Volunteer Falcon

Tennessee Thread

1,710 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Vols dismissed Danny O'Brien from the team for a team rules violation

that's very weird.. he has been hurt a lot the past 3 games.  no one truly will know what happened unless someone on staff wants to violate HIPPA laws.  also there is some stuff i have heard regarding hurd.  it will be interesting if anyone comes from his concussion. 

35 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

also there is some stuff i have heard regarding hurd.

Is this in reference to the concussion-like symptoms yet still put back into the game and now parents are lawyering up while Butch Jones is keeping a tight lip on injury reports rumor that's floating about in some places? I sure hope that's not the case (that it happened, not the rumor) because that could be a bad deal for everyone involved.

7 minutes ago, MemphibianDawg said:

Is this in reference to the concussion-like symptoms yet still put back into the game and now parents are lawyering up while Butch Jones is keeping a tight lip on injury reports rumor that's floating about in some places? I sure hope that's not the case (that it happened, not the rumor) because that could be a bad deal for everyone involved.

i heard about him being put into the game even with concussion-like symptoms the next day after the game.  that came from some vol guys i i know who said they saw it firsthand.. not sure if that is true.  now i am seeing some rumors regarding his parents and hurd being put back into the game from different people on a few boards.  

8 minutes ago, MemphibianDawg said:

Just saw where Preston Williams is leaving the team. Crazy.

Not to surprised, wouldn't be shocked if there was another transfer at some point.

Williams walks away from Tennessee.

Preston Williams fighting off an Appalachian State defender.
Tennessee sophomore wide receiver Preston Williams has decided to leave the Vol football program according to multiple sources.

The 6-foot-4, 209-pound wideout from Hampton, Ga., is exiting Knoville after playing in 14 career games, including all six this season.

But, Williams saw his playing time decrease as the season went on after catching five balls for 45 yards in Tennessee's opening game against Appalachian State.

Williams only caught four more passes this season and just one in the last three games once SEC play started. The lack of playing time and opportunities were cited as a major reason Williams is looking to leave according to sources.

In his brief career on Rocky Top, Williams had 16 receptions for 247 yards.

Williams arrived at Tennessee in the summer of 2015 as a blue chip recruit with plenty of promise. But, he will now look for his new home to fulfill that promise.

Tennessee was already thin at wide receiver this season as Josh Malone and Jauan Jennings lead the Vols at the wide receiver spot.

On October 10, 2016 at 10:35 PM, MemphibianDawg said:

If a husband and a wife get a divorce in Alabama does it mean they're not brother and sister anymore?

Carter likes this

Apparently Khalil McKenzie tore his pectoral muscle in the game against Alabama. I'm not sure I've ever seen a defense more riddled with injuries at key positions.

2 hours ago, Volunteer Falcon said:

Apparently Khalil McKenzie tore his pectoral muscle in the game against Alabama. I'm not sure I've ever seen a defense more riddled with injuries at key positions.

It's very crappy to see. I remember when Georgia lost half the team it seemed like @UT in 2013. It was crazy. Stinks to have a season with so much promise get run off the rails by injuries like that. I feel yall brose... its never good to see, even for a rival.