Theories On Steven Jackson Anyone?

I tend to agree w/ you based on recent history. TD usually let's the first wave in FA go by so we don't overpay. Dunta is the only exception I can think of, but I don't remember how quickly we signed him. If SJax goes elsewhere then we move on to plan B, which I'm guessing is the draft. But I too get the feeling jackson is coming here.

I tend to agree w/ you based on recent history. TD usually let's the first wave in FA go by so we don't overpay. Dunta is the only exception I can think of, but I don't remember how quickly we signed him. If SJax goes elsewhere then we move on to plan B, which I'm guessing is the draft. But I too get the feeling jackson is coming here.

Yes I also think Jackson knows the Packers wouldn't use him much they are a pass first team. We are more of a blanced team maybe 60 percent pass 40 percent runs maybe even more runs if we had Jackson.

I seriously hope we don't. Don't get me wrong -- if he signs here, I'll get behind the signing. But I think we can get a RB in the draft, and in the middle rounds at that. I'd MUCH rather address defensive needs. RBs are easy to find. Pass rushers, not so much.

Just my opinion, though. I'll defer to Dimitroff.

Yes I also think Jackson knows the Packers wouldn't use him much they are a pass first team. We are more of a blanced team maybe 60 percent pass 40 percent runs maybe even more runs if we had Jackson.

That's because they haven't had a running game. Jackson would be the feature back in GB. I think Jackson did throw us a hint in the interview about quality of touches but it probably went over TD's head

we're moving on

Maybe. Maybe not. In fact you could see us replace Snelling with another back we get in mid to late rounds like Gillislee. Remember even if we sign SJax it's pnot a long term deal or fix.we usually carry 4 or 5 rbs on roster. Usually 1 FB and in past Snelling, Smith and Quizz. Snelling is a nice player, but that bradie Ewing is a very similar type of player who has great hands as well. If healthy, Ewing could displace Snelling. We draft a Gillissee or Stefan Taylor in mid to ate rounds and sign SJax and roll with him and Quizz as them main two backs. A kid like Gillissee could see times at returner and some touches

Skip the theories. The Falcons know they need a quality RB. Jackson wants to play on a winning team and my suspicion is that Jackson wants to play with Gonzalez before TG goes permanently into retirement. I also think, in my honest opinion that Jackson doesn't want to play up there in the cold north of Green Bay IMHO. With the right enticements by Blank,Dimitroff, and Smith, the Falcons might be able to pull off getting S-Jacks. Enough said.