Volunteer Falcon

Tennessee Thread

1,622 posts in this topic

Orlando Brown has committed to the Vols. If this kid can get his weight under control he has the potential to be a big time player.

yep that's a big concern for him though. that is why a lot of the teams on his offer list no longer holds an offer for him. i hope he does lose the weight. he is a very nice young man who had to deal with his dad's death.

yep that's a big concern for him though. that is why a lot of the teams on his offer list no longer holds an offer for him. i hope he does lose the weight. he is a very nice young man who had to deal with his dad's death.

Evidentally a lot of his weight gain was attributed to the loss of his dad and his grieving. I feel for the kid and hope he can continue on the right track. A college S&C program should do wonders for him.

Evidentally a lot of his weight gain was attributed to the loss of his dad and his grieving. I feel for the kid and hope he can continue on the right track. A college S&C program should do wonders for him.

yep i can understand that it's very tough to deal with a loss of a parent. i will say i know a few guys who know a lot more than i about orlando brown and a bunch of schools dropped him (besides the weight gain) due to him not starting all of his games as a jr and other concerns that had nothing to do with his weight loss. i was told to remember chris little which is not a good comparison. he might be a vol, but I hope he does well. :) congrats.

yep i can understand that it's very tough to deal with a loss of a parent. i will say i know a few guys who know a lot more than i about orlando brown and a bunch of schools dropped him (besides the weight gain) due to him not starting all of his games as a jr and other concerns that had nothing to do with his weight loss. i was told to remember chris little which is not a good comparison. he might be a vol, but I hope he does well. smile.png congrats.

Yeah he defintely has a ways to go but the potential is there. Guys like this you just want to see succeed whether they're a Vol, Dawg, Gator, etc etc.

Yeah he defintely has a ways to go but the potential is there. Guys like this you just want to see succeed whether they're a Vol, Dawg, Gator, etc etc.

yep completely agree.

wow that is a big deal for the vols.

Evidently it was Tennessee's idea for him to transfer. There is a lot of speculation out there right now.

Edited by Volunteer Falcon

Looks like the situation was in regards to academics. Hopefully we can find someone who can step up at the PG position this year as the rest of the team is pretty well off.

Congratulations to A.J. Johnson, Daniel McCullers, James Stone, Zach Fulton, Antonio Richardson, Ja'Waun James, Byron Moore, and Curt Maggitt for being named to Phil Steele's Preseason All-SEC teams. Also congratulations to Antonio Richardson, A.J. Johnson, and Daniel McCullers for being named to Steele's Preseason All-American teams.

And finally congrats to the Lady Vols softball team for a great showing in the world series.

@ClayTravisBGID: Past three years of Vol football APR: 921, 934, 909. Unless Vols get a 956 in 12-13, team won't be eligible for 2014 bowl game.

@ClayTravisBGID: Past three years of Vol football APR: 921, 934, 909. Unless Vols get a 956 in 12-13, team won't be eligible for 2014 bowl game.

Luckily they are on track for a 957+, although the number they actually need is less then 956. At least 35 players since 2009 have either been dismissed, never played, or not completed their eligibility, which has caused a big hit. The GPA has been getting a lot better, I believe we had a team GPA of 2.8 this year although it fell short of the 3.0 goal. Two years ago the team GPA was 2.08.

Luckily they are on track for a 957+, although the number they actually need is less then 956. At least 35 players since 2009 have either been dismissed, never played, or not completed their eligibility, which has caused a big hit. The GPA has been getting a lot better, I believe we had a team GPA of 2.8 this year although it fell short of the 3.0 goal. Two years ago the team GPA was 2.08.

where did you get your 957 number? the vols football team is going to have the best APR ranking they have ever done since APR has been tabulated to avoid missing out on a 2014 bowl game. butch jones may be able to do it, but that will be tough to do in just 1 year.

where did you get your 957 number? the vols football team is going to have the best APR ranking they have ever done since APR has been tabulated to avoid missing out on a 2014 bowl game. butch jones may be able to do it, but that will be tough to do in just 1 year.

I was shocked by it as well, I'll have to find where that number came from (either an article or writer from VolQuest). It was quoted as saying the APR is on track to be between 957 and some higher number which I can't remember off the top of my head. If I can find it again I'll be sure to post it.

UT should really be concerned with getting enough W's to be bowl eligible first.

well they can get 3 easy cupcake wins this year and a big loss to oregon and only have to go 3-5 in the sec and make a bowl game, but yeah even with that they will have a tough go of it this year and next with trying to make a bowl game.

some vol fans are upset over nick being invited to speak so close to campus..

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/daB02?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=tennessee-volunteers-football

well they can get 3 easy cupcake wins this year and a big loss to oregon and only have to go 3-5 in the sec and make a bowl game, but yeah even with that they will have a tough go of it this year and next with trying to make a bowl game.

some vol fans are upset over nick being invited to speak so close to campus..

http://bleacherrepor...nteers-football

I will be very disappointed if we don't make a bowl and pull off at least one minor upset this year, we have the talent to do it. I understand why some people were upset about Nick Saban being invited to talk but it didn't bother me to much. He even spent some time with a make-a-wish kid and was actually a few minutes late to speak due to spending time with him.

Vols pull in their 5th commitment for the 2015 class, LB Cecil Cherry. Kid looks like an elite prospect in the 2015 class, his offer list on Rivals (if accurate) is ridiculous.

Edited by Volunteer Falcon