Jake Long

atlbaby

I know that he wants 10 million dollars a year but coming off injury I don't think anybody will give it to him. With that being said and looking at Beatty 5 yr-38.75 million dollar contract (19 million guarantee), I say we offer him about the same thing or a little less.

Instead of paying Baker I rather the Falcons take a chance on Long. They can let Holmes develop another year and then he could take Clabo position to free up the salary cap.

the thing with Jake Long is his health. NFL teams don't just let their #1 OVERALL draft pick - who has not been a bust and was a Pro-Bowler - walk - without reason.

When marquee players get to free agency, there is a reason why.

To gamble and give this guy the money he wants is like playing russian roulette with five bullets in the 6 bullet chamber.

Well, if we gave him a big deal, atleast it would be to somebody that will make a major impact, thought I'm not a big fan of guys that demand big money regardless. But, it would help a lot in pass protection, and edge blocking in the run game. We could have more big runs with him taking out defensive ends and linebackers on the edge.

Well, if we gave him a big deal, atleast it would be to somebody that will make a major impact, thought I'm not a big fan of guys that demand big money regardless. But, it would help a lot in pass protection, and edge blocking in the run game. We could have more big runs with him taking out defensive ends and linebackers on the edge.

he only helps us if he is fully healthy - which he is not.

Dolphins took Jake Long ahead of Matt Ryan - and Long has made 2 4 pro-bowls. Dolphins know more about Jake Long's health/production than anybody - and they are letting him walk.

You don't see a red flag there? really?

I know that he wants 10 million dollars a year but coming off injury I don't think anybody will give it to him. With that being said and looking at Beatty 5 yr-38.75 million dollar contract (19 million guarantee), I say we offer him about the same thing or a little less.

Instead of paying Baker I rather the Falcons take a chance on Long. They can let Holmes develop another year and then he could take Clabo position to free up the salary cap.

I wouldn't say that

Didn't somebody just give Mario Williams a 100 mil coming off a season ending injury anything possible

Edited by joe 1982

Run blocking aside, Baker played well this year. As long as he doesn't regress, i don't see the need to go for Long, who is both expensive and a gamble at this point.

Its just not worth the gamble or the money. Even if we don't resign Baker, we do still have Holmes, and if we let Baker walk, its because we feel Holmes is the better option.

the thing with Jake Long is his health. NFL teams don't just let their #1 OVERALL draft pick - who has not been a bust and was a Pro-Bowler - walk - without reason.

To gamble and give this guy the money he wants is like playing russian roulette with five bullets in the 6 bullet chamber.

Gee I hope that's not an automatic

It's 10 million reasons why they are letting him go. He's good enough for them to offer him 6-7 million. Plus he made 4 pro bowls not 2

All I'm saying is pay the man in the Beatty range if you are going to give Baker the same thing. He's head and shoulders ahead of Baker as far as talent. We will basically be getting him for his run blocking skills. Matt Ryan would make him good otherwise.

Joe Thomas probably deserve his contract but as you can see Cleveland isn't doing anything. So for a team who is not a contender, paying 10 million dollars would probably be stupid.

The Falcons could offer Long a contract similar to Beatty and put incentives in their if he makes the pro bowl and plays all his games.

The Falcons are about to give their franchise over 100 million dollars. Why not protect your investment with a capable pro bowler. I'm sure Ryan would sacrifice a million or two towards the salary cap per season to have a pro bowl tackle.

It's 10 million reasons why they are letting him go. He's good enough for them to offer him 6-7 million. Plus he made 4 pro bowls not 2

All I'm saying is pay the man in the Beatty range if you are going to give Baker the same thing. He's head and shoulders ahead of Baker as far as talent. We will basically be getting him for his run blocking skills. Matt Ryan would make him good otherwise.

Joe Thomas probably deserve his contract but as you can see Cleveland isn't doing anything. So for a team who is not a contender, paying 10 million dollars would probably be stupid.

The Falcons could offer Long a contract similar to Beatty and put incentives in their if he makes the pro bowl and plays all his games.

The Falcons are about to give their franchise over 100 million dollars. Why not protect your investment with a capable pro bowler. I'm sure Ryan would sacrifice a million or two towards the salary cap per season to have a pro bowl tackle.

i have not seen the article that says the Dolphins want Jake Long back at any price. And your point about 4 pro-bowls instead of 2 just further underscores my point.

Jake Long is damaged goods. A tremdously talented multiple pro-bowler that is damaged goods - is still damaged goods.

I loved Jake Long coming out of college - even wanted him over Matt (at the time - was wrong about that).

Jake may end up being fine and having a long career - but I would not bet on it - the team(Dolphins) that knows him best and knows his health best - is not betting on it

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport hears that free agent LT Jake Long is seeking $11 million per year on his next contract.

The Miami Herald reported late in January that Long was looking for upwards of $10 million annually, so this coincides with that. The Dolphins are reportedly only willing to give him around $6-7 million per year, so his chances of returning are looking slim if what Rapoport is hearing is true. Our own Evan Silva predicts a re-signing with the Dolphins for five years and $37.5 million. The Bears have also been mentioned as a landing spot.

Agreed. The Phins are hedging their bets he's damaged and don't want to throw massive jack at him!

Agreed. The Phins are hedging their bets he's damaged and don't want to throw massive jack at him!

I'm not saying give him anything close to Joe Thomas. All I'm saying is if we throw Beatty money to Baker, we mine as well give it to Long instead.

I'm not saying give him anything close to Joe Thomas. All I'm saying is if we throw Beatty money to Baker, we mine as well give it to Long instead.

you are in love with the 2008-2011 Jake Long - that guy is gone.....what is left is a shell of that guy who is a greedy bastage wanting 30% more than he's worth - damaged goods - no thanks.