Volunteer Falcon

Tennessee Thread

1,733 posts in this topic

Tennessee looks to be done at 35 (including walk ons). Nice addition in 4* DT Michael Sawyers today.

Edited by Volunteer Falcon

orlando brown went from ut to ou

Yup, unfortunately the staff didn't feel comfortable with sending him a LOI due to his academic issues. Earlier today he was planning on going to a prep school and enrolling next year but it looks like he will head to OU instead.

Yup, unfortunately the staff didn't feel comfortable with sending him a LOI due to his academic issues. Earlier today he was planning on going to a prep school and enrolling next year but it looks like he will head to OU instead.

yep he had an interview with css on inside the huddle after it fell through for him and fortunately for him he ended up at oklahoma.. i hope him the best.

yep he had an interview with css on inside the huddle after it fell through for him and fortunately for him he ended up at oklahoma.. i hope him the best.

Same here, I wish we had been able to keep him. He has done a lot to get his body into playing shape. I wish him nothing but the best.

*Sigh* it looks like UT has finally had it's first run in with the KPD in quiet sometime. AJ Johnson, Dontavis Sapp (former player), and Danny O'Brien were arrested at a party at Sapp's apartment. Evidentally they were asked to turn their music down and didn't comply. The cops were called and after some arguing from Sapp he was arrested on a resisting charge as well as serving alchohol to a minor. Johnson stepped up to defend Sapp and was also arrested on a resisting charge. O'Brien was hit with an underrage consumption charge.

eating-crow.jpg

Coach Martin has served me a giant plate of crow! After that A&M loss something seemed to switch and this team began playing lights out. The defense has been extroridnary and the offense has been very consistant. So Coach Martin I take back everything bad I ever said about you, you have this team playing with more heart than any basketball team Tennessee has had in a long, long time.

so vol fans wanted martin fired and had a petition created and signed by thousands to fire martin and rehire pearl.. now martin is a genius coach and pearl stinks.. lol

so vol fans wanted martin fired and had a petition created and signed by thousands to fire martin and rehire pearl.. now martin is a genius coach and pearl stinks.. lol

Yeah that petition was disrespectful. I haven't always been behind Coach Martin but I would never sign or encourage something like that. I will always be thankful for what Bruce Pearl did for Tennessee basketball. I hope Coach Martin can continue to grow and show that this run isn't a one year fluke.

Looks like Stokes is set to declare he is going to the NBA, huge blow to the basketball team next year. Was really hoping he could come back for his senior season.

"Tennessee is where I want to be," Martin said. "That has never changed. I have said many times over the past three years that I believe we have the resources and support to be the last team standing, and that belief has never been stronger.

"I appreciate the unrivaled passion of this fanbase and feel the responsibility to make those fans proud. I also appreciate the commitment that the university and athletic department leadership have shown to this staff. I am excited about the future and remain honored to be the head basketball coach at Tennessee. Go Vols!"

I guess this statement (from 2 weeks ago) was a little premature.

Allegedly Cuonzo accepted the commitment of a player while out West and had an assistant inform the Tennessee players that he was taking the Cal job. If all this is true I have lost a tremendous amount of respect for Coach Martin.

Who could blame him after the way he was treated by some fans and a great many very openly stating they couldn't wait to get Pearl back.

A vocal minority of our fan base did treat Cuonzo unfairly. Another portion of our fan base criticized him because of his lack of success and most didn't do that until we at one point lost 4 out of 6 games when we had the most talent we have had since our elite eight team. I was very up and down on him but he showed me a lot during the sweet 16 run after underachieving a lot in the regular season to give me hope in him moving forward. In the end this may be best for all parties involved.