Volunteer Falcon

Tennessee Thread

1,710 posts in this topic

Just now, Carter said:

It's very crappy to see. I remember when Georgia lost half the team it seemed like @UT in 2013. It was crazy. Stinks to have a season with so much promise get run off the rails by injuries like that. I feel yall brose... its never good to see, even for a rival.

It sucks, especially for the players. You put in all that work in the off season and then team mates just start dropping. Has to be hard on them.

I wouldn't be shocked if he was told they would use more I formation, but it is very well known that Hurd along with his family are divas. There is a reason Alvin Kamara was named a captain and Hurd was not. 

11 minutes ago, Volunteer Falcon said:

I wouldn't be shocked if he was told they would use more I formation, but it is very well known that Hurd along with his family are divas. There is a reason Alvin Kamara was named a captain and Hurd was not. 

Hurd was one of the most overrated players in the SEC coming into this year. People were trying to compare him to Fournette when he isn't even the best RB for Tennessee. Kamara is hands down a better back. 

12 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Hurd was one of the most overrated players in the SEC coming into this year. People were trying to compare him to Fournette when he isn't even the best RB for Tennessee. Kamara is hands down a better back. 

I believe in a traditional system Hurd would have been extremely productive (he was almost the all time leading rusher in whatever this system is that we are running). Dude is a crazy athlete but needs to get over himself. 

16 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

shy tuttle is gone for the year.   Vols are feeling the pain UGA has for many years with injuries this season.  we have had a number of years derailed by a lot of injuries.  it's very unfortunate. 

http://www.rockytopinsider.com/2016/10/30/vols-lose-another-player-season-ending-injury/

I feel really bad for Shy. That guy has the potential to be an all time great. 

Certainly have no love lost for UT, but it does suck to see a season go down the drain with so many injuries. UGA has dealt with that more than I care to think about, so I feel you guys... I really hate to see injuries. It's football, they happen, but the season and potentially career ending ones are terrible and for a team to take on so many is just crappy for everyone involved.

Volunteer Falcon likes this

Butch has lost the team. It's time for him to move on. When a player admits the team "no showed" for a game thats bad. Butch even said the team was "disinterested".

This is seriously a problem for Tennessee. So many players are leaving. That tells me the issue is with Butch. If Tennessee completely falls off this year and finishes 7-5 or something like that, there is the perfect reason to fire Butch. 

4 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I like Jalen Hurd and think he's a good running back.

Jalen is a good one.  he won't be transferring.  he is just going to be getting ready for the draft.  butch tried to spin it as something positive, but it isn't. 

13 minutes ago, The_Voice_of_Reason said:

Should have never fired Phil Fulmer you idiots.

Not sure if you're making fun of the other voice but if so that's pretty good. :D