Who Is It That Wants Jackson Here?

I've seen posts other places. Why do all these people want us to get Steven Jackson? Is it because they're haters or something? There should be no reason for us to go after Jackson. It'd be better to get Bush, though hedging that. Jackson is essentially the guy we just cut!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen posts other places. Why do all these people want us to get Steven Jackson? Is it because they're haters or something? There should be no reason for us to go after Jackson. It'd be better to get Bush, though hedging that. Jackson is essentially the guy we just cut!

Getting Bush would be like adding a second Quizz. Won't happen. And it shouldn't, it would be a waste.

I just want whoever it is that will help us win. You could make solid arguments for why Jackson or Bush should come here or why either one shouldn't. I'm just a bit on the fence with a back that has been in a zone blocking scheme like Bush was in Miami. RB's with his skill set tend to thrive in zone blocking. I do think we need power to compliment Rodgers. I'd take Jackson....for the right price, or we could just simply draft one.

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

Getting Bush would be like adding a second Quizz. Won't happen. And it shouldn't, it would be a waste.

so then go and draft a guy to return punts.....yeah makes some great sense.

just cause someone is a like, does not mean to say bye bye to. Bush can hit harder in the hole then quizz will too.

not many are interested in bush....cheaper for us.

Bush also wants to face the taints....cheaperR

it kills me that these 2 keep getting compared. They are not the same type of back.

They do possess alot of the same skill sets as far as catching the ball and how the would be used so yes as far as what they bring to the table they are similar although Bush would be alot more dynamic over Quizz in that role...

I wouldn't mind Steven Jackson for a few years but it would have to be for cheap so i imagine we will fill that hole in the draft ultimately

Edited by malak05

The comparison is size and running style. Both are smaller guys who tend to count on elusiveness to make any decent runs. We don't need another guy like that. We need a bruising back who can truck dudes, like a younger version of Turner.

Jacquizz-Rodgers-GIF.gif

Yeah ...

Anyway, Quizz is more like MJD, Bush is dynamic and more like a reciever.

Comparing Jackson to turner is just plain stupid..Jackson is a lot more of an aggressive runner than turner..people complain about those games when we couldnt pick up a yard or two or 3rd down, jackson is the back that can do that..BIG DIFFERENCE...

Yeah, Jackson has great hands and a better burst of speed. In fact, Quizz is like a 'Mini-Me' version of SJax. Imagine having the bigger version!

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

so then go and draft a guy to return punts.....yeah makes some great sense.

just cause someone is a like, does not mean to say bye bye to. Bush can hit harder in the hole then quizz will too.

not many are interested in bush....cheaper for us.

Bush also wants to face the taints....cheaperR

Thats ONE play where he trucked someone. ONE. Out of 151 career attempts, he TRUCKED one guy. Come on man. Don't make him out to be something he isn't. He is no where near MJD, Rice, etc.

that's just the most recent. he lowers his head a lot.

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

and guess we should get rid of Julio why we are wanting to get rid of players who do the semi same as another player does.

Not me I'd rather draft a RB either Lacy in the 1st, or someone later in the 3rd or later. It would be cheaper and wiser to me to spend time developing a back that will be here a lot longer. Didn't we just cut a back that has no more tread left on the tires? Why would we sign another one?

Why is no one talking about Snelling? He's better than Turner to me, Quizz is a nice change of pace back. I believe we could find a servicable back in the draft that's got a mix of speed and power and we will be fine.

I'd rather sign a OL, DL, LB, CB instead.

that's just the most recent. he lowers his head a lot.

Thats the ONLY one. Which is why every thread where this comes up, it gets posted. It is the only time he trucked anyone. He does lower his head, but generally, he gets knocked on his a55 when he does.

For the record, I dig Quizz, but he's not a bruiser. He's not MJD, Ray Rice, etc. He's just not. My point is you keep Quizz doing Quizz, DRAFT a powerback, and everyones happy. You got the backfield solidified on the cheap.