Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carter

Xbox One News & Updates

437 posts in this topic

doesn't matter really, people who played Kingdom hearts 1 and 2 have always been with sony.. more copies will be sold for PS4 than XBONE

I don't think it would matter where the first games came out. If it came out on 360 it would outsell it on PS3. Devil May Cry 4 and the reboot, Metal Gear HD, and FF13 all sold more on 360 than PS3

However I don't think X-Bone is gonna sell worth a ****, so it will definitely sell more on PS4

Microsoft responds to Xbox One backlash.

Microsoft has responded to the backlash surrounding the Xbox One and its controversial used game and connectivity policies. Speaking with GameSpot today, corporate vice president at Microsoft Game Studios Phil Spencer said gamers will ultimately vote with their wallets.

"We always knew that our story would play out over time. And even now, I would say, this isn't a sprint," Spencer said. "The platform launches this November; we've got more content to share."

"There are other means like Gamescom [and] TGS coming that will still continue to put a value [proposition] on what we're bringing to market," he added. "The reaction, I think, is complete when the product is on the shelf and it has a price and it has a content library and consumers vote."

"And that's the date I'm looking forward to."

http://www.gamespot.com/news/microsoft-responds-to-xbox-one-backlash-this-isnt-a-sprint-6409849/

because they are letting publishers decide DRM just like Sony?....please explain

Because they are doing a lot of damage to themselves and over estimating peoples brand loyalty.

Like the ps3 vs xbox 360 Sony thought that they were going to get everyone who had a ps1... yet the 360 came out with a bang and won that generation of gaming.

Now it seems Microsoft thinks the same as Sony back then and may have to realise people aren't loyal to brands but quality.

Because they are doing a lot of damage to themselves and over estimating peoples brand loyalty.

Like the ps3 vs xbox 360 Sony thought that they were going to get everyone who had a ps1... yet the 360 came out with a bang and won that generation of gaming.

Now it seems Microsoft thinks the same as Sony back then and may have to realise people aren't loyal to brands but quality.

why? Sony and Microsoft are doing the same thing?

why? Sony and Microsoft are doing the same thing?

No they are not, if Xbox really wanted to challenge this generation they would not do the biggest mistake Sony made in the last generation.

$$$$

How?

Do you read anything or just make assumptions? Microsoft has demonstrated nothing but arrogance... from blatantly anti-consumer policies to publicly saying they would kill Sony at E3. They have inferior hardware and no longer have the edge with online, every poll on every site is a landslide in favor of PS4, and they are sitting there basically saying people will come to their senses and love Xbox One sooner or later.

They are not doing the same thing... are you serious? GTFO of here with that bs.

Or this one.

http://www.gamespot.com/e3/microsoft-xbox-one-will-be-leading-product-people-love-and-embrace-6409895/?edition=desktop

Gamers only hate Xbox One because we're opinionated. They will have the leading platform and everyone will love them. Anyone without internet access can just be happy with an 8 year old Xbox 360 console, even if they want something new. Oh wait, their most direct competitor has better hardware that's cheaper and doesn't require internet??? They are delusional.

I'll be getting the Xbox One.

I'm simply not a Single Player guy, and Sony PSN has never been anything to brag about. Sure you get free games, but those are single player games because the multiplayer on PSN is GARBAGE. Microsoft is offering dedicated servers, halo, exclusive first cod and battlefield content, titan fall, killer instinct, and forza. I think that Microsoft has it right with the mentality of "It's a marathon, not a sprint". Xbox One offers far more possibilities in the future than PS. In the end, I think I would be a lot happier 8 years from now with the XB1 than the PS4, but that's just me.

I don't lend games, I have a good internet connection, I don't know why people would sell their games to gamestop, and you can buy used games anyway. I'm sure that by the time release day comes around, Microsoft will have loosened up one of these policies a little.

More power to you, but I will disagree that PSN is garbage for online gaming (simply not true) and that Xbox One is set up any better for the future than PS4. Ultimately it's your choice to make based on the games and features that appeal to you, but no one needs to manufacture falsehoods to justify it.

Dedicated servers on consoles=terrible idea.

haven't had a problem with them yet. The games i've played with dedicated servers are the ones that pissed me off the least. P2P is outdated. Its 2013

haven't had a problem with them yet. The games i've played with dedicated servers are the ones that pissed me off the least. P2P is outdated. Its 2013

In terms of lag they're awesome, but you have to search to find a good one as many are run by conglomerate gaming communities who have ******* admins who abuse power.

In terms of lag they're awesome, but you have to search to find a good one as many are run by conglomerate gaming communities who have ******* admins who abuse power.

thats all that matters lol. Homefront was a super small game on dedicated servers and there was never a problem finding games. BF3 rented theres out. No problem with that. Gears 3's were fine, the game itself was just cheeks lol

http://www.examiner....net-requirement

welp for people who live in remote places with terrible DSL.. they can't even use an xbox one

another knock on it.

This is another great fanboy post. A link to a blogger that makes the giant leap of "recommended" to "mandatory" which has now been turned into "they can't even use an xbox one"....Awesome.

Looks like everyone is slowly catching on to the BS as fanboys on many forums are getting called out. The Myths are certainly not matching the reality.

Looks like everyone is slowly catching on to the BS as fanboys on many forums are getting called out. The Myths are certainly not matching the reality.

Not really. PS4 is beating Xbox One so far. Even many diehard 360 users are choosing PS4 over Xbox One. Sony just increased their PS4 sales projections, as a matter of fact.

You calling everyone you disagree with a fanboy is cute though.

You are a terrible troll btw.