Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carter

Playstation 4 News And Updates

643 posts in this topic

Sony talks about pricing the PS4. Without pinpointing a price.

While talking about previous console launches and what they have learned from them, Sony said that the PS4's price will appeal to gamers “in the broadest sense.” While this is far from telling us the actual price of the console, it does suggest that Sony is keeping price in mind and will try to keep it as low as possible.

Sony says that looking at their previous console launches and learning from them is incredibly important and determines how they will launch future systems such as the PS4.

http://www.tgbuzz.com/archives/7073

To be honest, I don´t care that much about specs. It will be alot faster than the ps3, that is a given and that´s enough for me. How it compares to a PC is not my concern... I could put my high powered PC (Geforce gtx 680) on my TV any time and wouldn´t have to wait for the ps4 but I don´t want that big case in my living room.

So what I really do care about is the case, the cooling and the efficiency of the ps4. It would be nice for a change if they produce a silent console.

I used to be a really nerd about speed but in the last couple of years I prefer durability and efficiency alot more.

Sony executive Michael Denny says the PS4 is "absolutely focused on gamers." In stark contrast to what has been said of Microsoft's vision with the next Xbox, which is said to focus more heavily on the non-gaming entertainment aspect of XBL.

In a conversation with Edge Online, Sony executive Michael Denny spoke quite a bit about PlayStation 4, discussing the “five-year journey” he’s taken with the console since its inception in 2008.

Talking about the PS4’s reveal event in New York City this past February, Denny noted that the “vision” behind PS4 “is fairly simple.” In short, Sony is “looking at making a next-gen console for gamers and made by gamers.”

He later continued, talking about lessons learned from PlayStation 3, and Sony’s perpetual want to also “reach as broad a gaming audience as possible… whilst being a system that’s deep, connected, rich and immersive and is going to give a very focused and differentiated experience than anything else that’s out there.”

But another of Denny’s comments is likely to please PlayStation fans: “There’s plenty of time, we’ve got lots of information yet to give out on PlayStation 4,” he admitted. “The initial announcement phase that we’re in now is just to explain the vision to everybody. Part of that vision is we have created a console absolutely focused on gamers – and we want that to be gamers in the broadest sense as well. I think to some extent I can ask you to draw your own conclusions.”

http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/04/16/sony-exec-playstation-4-absolutely-focused-on-gamers

I hope it is real because it absolutely looks incredible

Could be real, could be fake. We can see a window glare on the ps4 by the looks of it, which is why It could be real.

Could be real, could be fake. We can see a window glare on the ps4 by the looks of it, which is why It could be real.

Though really competent people can fake this too.

I am a bit sceptical though about the height. It looks too slim to provide effective cooling. But I would really tobe proven wrong :)

NJDirtyBird7 likes this

Though really competent people can fake this too.

I am a bit sceptical though about the height. It looks too slim to provide effective cooling. But I would really tobe proven wrong smile.png

Yeah, this could've easily been created in Maya. Real or fake, at least we don't have much longer before console reveal.

It's fake.

PS2 and PS3 both had flexible design in vertical or horizontal orientation. That design is prohibitive for standing up on its side. Not to mention it doesn't have the proper connections on the back.

It's fake.

PS2 and PS3 both had flexible design in vertical or horizontal orientation. That design is prohibitive for standing up on its side. Not to mention it doesn't have the proper connections on the back.

By the looks of it, it has a hdmi connection, regular hd connection, Ethernet port (even though its going to be wireless too), Power.

I hope it is real because it absolutely looks incredible

it looks like a jaguar ****** a 3do while a cd-I was getting some back door action and some of the back grease got in the drive slot

it looks like a jaguar ****** a 3do while a cd-I was getting some back door action and some of the back grease got in the drive slot

Would be nice if PS4 goes old school in design imo.

No way Sony plasters the huge *** logos on the ps4 like that.

I mean yeah, it'll be branded, but those are giant. Look at the size of the PlayStation logo. Way to gaudy.

Sony talks about developers being able to disable share button functionality during certain parts of the game that they don't want spoiled. Can't see it being used much for that reason, personally.

Also found it cool in this article that a Sony exec was addicted to Dark Souls and got behind the share button because of an existing service that let him watch people playing the game when he couldn't himself.

Sony Worldwide Studios president Shuhei Yoshida has revealed some more information about the DualShock 4's 'Share' button.

In an interview with Japanese game news site 4Gamer (translated by Edge), Yoshida reveals that developers can disable the use of the 'Share' button at key times, meaning users won't be able to upload whatever footage they want.

“There will be parts of a game that the maker does not want people to be able to see,” he said. “For example, on Vita, developers can in certain scenes disable the feature that lets users take a screenshot, and (the Share function) will have a similar mechanism. The creator may not want to make video of the final boss sharable, for instance.”

The interview also reveals the genesis behind one of the DualShock's biggest innovations.

“We were trying to think of a way to make it easier for users to upload video," said Yoshida. "And one day a member of our in-house production team just said, ‘How about a Share button?’ We called out in unison, ‘That’s it!’”

Yoshida got behind the idea not a purely as a shrewd business decision but from his own addiction to Dark Souls – he would regularly look up videos of the game on Japanese video-streaming site Niconico Douga. “I wanted to play Dark Souls all day long, but I couldn’t do that because I was too busy. So instead I would watch people playing it live on Niconico whenever I had some spare time. By doing that, you can find other ways to play the game and read comments by other users. I felt that sharing videos is a really important part of enjoying games.”

The PlayStation 4 will be released later this year.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/07/developers-can-disable-the-dualshock-4s-share-button

Ubisoft associate producer on the new Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag game calls the Playstation 4 a "perfect jewel" and talks some on how Sony has learned from its mistakes with PS3 in creating a console that game developers can really take advantage of. Also speaks on how details will be more fleshed out with the new consoles because current consoles are running at 100% now.

The PlayStation 4 is like a "perfect jewel," according to Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag associate producer Sylvain Trottier. Speaking during Sony's latest Conversations with Creators video, the designer said it is up to developers to make the most of the next-generation platform.

"The beauty of working with Sony honestly on this console for this generation was the fact that it was built for the game developers," Trottier said. "And to be really honest, Sony fixed all the issues that could have been there on the console and right now I think it's up to us; like we have a perfect jewel in our hand. It's up to us to push the bar and make it shine."

Elsewhere in the video, Trottier explained that developing for PS4 has been "a lot more intuitive" and exploiting the platform's increased system specifications will allow Ubisoft to "push the bar" for graphics.

"All little details that you cannot right now put on the current generation of consoles because the console is running 100 percent right now," he said. "So you cannot add all these little details that are going to make the game even more beautiful, more immersive.

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag launches October 29 for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC, and Wii U. The game is also in development for next-generation consoles like the PlayStation 4. A release for Microsoft's next Xbox has not been confirmed yet.

The PS4 launches this holiday season, though a specific date or price has not been announced thus far.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/ubisoft-playstation-4-like-a-perfect-jewel-6408142/

According to a leak from the company handling the PS4 marketing, the slogan they will be using to market the PS4 is "GREATNESS AWAITS."

This leak also comes from the same source who leaked the PSP marketing info months before it aired, so there is credibility here.

playstation.jpg

Sony is going to give PlayStation 4 a big marketing push and the keywords behind it are "Greatness Awaits." Siliconera obtained a leak from a company working on the campaign. The commercial starts off by showing an empty road in a small town. A lone guy walks down the road towards the camera and says, "Who are you not to be great? You, with the imagination of a brilliant child and the powers of an ancient god."

"Who are you to be ordinary? You, who could get away with murder, or raise the dead…" As the guy says this the buildings start to look damaged.

"Who are you to be anonymous? You, whose name should be spoken in reverent tones or in terrified whispers." We hear a distant screech – and in the far background some windows blow out from the sound. Suddenly, two people sprint the opposite way covered in yellow paint.

"Who are you to be afraid? You, who can serve as judge and jury while hoarding infinite lives." The nearby buildings appear increasingly damaged as he walks. We begin to notice a few people are starting to come out and follow behind him – three friends fall in behind while a kid on a BMX bike rolls in from an alley off the

main street, his friend is standing on the back foot pegs carrying a hockey stick and wearing a homemade cape. He passes by some abandoned cars in the middle of the road. But more brave souls have joined our hero’s cause.They walk behind him – following him wherever it is he is headed.

"Who are you to be a slave to the past? You who can travel time like the oceans and rewrite history with a single word." Without wavering and with growing focus our hero continues to head straight towards camera, passing some rubble spattered in yellow paint. With the wind blowing against him and the sounds of chaos in front, he begins to raise his voice to be heard. In the background, we see a home-made lag painted with the icon from Destiny unfurl out a broken window.

"Who are you to deny greatness? If you would deny it to yourself, you deny it to the entire world."

I can dig it.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/05/09/sonys-playstation-4-marketing-slogan-is-greatness-awaits/

Sony confirmed this was fake, which is sad because the video and ps4 looked really good. I wouldn't be shocked if Sony is just calling it fake just so they can surprise us with a "Sike! it was real!" at E3.

Shahid Ahmad has been a very busy man. He's been the primary one responsible for Sony's progressive new approach to developer relations. Recently he went on record to say PS4 has more developer engagement than any console Sony has made previously and that the PS4 at launch will have a lot of high quality content.

E3 should give us a definitive list of launch titles and content. They are expecting to have a substantial amount of gaming content for the launch.

I'm still hoping the ps4 isn't a lot.

Latest rumor on a price was $430. Less than a month from finding out for sure though.