Baker Got 41 Million.

Creative

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The FO was right about letting Baker start last year when the whole place was up in arms about it. Pat Hill is the OLine guy now. If he wanted Baker, we kept Baker.

TD needs to justify his reach of a pick. If TD wants a guy, he gets the guy. I doubt Pat HIll as much say.

Just like he had to justify Curtis Lofton by overpaying him too right? Since that was the same draft and all. Good God you have to have Asbergers.

Lofton wasn't a reach. When we drafted him, he was said to be a good pick. No need to justify that. Baker was a reach and TD needs to defend that pick.

This thread only proves this fan base's IQ needs a lot of work. Don't even understand simple contracts. SMH.

I know he won't get all $41. It's the fact that we have some kind of perception that he's a good player. He isn't. We could have got kept Abe and signed Bush for this price.

If Sam Baker came into my office wanting 18 mil guranteed I would have said take a hike pal. I would have then made secondary plans in a deep offensive line draft and Tackle draft to get a stud and used that Sam Baker contract on two defensive line players. I could have brought Osi and Hill to Atlanta for that kind of money and also brought back a insurance policy like Will S

Which is why you're on a message board and not a GM. So clueless to how this contract works and what it means. Here I'll try, what's the cap hit for this season on this deal most likely?

Edited by JBourneMurkedU

Lofton wasn't a reach. When we drafted him, he was said to be a good pick. No need to justify that. Baker was a reach and TD needs to defend that pick.

Defend it to who? You? Lmao he doesn't even know you exist and no one is asking him to defend himself but you. Gosh what a failure you are. Edited by A-TowN.-

I really think that 41 millions is alot of money to a Regular Player .... I really don't like to hear the 49ers and Seahawks building champioship teams and we only resing our own personal, I know it has work for us in the past, but you can always do better... with that kind of money we could had made a run at Jake Long... he sure would be an upgrade .... I trust TD but I'm not happy....

So TD let's his "good" picks walk, and signs his "reaches". How much tinfoil did you use for that hat?

When TD answers to Blank, TD can say, look, Lofton was so good that another team outbid us. TD can't say that about baker Baker, but he can say that Baker's so good that we resigned him to a huge deal because that's what the 'market' was commanding.

Edited by Mr. Right

I know he won't get all $41. It's the fact that we have some kind of perception that he's a good player. He isn't. We could have got kept Abe and signed Bush for this price.

It's not ironic or anything you saying someone isn't a good player and then right behind that mention signing Reggie Bush. Now that's funny!

It doesn't matter if he sees the $ or not. You give 18 guranteed to a player that is a walking injury and puts together one good season in his contract season. It sets a bad precedence and shows other players on the team you can perform and be hurt but have one good season and we will reward you, mind you we left our starting MLB go to the crap Saints over nothing. What value does Baker have to Falcons at those numbers? None now run along

Butthurt.jpg

Guys, chill.

http://espn.go.com/b...sam-bakers-deal

It’s a six-year deal worth $41.1 million. Baker got a $10 million signing bonus and his first-year base salary will be $1 million.

Baker’s base salary jumps to $3.25 million in 2014 and the first two years are guaranteed. In 2015, the base salary rises to $4.25 million.

The 2016 base salary is $5.25 million. In 2017, Baker’s salary is $6.5 million and in 2018 it rises to $6.6 million.

The deal also includes a possible $3.9 million in escalators.

That's NOT bad.

Edited by MisterC89