Just Bring Back Abe And Call It A Day

could happen. Abe definitely was talkin' nice about Falcons - almost "overly so". I bet there is a secret door to let him back in at a certain price.

if Abe and his agent don't get what they want in free agency, would not shock me if he came back on a 1-2 yr deal averaging like $3million or something.

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

No sorry. I feel it is very easy to fix us going into a 3-4 vs trying to fix our 4-3.

we ran 4-3 the last 4 out 5 years. In order to fix it we would have to get 2 DE, DT, 2 LB, and 2 CB.

if we go 3-4. there is actually no huge spot to get someone on D. we have bab on the edge, biermann falls back as the true OLB in a 3-4. Peria did get when we went 3-4 with Nolan (something I have not seen anyone say on this boards). and 2 CB.....which means

CB/DE in first or second.

LB in mid rounds (cause of biermann moves)

DT in mid rounds (Cause of Peria)

Sounds easier to fix 3-4 then 4-3.

4-3 we have to get

CB first round

CB Mid round

DE first round

DE second round

LB first round

LB third or fourth round.

DT second round.

and last I checked we do not have a slew of first and second round picks.

so yeah lets go to mainly a 3-4 and call it day

I'd say half the board is expecting that.

wishful thinking. And I'm one of the wishful...

I'd say it more than wishful thinking. Maybe 60%. I haven't heard, seen, or read any reports of interest in Abe to date from an other team.(Unless someone correct me.) I think the teams around league might know he's coming back to the Falcons. Like there were reports of the teams around the league knew Mike Wallace was going to Miami. If he doesn't get signed by a team by the draft or even less so before mini camp TD will strike a deal. The only reason he's not on the team is because of his contract, a lesser amount he would be here.

Edited by FRIZZ3L

No sorry. I feel it is very easy to fix us going into a 3-4 vs trying to fix our 4-3.

we ran 4-3 the last 4 out 5 years. In order to fix it we would have to get 2 DE, DT, 2 LB, and 2 CB.

if we go 3-4. there is actually no huge spot to get someone on D. we have bab on the edge, biermann falls back as the true OLB in a 3-4. Peria did get when we went 3-4 with Nolan (something I have not seen anyone say on this boards). and 2 CB.....which means

CB/DE in first or second.

LB in mid rounds (cause of biermann moves)

DT in mid rounds (Cause of Peria)

Sounds easier to fix 3-4 then 4-3.

4-3 we have to get

CB first round

CB Mid round

DE first round

DE second round

LB first round

LB third or fourth round.

DT second round.

and last I checked we do not have a slew of first and second round picks.

so yeah lets go to mainly a 3-4 and call it day

We already run a hybrid.

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

We already run a hybrid.

last season was more 4-3 to me. it started to show flashes towards the end of 3-4. (hence the reason I mentioned how well Jerry did......only thing that scares me is his injury....hence the reason I spoke of getting a NT in the mid rounds..)

whats your thoughts?

its actually up to both Abe AND the team.

I think he was referring to the fact that Abe would come back for the right price if he doesn't find a better one elsewhere, the right price being a fixed price that the Falcons have already come up with probably.

Therefore it's more up to Abe than it is us, I'm sure we tried to get him to take a pay cut before cutting him.

I'd say it more than wishful thinking. Maybe 60%. I haven't heard, seen, or read any reports of interest in Abe to date from an other team.(Unless someone correct me.) I think the teams around league might know he's coming back to the Falcons. Like there were reports of the teams around the league knew Mike Wallace was going to Miami. If he doesn't get signed by a team by the draft or even less so before mini camp TD will strike a deal. The only reason he's not on the team is because of his contract, a lesser amount he would be here.

I don't doubt that one bit. Which is why I'm wishful in my thinking that he could be back. Wishful optimistic thinking laugh.png

I hope they bring him back. My favorite Falcon - hurt to see him let go.

For me it was anger that gave way to sadness.

I think he was referring to the fact that Abe would come back for the right price if he doesn't find a better one elsewhere, the right price being a fixed price that the Falcons have already come up with probably.

Therefore it's more up to Abe than it is us, I'm sure we tried to get him to take a pay cut before cutting him.

didn'treally think it out in ddetail like that but we are on the same page. The team can only make him an offer. They have no leverage unless he doesn't wanna play anywhere but Atlanta.

last season was more 4-3 to me. it started to show flashes towards the end of 3-4. (hence the reason I mentioned how well Jerry did......only thing that scares me is his injury....hence the reason I spoke of getting a NT in the mid rounds..)

whats your thoughts?

I don't think it was more 4-3. I don't even think it was 3-4. Besides the times when when were in the nickel formation which was a lot to my knowledge which weren't normal nickel formations most of time. I think we just ran Vance, Babs, & Peters(Jerry a little to the end, when I think he got better in practice.) plus two DE/OLB Beer-man & Pred. & to LBs Nick & Spoon. There were plenty of plays when we had Listed DTs on the field.