Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carter

Xbox One News & Updates

437 posts in this topic

It's understandable that you defend your console, that's what us fanboys do haha. I've owned most consoles (didn't own a PS3) and I have really enjoyed the experience on both the original xbox and the 360. However I'm still not sold on which console I will be getting this generation. I have become attached to a lot of the xbox exclusives, Halo, Gears of War, Forza, etc etc as well as the xbox controller so switching to PS4 and losing the opportunity to play those games and use the controller I have been accustomed too would be a bit of a drag. I won't lie and say I'm not disappointed in the approach Microsoft is taking this generation. In trying to be an all-in-one box instead of a gaming console I do feel that they are alienating a lot of their "hardcore" gamers. The used game and must connect every 24 hours doesn't bother me at all, that has absolutely no effect on whether I will by a One or not. It's more the fact of how they are marketing the system that has me second guessing.

Well I'm not a fanboy, I just read a lot and share my opinions because I like talking about this stuff. I favor Sony right now because literally everything about PS4 looks rock solid from a gaming standpoint and that's what I'm here for. I will be getting a PS4 and more than likely a Wii U at some point, plus I am starting to piece together a plan to build a PC gaming rig... although I am reconsidering that some due to SteamBox. If MS wasn't making a complete clusterf--k out of Xbox One, I would be planning to get one. As it stands they have to blow me away with exclusives to get me back onboard.

I get you about being used to Xbox... I totally get that. I prefer the triggers on the Xbox controller (and Dreamcast), but was never comfortable with the analog sticks being asymmetrical. It's all personal preference with that stuff. I do like that they changed the triggers on the DualShock 4, in large part because Bungie requested it. As far as Halo, Gears of War, Forza... those are great games but not enough to make me buy a One unless they are just amazing.

I'm not telling anyone "don't get an Xbox One." By all means, if you want one it's your money. I just want nothing to do with it based on what we know about it.

I have been very hesitant to say anything like that, but even Xbox fanboys at some of the sites I frequent are flipping out about this. It doesn't get any more official than that link and MS basically confirmed the rumors.

Unless they flat out wow me with exclusives, I am not getting one.

Talking about it with some friends this morning. The same friends who flipped when I said I might go PS4 are insisting this CAN'T be true. I'm like, "Yea, that's an official statement. BELIEVE IT!"

They'll have to alter that policy, they can't be that arrogant to think that the masses will support them in spite of all this nonsense.

I'll give PS3 credit on a few games. Uncharted is my favorite series. But I don't know anything else on PS3 that has come out lately that's even comparable to Halo 4, Gears 3 and Judgment, and especially the Forza series that has left Gran Turismo in the dust

And you can't really count system repurchases against 360, if people wanted a PS3 instead they could've bought that (and many probably did).

Well I'm not taking anything away from those games, but they are literally the only games worth mentioning the last few years on 360. MS has had a much bigger focus on Kinect and entertainment apps. PS3 has had a pretty consistent flow of great games over the last few years on top of the multiplatform games. MLB The Show, God of War 3, Uncharted, LittleBigPlanet, inFamous, Heavy Rain, Ni No Kuni, Ico/Shadow of Colossus Collection, Twisted Metal, Starhawk, Killzone, The Last of Us, and some pretty awesome indie games.

I'm not really using repurchases against 360, just illustrating that the sales numbers are a little more bloated because of it. It's fairly irrelevant but it's there.

just illustrating that the sales numbers are a little more bloated because of it. It's fairly irrelevant but it's there.

A little more?

I'm on, i think, my 4th or 5th 360.

Well I'm not taking anything away from those games, but they are literally the only games worth mentioning the last few years on 360. MS has had a much bigger focus on Kinect and entertainment apps. PS3 has had a pretty consistent flow of great games over the last few years on top of the multiplatform games. MLB The Show, God of War 3, Uncharted, LittleBigPlanet, inFamous, Heavy Rain, Ni No Kuni, Ico/Shadow of Colossus Collection, Twisted Metal, Starhawk, Killzone, The Last of Us, and some pretty awesome indie games.

I'm not really using repurchases against 360, just illustrating that the sales numbers are a little more bloated because of it. It's fairly irrelevant but it's there.

For that last part same could be said about Ps3 just trying to be fair I knew someone who had a few yellow lights of death, and someone's slim who just broke.

Ok, do you believe ps3 beat 360 from a business standpoint? just want to see if im communicating with a sane person. I do understand everyone has their preferences

PS3 has outsold 360 now.. so in essence yes it has won from a business standpoint

For that last part same could be said about Ps3 just trying to be fair I knew someone who had a few yellow lights of death, and someone's slim who just broke.

It has happened with PS3 but nowhere on the level of RROD. Of the 30 or so people I play online with, I'm the only one who has had to buy a new one because of malfunction.

Polygon, a notoriously pro-Xbox site, rips apart the Xbox One.

After a month of vague corporate comments from Microsoft executives, we now know the Xbox One's game licensing policy was written from the ground up for companies. It's aggressively anti-consumer and anti-middle class, and it outright ignores underprivileged gamers. It's gross, despicable, greedy, pathetic, cowardly and out of touch with a growing global resentment for corporations.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/7/4406170/xbox-one-internet-trade-policy

I have both the 360 and the PS3. I use the 360 as my gaming device, and the PS3 mainly for netflix/blu-ray. I will admit that I tend to lean more towards the 360 overall for games, but the "always-on" function of the Xbox 1 leads me to believe that I won't be getting one. I may actually just sit out this entire generation. The PS3 bothers me because of the near endless updates which take forever to install. I can't turn it on without having to update. If that that continues through the PS4 I'll have to pass on it too. Maybe I'll rehook my N64 to my TV and go through the classics again.

Even though PS3 finally outsold 360. Wii won this generation even if you like it or not. Honestly the sales of consoles are now irrelevant in fact once the 3rd year or 4th years pass no one talks about that anymore.

This is in response to Jimsmusic

This generation will always be remembered as Sony's fall from grace Microsoft's Rise and Nintendo regaining the throne.

I will completely disagree with the idea that Nintendo regained the throne just because Wii outsold 360 and PS3. Wii was a garbage console with about 10 good games in the entire library, the other couple thousand are complete shovelware or casual fitness/dance stuff. I love Nintendo but Wii was garbage imo and they (Nintendo) are way behind the curve with online gaming. But that's not a discussion for this thread so we can agree to disagree here.

i dont see how sonys "fall from grace". PS3 was just fine if developers took their time developing correctly for it. but w/e.

the fact it has now outsold 360.. i don't get it. but w/e again

i dont see how sonys "fall from grace". PS3 was just fine if developers took their time developing correctly for it. but w/e.

the fact it has now outsold 360.. i don't get it. but w/e again

If you couldn't see it then I'm not sure how to explain it to you.

I mean for crying out loud we are in the what 7th year of this generation no wait 8th considering Xbox 360 came in 2005, but it wasn't until last year that Sony finally caught up, or something by then no one cares about console sales we're onto What will PS4, Xbox 720, blah etc etc. look like.

As for the Wii being garbage well that's just an opinion if you could only find 10 good games for it that's on you. I've found much more than that people don't want to consider it apart of this generation only because it didn't have the HD graphics, but it was something different, and not only that apparently it must have been VERY good if Microsoft and Sony went out of their ways to get a slice of the pie.

Wii dominated both these two consoles I don't like it myself personally, but being real it won this generation, and for the time being Nintendo regain their throne back no matter how you slice it.

Sony fell off and Xbox/Microsoft Rised up I mean when you compare Xbox 1 in sales to where 360 is what do you call that?

Think Xbox 1 only ended less than 30 million 360 is at 70 something million in sales

Sony ended with like 130 million PS2's sold they dropped back down to now some 70 million PS3 sold. I won't get into repeat buyers and what not.

If you don't see that as a drop off then oh well. To each his own though.

Uh oh this could actually be good or bad for PS4 then, and actually I have a funny feelings that I will talk about later it has to deal with Microsoft actually and it's just a theory I had a few days ago you might be surprised when I talk about it once I get off work.

If anyone wants an Xbox One this year, best jump on it quick. Preorders are officially open at GameStop with a ship date of November 21st, $499. Other retailers should be following suit.

The biggest exclusive halo is launching a year after the console.

The launch titles do not look great for the XBOne

The biggest exclusive halo is launching a year after the console.

The launch titles do not look great for the XBOne

Do you have a link to the titles for XboxOne by chance?

Ok as for that theory basically for some strange reason I think Microshit is leading the way to try and kill off consoles only because as you already know they pretty much own the PC department if you know what I mean. It's just everything seems a bit odd about Xbox One. I don't know how to thoroughly explain it, but it's just a feeling I had for the past couple of days.

I can't find any local brick and mortar stores with Xbox One preorders still available.

When I went to reserve a PS4 at GameStop, the guy ahead of me got the last Xbox One available... but as the store manager explained, it was only available because someone who had preordered a One yesterday switched his reservation to PS4 this morning. Thought that was funny. Not overly funny, but worthy of an empty lol.