Oct. 11 Chattanooga Knoxville - W

Oct. 18 at Ole Miss * Oxford, Miss. - L

Oct. 25 Alabama * Knoxville - L

Nov. 1 at South Carolina * Columbia, SC - L

Nov. 8 OPEN

Nov. 15 Kentucky * Knoxville - W

Nov. 22 Missouri * Knoxville - Toss Up

Nov. 29 at Vanderbilt * Nashville - Toss Up

I've got them with anywhere from 4 to 7 wins depending on their toss up games.

I think 7 or 8. I just think Tennessee is coming on fast and USCe will fade back over the next few years. I think they take Florida and possibly Missouri.

What reason do you have for thinking South Carolina will go back to being the old South Carolina?

Depends on what u call the "old" south Carolina. I don't think they will fall back to pre-Spurrier status. I just don't think they will be really challenging hard for the East. I think Tennessee gets over them. Just my opinion, doesn't mean it will happen.

Depends on what u call the "old" south Carolina. I don't think they will fall back to pre-Spurrier status. I just don't think they will be really challenging hard for the East. I think Tennessee gets over them. Just my opinion, doesn't mean it will happen.

Why do you think Tennessee will be better than South Carolina in the next few years? You're talking about 2 teams heading in opposite directions. Yes South Carolina did lose to Tennessee this year but that was a fluke loss by the Gamecocks.

yeah i think south Carolina takes a step back next year, but not a whole lot. however i think the vols are worst next year then they are this year. the lose their best players and i can't see the vols beating south Carolina at usce. they will be a very young team.

Why do you think Tennessee will be better than South Carolina in the next few years? You're talking about 2 teams heading in opposite directions. Yes South Carolina did lose to Tennessee this year but that was a fluke loss by the Gamecocks.

Like I said, just my opinion. I really believe the program is headed up fairly quickly. Sac mentioned some reasons they may be stuck for a year because of attrition, but I still think they win 7. Possibly only loss at home is to Bama. I could be wrong. I'm not a Vol fan nor a Gamecock fan. I don't really have a dawg in the fight. Just an observation.

I see anywhere from 4-7 wins next year. Our skill position players should be much better but it's all going to depend on how well the offensive and defensive lines can get up to speed. We should also have some major contributors coming in with this recruiting class.

Huge pick up indeed... Tennessee has certainly had their share of stud WRs the last few years. Malone will no doubt fit that mould.

With this incoming class (and it looks like TN could have another great class for 2015), we're going to get a good idea of just how good of a coach Butch is.

Huge pick up indeed... Tennessee has certainly had their share of stud WRs the last few years. Malone will no doubt fit that mould.

With this incoming class (and it looks like TN could have another great class for 2015), we're going to get a good idea of just how good of a coach Butch is.

yep we will in 2015..

AJ Johnson will be returning next year for Tennessee. This is really big for a defense that will be relatively young. His experience and leadership should go a long ways.

AJ Johnson will be returning next year for Tennessee. This is really big for a defense that will be relatively young. His experience and leadership should go a long ways.

i was hoping he would turn pro. i loved his motor all year for you guys.

great for the vols.. you are going to need him bigtime with all your departures and all the youth that is coming in.

I think Tennessee goes 7-5 and 4-4 in the SEC in 2014. I think Tennessee loses to Oklahoma,Georgia,South Carolina,Ole Miss and Alabama.

Edited by BigDave1967

Vols pick up a commitment from 4* RB Derrell Scott.

VF, who in your opinion is going to grayshirt/blueshirt for TN in your class to make room for everybody?

VF, who in your opinion is going to grayshirt/blueshirt for TN in your class to make room for everybody?

Jerome Dews has been mentioned as a possible grayshirt. Butch said they would take 35 if they could so he obviously isn't shy about going over 30. These things always have a way of working themselves out as you know whether it be people not qualifying or whatever reason and there are multiple loop holes written into the rules that everyone takes advantage of. I know earlier there was some talk that two of our dline commitments may be looking around but the news tonight seems to be like they are solid. The only additions I could see to this class are Michael Sawyers and/or Adoree Jackson which would be a massive haul. I would think Treyvon Paulk could be a possible grayshirt as well coming off a knee injury his senior year but I haven't heard any news around that. Honestly I'm not sure how the numbers are going to shake themselves out and just trusting it will get done fairly.

Edited by Volunteer Falcon

I think that Tennessee will go somewhere like the Music City,Liberty or Independence Bowl this coming season. That will help CBJ's status at Tennessee(I don't think He's in any sort of trouble as it is right now.)

I think that Tennessee will go somewhere like the Music City,Liberty or Independence Bowl this coming season. That will help CBJ's status at Tennessee(I don't think He's in any sort of trouble as it is right now.)

Any bowl this year would be a huge accomplishment. As Sac said earlier in the thread we are returning 0 starters on the offensive/defensive line (although there are some players with game experience). Our skill position players however are going to be light years ahead of where they were last year. You will see a noticeable difference at the WR, TE, and HB positions.

Edited by Volunteer Falcon