t been done here in a while."

********  lolol.. they won 9 last year.. oh butchie.. 

He does not want to talk about it because he knows he laid an egg this year.  

Butch needs to just own that they didn't achieve what they set out to do this season. It's so disingenuous to carry on like this. A lot of guys got hurt and his bone headed coaching struck again. There are still good things to be proud of without blowing hot air.

Vandy is gonna play hard. He better be ready for that.

2 minutes ago, Volunteer Falcon said:

life champion ring.PNG

Lot of jelly in this thread that you all don't have one of these puppies on your finger.

LOLOLOL   

7 hours ago, Volunteer Falcon said:

life champion ring.PNG

Lot of jelly in this thread that you all don't have one of these puppies on your finger.

:lol: That's awesome, I love it...