Baker Got 41 Million.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You got to love Mr. Right. He's not a fan of this team yet is always hanging around here. Do you have a job bro? A life? Anything besides constantly hating on a team you don't even like. There has to be more to life than that! Has to be!

Feel bad for you bro, really do. I bet in a weird way you consider us family don't you? What a lonely person will do to feel wanted and needed. A shame really.

Edited by JBourneMurkedU

Guys, chill.

http://espn.go.com/b...sam-bakers-deal

It’s a six-year deal worth $41.1 million. Baker got a $10 million signing bonus and his first-year base salary will be $1 million.

Baker’s base salary jumps to $3.25 million in 2014 and the first two years are guaranteed. In 2015, the base salary rises to $4.25 million.

The 2016 base salary is $5.25 million. In 2017, Baker’s salary is $6.5 million and in 2018 it rises to $6.6 million.

The deal also includes a possible $3.9 million in escalators.

That's NOT bad.

That is a really good deal.

You must have never heard of the concept of a performance review.

And since you haven't let me break it down for you. In a performance review, your employer highlights what you did well and poorly. For example, TD will likely be asked about his Ray Edwards signing or Jerry pick. When asked, TD will either need to admit he made a mistake, or defend that decision. Signing Baker is a way for him to defend himself and make himself look good.

Chances are, you dont' want to admit you're wrong, so you say, for example, Ray Edwards was the best DE available out side of Charles Johsnon, who outpriced himself. We thought he could get 8 sacks here but unfortuantely he didn't turn out as expected. But we made a signing at a position that we felt was an area of need. It jwas just an unfortuante free agent market. If there were other viable DEs, we probably would not have signed Edwards. Show some BS footage and you're good.

Edited by Mr. Right

I'm praying he didn't just play hard because it was a contract year for him.

This is EXACTLY what I believe happened. Years of suck play and phantom injuries--- then in his contract year, and the team drafting a potential replacement--- all of a sudden he blows up and has a reasonably mediocre-to-competent season.

Now that he's got paid, watch the return of "Sam Baker is questionable because night fell on him".

TD needs to justify his reach of a pick. If TD wants a guy, he gets the guy. I doubt Pat HIll as much say.

Holmes will play. Reynolds is on a 2 year deal. If Clabo is slowing down, slide him in and put Holmes on the field. Three year of seasoning versus one. But keep going...

I echo the sentiment that this is a bad looking contract if u consider bakers only productive year was his contract year.

this kind of a move is either great or super suck, looking back there won't be any in between. I hope it works well for us but it is really hard not to be pretty skeptical. If we have a good draft hopefully that will distract me enough to not be annoyed with it lol.

all in all its the combination of the draft and FA improving the team overall that is most important IMO. I don't need to agree with all the particulars if the off season as a whole is a success.

Some of you people are really, really stupid. I'm sorry. I don't buy you are the impulsive fan or someone who just wants the team to "win". You are just f'ing stupid.

He is guaranteed 3.1 million against the cap the first year and 4.5 the second. Only his first two years salaries are guaranteed. Baker was a good starting O-tackle last year and the O-line is a position that takes a few years to establish yourself in.

This was a steal for the Falcons. Period.

Roddy played well during his contract year, and after starting out his career as a bust. Similar to Baker. And guess what? Roddy was a backup before he found success once Ashley Lelie took his slot. Next.

Roddy was under a 5 year contract as a rookie, so his contract year was not until post 2009 season...Roddy played well the 2 seasons prior to his contract season, and then received a new contract BEFORE his contract season.