Volunteer Falcon

Tennessee Thread

1,655 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, The_Voice_of_Reason said:

Should have never fired Phil Fulmer you idiots.

 nah i think they were right in firing fulmer.  they just have done a poor job of finding his replacement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I liked the idea Clay Travis had: fire Butch and throw the kitchen sink at Petrino. Petrino has shown in the past that he will chase money. You know he has to be craving the chance to get back in the SEC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

 nah i think they were right in firing fulmer.  they just have done a poor job of finding his replacement. 

I disagree. Fulmer had 1 bad year and they overreacted and fired him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I disagree. Fulmer had 1 bad year and they overreacted and fired him.

  there was a lot more wrong than just 1 bad year.  their recruiting had been suffering for a number of years.  they were heading in the wrong direction imo.  i don't think they were wrong with firing him.  i think their leadership has been horrible.  if they had hired the right head coach they wouldn't be in this mess.  they had a chance to do the right hire in cutcliffe, but they wouldn't let him bring his assistant coaches with him and instead tried to force him to keep the guys that were on lane's staff because they had multi year deals.  cutcliffe was the right choice and he would have gotten them back pretty quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Volunteer Falcon said:

It was time for Fulmer to go, like Sac said, we've just done a terrible job replacing him.

Vol, 

Do you think Butch Jones will survive this year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like Georgia has made the same mistake. 

So Tennessee was too good for Fulmer and too good for Cutcliffe but Dooley and Butch jones are a fit?   Hey I hate Tennessee and think it is great that the gamecocks kicked your ***.  I was there to see all your fans go Boo Hoo.  They finally have all left after destroying our city for the past 3 days.  Sorry yall are butthurt but firing Fulmer was a dumb move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The_Voice_of_Reason said:

Looks like Georgia has made the same mistake. 

So Tennessee was too good for Fulmer and too good for Cutcliffe but Dooley and Butch jones are a fit?   Hey I hate Tennessee and think it is great that the gamecocks kicked your ***.  I was there to see all your fans go Boo Hoo.  They finally have all left after destroying our city for the past 3 days.  Sorry yall are butthurt but firing Fulmer was a dumb move.

Help us Lord, now you're lecturing Tennessee fans...

mdrake34 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Volunteer Falcon said:

He definitely survives unless he takes another job.

Maybe you guys litter his yard with for sale signs will give him a clue.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

  there was a lot more wrong than just 1 bad year.  their recruiting had been suffering for a number of years.  they were heading in the wrong direction imo.  i don't think they were wrong with firing him.  i think their leadership has been horrible.  if they had hired the right head coach they wouldn't be in this mess.  they had a chance to do the right hire in cutcliffe, but they wouldn't let him bring his assistant coaches with him and instead tried to force him to keep the guys that were on lane's staff because they had multi year deals.  cutcliffe was the right choice and he would have gotten them back pretty quickly.

Tennessee won like 11 games and only lost by 7 to LSU in the SEC Championship Game in 2007. I'm sure every UT fan on the planet would take that in a heartbeat right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Tennessee won like 11 games and only lost by 7 to LSU in the SEC Championship Game in 2007. I'm sure every UT fan on the planet would take that in a heartbeat right now.

Tennessee is also a very dirty team under Jones.  They ended Lattimores football career with a dirty hit.  One of the dirtiest teams ive seen in the last 5 years.

Falconsfan567 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, The_Voice_of_Reason said:

Tennessee is also a very dirty team under Jones.  They ended Lattimores football career with a dirty hit.  One of the dirtiest teams ive seen in the last 5 years.

Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Carter said:

I just don't understand coming in here and being a d!ck about a team you aren't a fan of firing a coach 8 years ago.

I am not being a **** you are wrong if you think so.  Just an opinion that I thought it was a mistake but apparently most other posters disagree with me. (that what message boards are for right) I in general think that most schools have gotten crazy with this firing coaches thing.  It would be nice to see a program stick with a guy for once.  Like VT.  Sorry you have gotten soft on Tennessee but most people hate them and their ignorant fans.  If my opinion offends you then I'm sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, The_Voice_of_Reason said:

I am not being a **** you are wrong if you think so.  Just an opinion that I thought it was a mistake but apparently most other posters disagree with me. (that what message boards are for right) I in general think that most schools have gotten crazy with this firing coaches thing.  It would be nice to see a program stick with a guy for once.  Like VT.  Sorry you have gotten soft on Tennessee but most people hate them and their ignorant fans.  If my opinion offends you then I'm sorry.

He was a coach for 28 and a head coach for 16... years.... :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/1/2016 at 0:50 PM, Volunteer Falcon said:

of course we would but the program was on a downward spiral. Recruiting was lacking and the staff wasn't adjusting with the times.

  the staff change was necessary, but your leadership really did a very poor job as you said above.  the question is will butch jones lose the boosters like fulmer did and they remove him or will he get more time.  you guys can win out and still get to 9-3, but with the preseason you know it's going to look worst than it might actually be.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, The_Voice_of_Reason said:

And fired after one bad year.

After poor recruiting and Cutcliffe left things were going downhill fast.. didn't they lose to Wyoming that year? :huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

After poor recruiting and Cutcliffe left things were going downhill fast.. didn't they lose to Wyoming that year? :huh:

  they lost to wyoming after the announcement that fulmer was going to be fired at the end of the season I believe.  they had won 5 games and then 9 and 9 before another bad start to the season.  some people don't realize how impt cutcliffe was to fulmer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now