Volunteer Falcon

Tennessee Thread

1,678 posts in this topic

My goodness, that was awesome to wake up to today.

Coach Jones is wasting no time in changing the culture here. Just amazing.

I hope Dillon Bates is next.

Yessir, Coach Jones is doing work and this class sets up perfectly to jump start his coaching career at UT. Hurd is a big time player and I can't wait to see him in orange.

nice start indeed, but it wasn't unexpected.. Kelly has ties to the vols and hurd was thought to be going there by most. still though a good start for butch jones in keeping guys who were pretty strong leans to the vols in the first place and keeping them from going elsewhere.

Whether he is next or not, I think him going to UT is pretty much a sure thing. Would be like us missing on Milan Richards, just close the program down and save face if that happens.

nice start indeed, but it wasn't unexpected.. Kelly has ties to the vols and hurd was thought to be going there by most. still though a good start for butch jones in keeping guys who were pretty strong leans to the vols in the first place and keeping them from going elsewhere.

Yup which is why I believe this class will set up perfect for him and get the Tennessee name back out there, tons of legacy and in state kids.

Edited by Volunteer Falcon

Yup which is why I believe this class will set up perfect for him and get the Tennessee name back out there, tons of legacy and in state kids.

I actually thought Hurd was heading to OSU and Muschamp was really wanting him.

I actually thought Hurd was heading to OSU and Muschamp was really wanting him.

Hurd was actually a bit of a suprise. He really liked UT but had offers from pretty much everyone and I figured he would wait a little while to pull the trigger, glad he went ahead and did it though. UT has a huge recruiting weekend coming with over 100 prospects on campus. It will be great if we can lock up a couple more commitments coming out of it.

Gotta win today.

Huge game for us, if we win today we are firmly in the NCAA tourney, if we lose it's completely up in the air if we make it in or not.

Didn't get in, and didn't deserve to imo.

Yup after that showing against Bama no way we should of gotten in.It was good to see Butch Jones as the grand marshall at Bristol today though.

Yup after that showing against Bama no way we should of gotten in.It was good to see Butch Jones as the grand marshall at Bristol today though.

Heck yeah it was. I'm not a Bruce Pearl homer like some still are (although I appreciate what he did here), but I can see some similarities...especially when it comes to charisma.

(No barbeques please)

Evan Woodbery@TennesseeBeat 10m

FSU confirms Jay Graham's new salary as $275k. Graham had been offered $300k to stay at UT. http://bit.ly/10MvRoC

Funny we don't get a top back while he's here, he leaves and we pick up one of the top backs in the country, best of luck to him.

Funny we don't get a top back while he's here, he leaves and we pick up one of the top backs in the country, best of luck to him.

a big reason you got those guys was due to what graham did.. the period of time was very short from when he left and when those guys committed.

You don't think that the previous staff had a major to play in that?

Dooley? No Hurd hated Dooley. Or are you just talking about the complete incompetence that was Derek Dooley?