William Moore - DB - Falcons

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution expects free agent SS William Moore to get five years and $25-30 million on his next contract.

We'd say those numbers are a bit conservative, but they're close. Tennessee signed Michael Griffin to a five-year, $35 million contract with $15 million guaranteed last offseason as he was entering his age-27 season, and Moore is arguably a better player as he enters his age-28 campaign. Atlanta does not intend to use the franchise tage before Monday's deadline.

If he continues to improve and can stay healthy than i don't mind 5-6 mil a year. The question is his durability, though. I think that may bring the price down, as we will likely need a servicable back up on the roster if we keep Moore, just in case. I would like to sign Moore and Hope and roll like we did last season at SS. Good combo, just need the $ to be right.

From the Falcoholic....

"If the Falcons pony up for Moore, they're going to chew up a significant portion of those salary cap savings right off the bat, more than likely. ...teams like the Rams and the safety-needy NFC East squads are going to be awfully tempted to throw a sizeable contract at him, too."

what bout the rookie we drafted last year ? if he wont agree to a more falcon friendly deal let him go to the crappy eagles or whatever . i like to believe he'll work with us an wanna play for a contender rather than making it rain and be on a losing *** bottom feeder team where he has no shot at ring

This is a very strong safety class in the draft this year. I like Moore but he's not a star, and has missed too many games to injury. I don't think he is worth 6 mil per year.

I'd like to see TD put Moore in the wind. He's just not that special, not to mention being injury-prone to the extreme.

Moore is good but in my book he's not "arguably better than Michael griffin" he's worth a little more than decoud which in my book is a 25 mil contract. The thing is we lost him for dam near half the season last year & played almost exactly the same. Give him a choice, face the facts we are not gonna keep everyone we like. It's only 3 maybe 4 players on the team that should retire a falcon as of rite now. If he don't like it we keep the bus moving

Moore missed 4 gms this year towards the end of the season could of been back by week 16 but coach wanted to rest him till playoffs last year he missed about 4gms as well and the defense wasn the same without him, once he came back our defense seemed.a lot better, hom and Spoon are our Ray lewis and Ed Reed. Can't lose one or the other Moore will stay a falcon.

Cheese and rice....we've got to have the dumbest "fan" base on the planet.

Some of you must be watching from the twilight zone or something... CLEARLY Willy Mo is one of our best players on defense. To say differently is the peak of assholism.

Seriously, some of you need to wake up from whatever fog you're in, step away from the Madden and relax.

Edited by Stylo 2.0

Cheese and rice....we've got to have the dumbest "fan" base on the planet.

Some of you must be watching from the twilight zone or something... CLEARLY Willy Mo is one of our best players on defense. To say differently is the peak of assholism.

Seriously, some of you need to wake up from whatever fog you're in, step away from the Madden and relax.

I like Willy Mo. Hope we resign him. But lets be honest, dude is hurt A LOT. He's only played a full year once since becoming the starter. We should pay the man, but until he shows that he can be on the field every week, he can't expect a huge paycheck...

I like Willy Mo. Hope we resign him. But lets be honest, dude is hurt A LOT. He's only played a full year once since becoming the starter. We should pay the man, but until he shows that he can be on the field every week, he can't expect a huge paycheck...

5 year 30 million is a fair deal IMO.