Who Is It That Wants Jackson Here?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not me I'd rather draft a RB either Lacy in the 1st, or someone later in the 3rd or later. It would be cheaper and wiser to me to spend time developing a back that will be here a lot longer. Didn't we just cut a back that has no more tread left on the tires? Why would we sign another one?

Why is no one talking about Snelling? He's better than Turner to me, Quizz is a nice change of pace back. I believe we could find a servicable back in the draft that's got a mix of speed and power and we will be fine.

I'd rather sign a OL, DL, LB, CB instead.

If we weren't on the doorstep of the Super Bowl, and in a rebuilding type of situation then yea I would agree with you but no we do not need any rookies to play in a important position like the starting tailback..we need experience to get to the Super Bowl..name the last time any team went to the Super Bowl with a rookie running back???

The comparison is size and running style. Both are smaller guys who tend to count on elusiveness to make any decent runs. We don't need another guy like that. We need a bruising back who can truck dudes, like a younger version of Turner.

Re: Reggie -- That's exactly the type of guy we need, because that's the kind of offense we've shifted to

Age and mileage notwithstanding...... a quick, elusive option threat that can still meet the block, slice the holes, and crank it up in the open field is a much better fit for who we are now offensively than a brute, Mack truck-style RB.

Not me I'd rather draft a RB either Lacy in the 1st, or someone later in the 3rd or later. It would be cheaper and wiser to me to spend time developing a back that will be here a lot longer. Didn't we just cut a back that has no more tread left on the tires? Why would we sign another one?

Why is no one talking about Snelling? He's better than Turner to me, Quizz is a nice change of pace back. I believe we could find a servicable back in the draft that's got a mix of speed and power and we will be fine.

I'd rather sign a OL, DL, LB, CB instead.

Speaking of Snelling while I've always liked him and his versatility makes him a good piece for the team I believe Brian Finneran brought up a good point about him on 680AM at one time that he suffers from epilepsy and regular battles migraines this may ultimately be part of the reason he never will be considered for a full duty type role now that was just fins take on the health factors that may limit him but it does make some sense Edited by malak05

If we weren't on the doorstep of the Super Bowl, and in a rebuilding type of situation then yea I would agree with you but no we do not need any rookies to play in a important position like the starting tailback..we need experience to get to the Super Bowl..name the last time any team went to the Super Bowl with a rookie running back???

BING-OOOO I don't understand why people want a rookie when we were right there. Turner had a total of 800 yards in 16 games. You know what that average is? 50. Nuff said and that 13 attempt 16 yard performance in NO was just disgusting

Re: Reggie -- That's exactly the type of guy we need, because that's the kind of offense we've shifted to

Age and mileage notwithstanding...... a quick, elusive option threat that can still meet the block, slice the holes, and crank it up in the open field is a much better fit for who we are now offensively than a brute, Mack truck-style RB.

Then why did we have such an issue picking up 3rd and short?

Okay. I'm kind of coming around. Sign him, hope he doesn't bust a knee or some age related injury while we use him and hope this years' draft class has a stellar RB. Or failing that next years' draft class has a stellar RB.

But i don't outright compare him to Bush. Hence the 'hedging'. I just think Reggie has shown that he can catch out of the backfield well and think that's something we need. We don't need a 'thunder and lightning' backfield when most times we have a no back set.

It's funny seeing how lots of people said all this stuff about Turner when he came here. Now that we've let him go, it's like we forgot what he brought us.

I said that earlier. post #5 in this thread. But then, it didn't fit the Bush/SJax agenda. Now it does. Got it...

no need to be hostile, I'm just saying Quizz and Bush are not the same back. As for needing a power back I just don't think that fits into the ATL scheme anymore - agree to disagree

Then why did we have such an issue picking up 3rd and short?

When trying to pick up the 3rd and short with Turner the last year or so he: 1- Is slow coming out of his stance and then 2- Slow to make up his mind where to go, therefore, 3- The opposing 'D' has clogged all of his holes and he has nothing to do but dance on his tippy toes.

SJax still has a great burst, great vision which is why on 3rd and short, he might have already gotten the first down or caught a swing pass BEFORE Turner makes up his mind on just where to carry the ball. If SJax reminds me of any running back in style, I'd say Walter Payton has a big influence and Payton played at a high level until age 32. We are on the verge of busting it open in terms of winning another conference championship and another chance at winning our first Lombardi Trophy. SJax might be the offensive difference maker we need for 2-3 years. The guy has many more tools than Turner so a comparison is not justified.

I want Jackson.

Firstly, i want to say that I like SJax and i always have. I still remember being sad when he replaced Faulk, but i soon got over that,

Next, his stats speak for themselves- http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/5549/steven-jackson

Jackson is an all around back who has power, can catch, can block, and has good speed and burst for his size. He takes care of his body, which is something Turner did not do a very good job of, sadly. Jackson is getting older, but paired with Quizz and snelling, he should be able to stay fresh through the games and throughout the year. His accomplishments with the Rams are impressive despite the fact that we was their primary threat on offense for the majority of the time that he has been there.

The question is not "why would you want SJax?", The Question is "Why wouldn't you want SJax!?" Bush is a good back that would fit nicely into our offense, however, i think Sjax would fit better, considering of course that we do still have Quizz.

Comparing Jackson to turner is just plain stupid..Jackson is a lot more of an aggressive runner than turner..people complain about those games when we couldnt pick up a yard or two or 3rd down, jackson is the back that can do that..BIG DIFFERENCE...

One of the guys on 790 thinks otherwise, and got heated when a texter called him out on it.

Getting Bush would be like adding a second Quizz. Won't happen. And it shouldn't, it would be a waste.

Thats not true rodgers is bush so why not get a better bush unless we significant improvement from rodgers and him running routes i think bush would be a good add and a running back threw the draft.

The last question Steven was asked was, if a quality opponent like Atlanta, thats a pass happy offense had interest, or if a team that wanted to build around him had interest, which would he prefer????of course he beat around the bush and said which ever team provides him quality touches...he then said he would come to a passing team if he was told that he would be a factor in the offense...SIGN THIS GUY!!!!!!!

Getting Bush would be like adding a second Quizz. Won't happen. And it shouldn't, it would be a waste.

Wish I could report this for stupidity.

Bush has long speed that Quizz dreams about. Short area burst Quizz is very good, long runs, nope, not gunna happen. Bush is a gamebreaker as a KR/PR and RB, he's just not a tough between the tackles runner that's going to pickup the tough short yardage on the regular.

Quizz =/= Bush, and it's not close.

Wish I could report this for stupidity.

Bush has long speed that Quizz dreams about. Short area burst Quizz is very good, long runs, nope, not gunna happen. Bush is a gamebreaker as a KR/PR and RB, he's just not a tough between the tackles runner that's going to pickup the tough short yardage on the regular.

Quizz =/= Bush, and it's not close.

You didn't read a word in this thread...

Screw Stephen Jackson he has too many miles on him and too old for THIS team we need a medium sized back who can run like 4.4 or better and play every down. We need to go younger, faster, and bigger at every position lets not add old pieces because we still have to compete with the 49ers for years to come jax at best gives 2 solid years I'll pass

Screw Stephen Jackson he has too many miles on him and too old for THIS team we need a medium sized back who can run like 4.4 or better and play every down. We need to go younger, faster, and bigger at every position lets not add old pieces because we still have to compete with the 49ers for years to come jax at best gives 2 solid years I'll pass

Younger and faster doesn't always equal to a championship caliber type back..smh...Ray rice isn't bigger and fast but he has a ring..Is all about having smarts and experience..